General engine prices?

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 16 Jun 2011, 1:51 pm

ROJ wrote:Alternators/waterpumps/gaskets and hoses of all kinds/distributors/engine mounts/drive belts/bearings/tensioners/wirings, to name a few.. Certainly as hell you need these consumable parts if you plan to drop and operate a clean/genuine engine once in a lifetime..

Some people improvise and source locally or fabricate or jam some bullshit here and there which rapes the engine eventually.. But it seems hard to find people who would treat it here as a sane investment which would be to drop the engine and ensure it runs well and reliably on a long run... Otherwise it would be un-realistic to treat like 'disposable razor blades'.. Concern is there isnt room for such services/products as it seems the general demand is drop, destroy and then replace..

ahh now i see what you mean

ok to answer

Sr20 runs a timming chain many cars out there with 200,000+ that dont need replacing, styill u.s. ebay should find you a gates cheap

they also run a cas insteed of a distributer so that should last the life of your car. The first thing to go ign related will be coilpacks on a sr, but its easy enough to wire up ls1 packs if you are having too much trouble.

engine mounts...once again soo many aftermarket options, nismo, urus etc, in mine i actually used mounts from a different car as they where quality

Otherwise I work with these guys http://www.amayama.com/ If you email Justin from there he will be able to help. Will gladly ship any service parts for 2j,sr20,rb25 etc

hope this helps
Last edited by UAE NEWBIE on 16 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.