HELP! please :) registration etc

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
JDM<3
UB Junior Member

Post by JDM<3 » 01 Feb 2012, 9:02 pm

Hey UB

I m going to pay for a used car tomorrow. Just want to know if I can transfer it into my name without a UAE drivers license.

Point 1 : I don't have it atm because I'm waiting to receive my Canadian License from the License Bureau in Canada as it was suspended when I moved here. It will arrive in the next week or 2 .. and

Point 2 I'm getting the car towed to my house, NOT driving it, and NOT registering it for another month or so because I'm doing motor work first.

Point 3 car is being bought from Sharjah and towed to Dubai.

Point 4 currently not insured

Thankss!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 01 Feb 2012, 9:22 pm

Pay like 2000 dhs less than the price and just convince the seller to wait a few weeks for the name change, you can just tow it to the garage with the previous plates still on it.. and then when you have your license go ahead with the registration.
I don't think the guy will mind waiting 2 weeks, but make sure not to pay the full price.. who knows he might just disappear otherwise. :smile:

Edit: you wont be able to register the car anyway if it dosen't pass the rta test, since it needs to be towed.. I assume the chances of it passing are pretty Slim before repairs.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 01 Feb 2012, 9:30 pm

u can take the car and get it passed right now...that would clearly state that the cars fine...so then u can end the transaction from the seller...and wait for however long ur license procedure takes

I would suggest with passing it now so that after whatever motor work your doing to the car...the car would be passed already

JDM<3
UB Junior Member

Post by JDM<3 » 01 Feb 2012, 9:53 pm

It has a knocking cylinder... in a b16a6... so I'm doing a full k20/k24 swap... I work at Performance in Al Quoz... not tyna fix the knocking cylinder just to get it registered then swap it out and scrap it a week later..

JDM<3
UB Junior Member

Post by JDM<3 » 01 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

I have a residency visa, can I just get it put in my name if I bring it/my passport??

If not I'll just get him to deregister it then get it towed because it will either be in my garage in a very contemporary safe/rich part of Jumeirah or at performance

*** anyone know how much I am looking at for towing from Sharjah to Dubai and any recommended reputable company's??! :)

Aamir
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Honda S2000 07 Civic 08 96

Post by Aamir » 01 Feb 2012, 10:08 pm

It will cost you 200 dhs to open a file at the main traffic department even if you dont have a license.
Carry your original passport with you.

Step 1 - Pass the car -Cost 120 Dhs
Step 2 - Find an Insurance provider who can offer insurance without a license
step 3 - Pay 200 dhs + 460 dhs registration cost

To register the car in Dubai, your visa should be from Dubai, If not, then you should be living in Dubai with the tenancy contract in your name in order to register in Dubai.

Hope it helps,

Aamir

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 02 Feb 2012, 1:43 am

JDM<3 wrote:It has a knocking cylinder... in a b16a6... so I'm doing a full k20/k24 swap... I work at Performance in Al Quoz... not tyna fix the knocking cylinder just to get it registered then swap it out and scrap it a week later..
I wanted to work there! I guess im not good enough yet. I got my car there quiet few times got it fixed one time though, cuz the other times they told me how to DIY so i went home n did all the work. However, you can stop by any random tow truck guy on the road and ask them how much it will cost, they can tell you better than anyone else. I got mine towed from qasis police station till sharjah for around 150 dhs. They dont charge by the mile like in US/CANADA, so you cant really tell how much will it cost. You're better off asking random tow truck guys on the road than anyone else around.
Some banks do offer free tow for your car, i think its emirates bank if you have a credit card with them they will get your car towed from anywhere for free. Did that one time in the past.

Cheers