How i lost my "GS"

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
umair.ssfreak
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2001 Land Cruser

Post by umair.ssfreak » 21 Jul 2012, 10:48 pm

Here is the story of how i lost the best thing i ever had.I live in Ajman from past five years! My first car was suziki swift but i have to sell it because it doesn't have much power as i replaced its compressor with the one from Suzuki vitara as the A/C was not working fine. I am a big fan of GS series, especially from the year 1999 to 2003! After begging to my father for many times he bought me a 2000 Model GS 300 around six months ago. Although i was gonna put a lot of stuff in it but the UAE imposed a new traffic law so i couldn't do anything. But 2 months ago, Police officers stopped me in the front of my house in ajman and started checking my car! I had a sticker of Barca on the petrol cap, he asked me to either remove it or he will give me a fine. I removed it! Then he asked me if i had lowered my car (you may call it "NAZZAL"). Which i didn't. I told him for like 10 times but he won't listen. He issued me the fine of 200 and impounded my car for seven days. I went to Sharjah marorr and they sent me to ajman marorr! I went there and then they sent me to ajman police station. I went there fro like "8" times. Everyday they told me to come and see them tomorrow. After 8th time they again sent me to ajman marror and there they sent me back! I was sick and tired of this, so i submitted the fine of 200 along with 700 to prevent my car from impound. Then my father sold it because i didn't have any money to change the suspension. And i lost what i just got. I thought i will get justice beacuse i was right. I showed them the pictures i took before i passed it from marorr but they never listen.What i realize is that I Wish i had a big wasta :( :( :( :( !

Mr. Mark
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:1992 Toyota Mark II

Post by Mr. Mark » 21 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

shit happens friend......
i bought MARK II around 1 month ago and i was hearing all this before buying it
one of my friend warned me not to enter in SHJ 'cuz
i'm having more than 30% tints
4" exhaust(really loud) and now i'm planning to change it
was having 1 finger gap and now i changed my suspensions and my car is looking ugly as hell :arrow: cuz now it's 4 fingers gap :mad:
and he was saying that even they'll confiscate my car cuz my taillights are black :arrow:

to be honest,it's better if you have big waasta if you want kick %#%$ rides......

AZ_ME
UB Dedicated Member

Post by AZ_ME » 22 Jul 2012, 1:54 am

the whole UAE has no rules or regulations for car entusiasts at all.
either u have wasta or kiss@$$ OR u live a normal life drive a corolla.
still doest not offer any thing about justice lol. i find it funny that majority of the gov work force are uneducated ppl. that still judge u by look's, if they like u they are easy if they dont say bye to all ur hopes lol. :mrgreen:
just hope that they start puting educated ppl ( sorry abt this long story its a persoanl exp ).

Makoy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 22 Jul 2012, 5:04 am

wait they even confiscate rides for having black tail lights ????? WTF?? I just ordered mine and its on the way ... ??????? please re confirm this

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 22 Jul 2012, 7:39 am

Makoy wrote:wait they even confiscate rides for having black tail lights ????? WTF?? I just ordered mine and its on the way ... ??????? please re confirm this

yeah. specially in sharjah.. pray hard no anjad ends up @ your rear

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 22 Jul 2012, 9:18 am

the majority of guys i see with smoked tail lights do it so dark i can't see them braking during the day - quite a dangerous practice

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 22 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

Very true ^

7araam..

Shj/Ajman is very common for these stunts.
A friend of mine got his car impounded cause it was slightly dusty and he didnt drive it around much cause he had another car. That too without notice.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 22 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

So ur complaining that they impounded your car on stock suspension?

Then you mention u didn't have money to change the suspension so sold it?

I'm really confused.

Either you had some aftermarket suspension which made the car sit low or the stock shocks were blown or the springs cut to make it sit low hence they impounded it?

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 22 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

To some extent the shj/ajman cops donot listen to anything...might listen IF you do speak arabic...im sure most of us here have faced the similar issue...only logical solution to this would be owning another car and using it as a DD... :arrow: absolutely nonsense and a pure CRAP...

on the other hand dubai pigs are much much better off...recently they stopped me to ask if i was selling my car as his brother needed a car....

Makoy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 22 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

actually the euro black taillight i ordered have clear plastic cover where you can clearly see the red lights and the only black part is the base housing. this should be alright right? and how about the halo headlights?

Mr. Mark
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:1992 Toyota Mark II

Post by Mr. Mark » 22 Jul 2012, 5:23 pm

as you can see..... it's nothing like you can't see my taillights but i don't know copers go crazy :arrow:

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 23 Jul 2012, 10:37 am

in sharjah/ajman anything and everything is possible...it just depends on the mood of cops. my friend has a dxb plate accord which is lowerd and has only 1 fingre gap, never got stopped for lowering till date. whereas, i used to get stopped in my accord (shj plate) most of the time untill i put back the stock springs. The good part was i could renew the registration without any issue. :?

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 23 Jul 2012, 4:06 pm

what the hell is a wasta?

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 23 Jul 2012, 8:00 pm

"wasta" is influence - for example - "my uncle is in the police so i have wasta" he knows someone who knows someone etc

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 23 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

Basically shady dealings and using your influence or sources to get things done and bypass the usual, legal way.