How i lost my "GS"

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
bennaiqbal
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Audi A7 2013

Post by bennaiqbal » 25 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

Wow dude! AUS too? Greaaaaaaat! :D haha I see this forum has so many AUS guys.

Anyways. Is it Kashif's Altima? :S

Hope to meet you soon mate, gotta discuss this stuff lol

sh8ker
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Rolla 2011

Post by sh8ker » 25 Jul 2012, 11:45 pm

is there any law against using aftermarket lowering springs? :( i just purchased mine from the US. it will be like 2-3 fingers between the fender and rims.

umair.ssfreak
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2001 Land Cruser

Post by umair.ssfreak » 26 Jul 2012, 12:30 am

bennaiqbal wrote:Wow dude! AUS too? Greaaaaaaat! :D haha I see this forum has so many AUS guys.

Anyways. Is it Kashif's Altima? :S

Hope to meet you soon mate, gotta discuss this stuff lol
:razz: yeah, it's his car! you know him too! I met him right outside the main gate when he was stopped by the police!

umair.ssfreak
UB Junior Member

Post by umair.ssfreak » 26 Jul 2012, 12:34 am

sh8ker wrote:is there any law against using aftermarket lowering springs? :( i just purchased mine from the US. it will be like 2-3 fingers between the fender and rims.
As far as i think, it's not a problem in Dubai (Y) but don't ever bring your car to Ajman! :mrgreen: FYI,In UAE, laws are like this: You sleep, everything is normal, you wake up, there will be a new law about springs! :|

Makoy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 27 Jul 2012, 2:17 am

I now have a bulletproof plan to solve my fear of SHarja Police and their ridiculous law against modified cars (Y) .. I live in sharja and my eclipse 3g is 100% stock for now,... i have ordered the parts non performance .. but im not gonna install them until i get my solution .... :arrow: My solution is :S ... to %#%$ move back to dubai in after my contract expires, thats 3 - 4 months from now .. Thats the most logical solution i think ... live to an emirate that is a bit logical than others ! (Y) :roll:

but wait is the confiscation for good law still in effect ? or do they give cars back now ? because i read from a news paper sometime back that once they take your car they'll never gonna give it back ... have you guys heard about this BS? :mrgreen:

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 27 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

good advice to guys who like to rice their cars(black headlights/taillights, angel eyes, aftermarket xenons in halogen headlight with light blinding everyone, xenons in fog lights, driving with only fog lights, riced up exhausts not designed for their cars, cut stock springs and lower, fake wheels, fake carbon fiber stickers, vinly stickers, stupid emoticon stickers and other garbage stickers, silly poor quality 2-5 tone paint jobs etc etc)

is to move out of sharjah/ajman.
best advice would be to not rice your car hehe and instead mod your cars tastefully.

sorry for the rant.
*flamesuit on*

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 27 Jul 2012, 2:20 pm

^ (Y)

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 27 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

soflow wrote:good advice to guys who like to rice their cars(black headlights/taillights, angel eyes, aftermarket xenons in halogen headlight with light blinding everyone, xenons in fog lights, driving with only fog lights, riced up exhausts not designed for their cars, cut stock springs and lower, fake wheels, fake carbon fiber stickers, vinly stickers, stupid emoticon stickers and other garbage stickers, silly poor quality 2-5 tone paint jobs etc etc)

best advice would be to not rice your car hehe and instead mod your cars tastefully.

sorry for the rant.
*flamesuit on*
and dont forget those stupid yet useless & non functional antennas
oh and....

umair.ssfreak
UB Junior Member

Post by umair.ssfreak » 27 Jul 2012, 3:04 pm

soflow wrote:good advice to guys who like to rice their cars(black headlights/taillights, angel eyes, aftermarket xenons in halogen headlight with light blinding everyone, xenons in fog lights, driving with only fog lights, riced up exhausts not designed for their cars, cut stock springs and lower, fake wheels, fake carbon fiber stickers, vinly stickers, stupid emoticon stickers and other garbage stickers, silly poor quality 2-5 tone paint jobs etc etc)

sorry for the rant.
*flamesuit on*
No matter how tastefully you mod your car! You will still get busted! :mrgreen:

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 28 Jul 2012, 1:24 am

umair.ssfreak wrote: No matter how tastefully you mod your car! You will still get busted! :mrgreen:
yup you will hence i suggested the moving out of sharjah/ajman and never ever driving there. for the people who study in aus, move to a university in dubai academic city

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 28 Jul 2012, 5:43 pm

im actually getting a tien full coilover set it on its way, black sports aftermatket head lights with angle eyes ricing? really? maybe those headlights that just tinted black yes that maybe riced lolz. my engine is pretty much stock.. i dont think sharja police will look if you got branded, wheels and coilover set, its just that your car is lowered and modified is the problem. because if aftermarket brand is what they are looking for then my car is pretty much safe in sharja lolz, tien coil over set, spyder head and tail lights, injen inake and ssr type f wheels... does that fall in riced up setup???

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 28 Jul 2012, 8:43 pm

Where are you getting the coilovers from?

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 29 Jul 2012, 3:21 am

http://www.andysautosport.com

i suggest get a sns account

:) just got my spyder halo headlights and tail lights today from that site! it arrived after 18 days VIA Aramex SNS http://www.shopandship.com ! and i fckin love em !!! already got them on my avatar :)

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 29 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

Coilovers thru Sns account will be quite expensive as they weigh 40kgs approx.
Many vendors will ship to UAE directly. Just contact them via email n ask.

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 29 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

soflow wrote:Coilovers thru Sns account will be quite expensive as they weigh 40kgs approx.
Many vendors will ship to UAE directly. Just contact them via email n ask.

WOW thats a way heavy COiLOVER SYSTEM ! My god thats hevier than my stock suspension kit LOLz ... Performance sports aftermarket parts are also known to be light weight ... a Tein Super Street Coilover is around 29Kg (63 pounds) Lolzz and coil over sleeves will be much much lighter LOLZ

I have already checked with Andysautosport.com the total shipping with customs and duties is 555 USD Image and its also unclear if it includes landing charges in UAE (customs clearing in UAE side) .... that alone supposed that there isnt any more charges ... cost 2,025AED (@ 3.65/USD sometimes bank calculate this at 3.685 or 3.695) and it is also unclear if its by air or sea ...

where in ARAMEX SNS 29 kgs is only 1,865AED, assured no extra cost and aramex have 3 flights on sns per week ...

Now be careful with FREE SHIPPING SITES LOLZ LOLz one thing i learned the hardway in online purchasing over these years is IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT AINT TRUE !! LOlz if someone tells you that they will ship for free to UAE with the same product price as the ones who charge to ship to UAE then... chances are you will never receive your package LoLZzz. there is a reason why SNS have huge follower and one obvious reason is its cheaper... and You are sure that you will receive the package LOlz and it gives you a move per move update via SNS Iphone App Lolz Lowering your ride height is not a cheap mod LOLz there is no shortcut no compromise neither is Shipping LOlz just curious bro what coilover brand is that and for what car ? (or tank lolz) 49 kgs? you might be referring to coilover sleeves and might have confused Lbs with Kgs lolz .... peace