Dude's

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
.Zohair
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Mazda 6 [2005-Silver]

Post by .Zohair » 11 Apr 2006, 8:33 pm

I wanna learn car parts. I mean what is a Greddy R-10 part or etc.. Thing is that i am a computer junkie but i love modifications and stuff plus i havent left a single video of racing cars. NOT OFFICIAL RACINGS but ILLEGAL STREET RACING and i love that.. So can any one teach me and tell me things about cars modification parts.. 8)

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 11 Apr 2006, 8:50 pm

well what do u wanna knw?

the internet is your playgound --- look up stuff in "google"

Do u have a car? -cause if u do, everycar has some forum on the net -- which have LOADS of info.!!!!

For example i recently found - http://www.superhonda.com or asia.vtec.net

but just look on the net and u will find anything!! -- if u doubt somrthing - then some of the experst on this forum can help u.

Its a bit broad to ask - teach me! - what do u want to knw about???
intakes, headers, exhausts, AFC's, bodykits, turbos, NOS, superchargers, bodykits, electrics etc etc etc etc etc -- the list can go on forever - especially since every car is 'different' to an extent ...

i have learnt alot from some of the people on this site - they can explain things better than any website can - cause they have a true understanding and love for cars - dont abuse it - but use it to learn :) (but try to learn somethings urself first....)

do u knw what headers, Air intakes and exhausts are? (since they are nearly always the first performance mods done) - this is a good place to start ... look up some threads on this site and on others - if u still dont understand post it up here and we will do our best to explain it to you
(i knw im repeating myself - but thats just to get more $$ :wink: )

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 11 Apr 2006, 11:52 pm

u'd never understand wuts the whole thing bout ... u have to experience it by urself .... and rest accord was rite u got internet go to some performance shop website i guess everything would be there for sale ... check out apexi.com ,hks.com and so on ... u'll get all the parts there .and trust me ulearn it by urself here everyonez gono have different way of explination ,,,and u'll end up gettin confused nuttin else

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 12 Apr 2006, 9:48 am

Is that "Z" your car?

As accord said, learn about car parts is broad? Count how many parts your car has.. Going from ECU's to brake pistons to lightbulbs.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 12 Apr 2006, 11:05 am

*** i shuld really read over my posts..... Damn my English is really deteriorating these days!!! -- i wonder whose fault that is....****

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 12 Apr 2006, 12:37 pm

accord is rite n u might get more info on performance parts related website
like HKS Greddy n all
hawk

jarrah
UB Advanced Member

Post by jarrah » 12 Apr 2006, 2:51 pm

u can just gain experince by reading old subjects in the engine part in the webiste and other websites just keep on reading and watch pics

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 13 Apr 2006, 3:56 pm

yup jarrah is rite
hawk

Marzx
UB Senior Member

Post by Marzx » 14 Apr 2006, 12:05 am

Did you ever realize a normal human being has 217 bones in his body :P

The same way u never know how many parts of your car has like Mikeh stated.. accord - nismo and jarrah did their part by telling you to read about engines which would help you in understanding how the pistons work till the way your car moves and all the other aspects invovled it..

I like pistons and its chamber caz i once blew it up :) woah Engine seizing is nice LOL tch tch ( Dad screwed my arse )

Then once you read it all, your next step is to actually drive something open the hood and check for the parts you would really feel like you are a part of it by figuring out what is what and how it works.. Im saying this because an injector or a carburator (however u spell the god damn thing) is different not only from each other but also from turbo to a super charger.. next stop is prolly NOS..

If you want info on some part that you wanna know more on.. there are guys who can help you out...!

.Zohair
UB Dedicated Member

Post by .Zohair » 14 Apr 2006, 9:09 pm

Woah guys thanx alot no that Z is not ma car!

I play all of those NFS Games all over and over again!

I know somewhat about cars and i will study more on the web thanx :D

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 14 Apr 2006, 10:51 pm

Or indeed, if you have any question.. We're always here to serve you :)

When I started learning about cars, I asked many people many questions.. but afterwards it feels good knowing what you have under the hood. When you have a certain problem, you know what it might be and how to fix it.. And when somebody opens his hood, you know what everything actually does..

.Zohair
UB Dedicated Member

Post by .Zohair » 28 Aug 2006, 6:07 pm

Lol thanks :P

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 28 Aug 2006, 7:04 pm

.Zohair wrote:Lol thanks :P
too early reply :wink:

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 28 Aug 2006, 7:50 pm

I guess the number of posts by people has drastically reduced these days... or i have become blind...
So in my hunt to post somewhere i ended up here..

U still lookin for info Zohair...

Therez something that i wanna tell u... U r aware of this though... Human brain is amazing.... even now sceince cant fully explain how memory is stored, where memory is stored and how it is being retrieved.. MY point iz....
No matter How much u involve urself in diverse fields... u tend to not learn anything completely.... hehehehe!
For example me... Mech engg and Comp Grad... I am good at both... now i am stuck... I am unable to eat wit both hands... Its too much... hope u got the idea...

hehehe... jst kiiding...
Knowledge is power...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 28 Aug 2006, 10:32 pm

In the end as well.. the more you know about something, the more you have the feeling you don't know it at all.