AIR SUSPENSION?? IS IT ALLOWED IN SHARJAH OR ANY EMIRATE?

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Billeeshawl
UB Junior Member

Post by Billeeshawl » 09 Feb 2014, 8:15 am

is air suspension on your car allowed in UAE?

i have Honda accord 2008; Sharjah plate (private code 1). if i install air suspension from ACCU-AIR will i have trouble registering or passing the car? which emirates allow air suspension if not sharjah?

(without vasta lol)

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 09 Feb 2014, 11:44 pm

make sure you count sharjah out of the world...coz well...they are :grin:

your answer : NO ..they dont pass coilovers even...

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 10 Feb 2014, 4:52 am

I was stopped once by Shj police and got a 7 day impound, but that was only because I was driving REALLY low (Air suspension)

I went to the police station, had a bit of an argument with the officers there, bottom line is this:
If your car did not come out of the factory with an air suspension, it is illegal to install one.

BUT I went to the place where you register cars in Shj (near air port road), I had coilovers back then, 0 wheel gap, -4 degrees camber and my car passed. I also asked them if my car will pass once I install the air suspension, they said it will pass, just make sure the car is RAISED to almost STOCK height before you give it to them.

I sold the car before it was time to re-register the car, but the new owner took it to Dubai for registration, it failed. But only because "rear wheels too wide" lol :grin: (18x10 -8 offset :!: )
so once the wheels were fixed (I removed the spacers), the car passed :wink:

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 11 Feb 2014, 2:42 am

*phew* good to know...im next in line to register..