Advice on New Honda

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
tas
UB Junior Member

Post by tas » 03 Aug 2014, 6:17 pm

HI!
I would really appreciate your advice on the following. it would make it much easier for me to make a decision after considering what You guys have to say!

During Ramadan i intended to buy a Honda Accord - The car was on offer for AED 86,900. Since I am new to the country, i couldnt sort my bank financing out on time and the dealer was unwilling to wait. They have since said that the 2014 accord is completely sold out. One option is for me to wait for 2015 model to release, but I am afraid it may be considerably more expensive. The guys at Honda arent giving anything away as far as pricing is concerned. The other option in front of me now is to opt for the Civic. The 2014 civic is now being discounted - mid range model @ 74000. But the 2015 civic is also going to be launched soon and I am not certain but I have read online that Honda are giving the 2015 civic a new engine, which could make a big difference Vs the current model.

What I need your advice on is -

1.) How does the Civic and Accord compare product wise ? Is there a huge difference in terms of quality, resale and running/servicing costs?

2.) is it worth waiting for the 2015 model accord ? What are the chances that It would be considerably more expensive than AED 86900 ? (the price they sold the 2014 stock at). Is the new model expected to be much different ?

3). Should I grab the 2014 civic while its been discounted or should I risk missing out and wait for the 2015 model to release? What could be the expected price for the 2015 model as compared to the current one. I.e. any idea how much Honda usually increases the price by ? is the new model expected to be much different ?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Thanks in advance