Exhaust on Mustang

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Captain_T
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mustang - Cherokee

Post by Captain_T » 18 Oct 2015, 2:42 am

Hii guys, I know this blog from long long time, i know sameer also, but recently i have joined, i am looking for an answer and you all pro guys here can guide me to the right direction,

So its about the exhaust of Ford Mustang V6... I want to swap the stock to FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER AXLE-BACK EXHAUST.

Sound comparison: http://youtu.be/9jONNlCax-A

Now what abt cops?? Thats my real question. Btw i have seen a lot of mistangs thundering around and nobody seems to care.

Guys you are Pro in this all, so pls guide me, shall i swap? Is it safe??

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 18 Oct 2015, 12:20 pm

That does sound like something that could get you in trouble. You can go ahead with the swap but if you do ever get caught, there's no 'talking over it' with the cops. You cannot reason with them over a loud exhaust system whatsoever. It will get you a 30-day impound ticket straight up and as we all know it's either impound or AED 3,000 cash to compensate for it - I'm guessing this system costs just as much?

Captain_T
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mustang - Cherokee

Post by Captain_T » 18 Oct 2015, 6:22 pm

Sam wrote:That does sound like something that could get you in trouble. You can go ahead with the swap but if you do ever get caught, there's no 'talking over it' with the cops. You cannot reason with them over a loud exhaust system whatsoever. It will get you a 30-day impound ticket straight up and as we all know it's either impound or AED 3,000 cash to compensate for it - I'm guessing this system costs just as much?
Thanks Sam, this car is imported from Canada and still on Customs papers i want to fix the exhaust and will quote at tasjeel that it came as it is from Canada... Lets see what will happen :P

The exhaust system is 1600 Dhs... And then there is shipping... Due to size it will be max up to AED 2500.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Oct 2015, 6:48 pm

Registering the car with the exhaust installed might not be as much of a problem but you'll still have to careful all the time later on.

Sy.
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Sy. » 25 Oct 2015, 3:43 pm

Can you get the RTA to give some sort of paper to say it was approved by them ? or do you have to go to the special department for them to test ?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 25 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm

Sy. wrote:Can you get the RTA to give some sort of paper to say it was approved by them ? or do you have to go to the special department for them to test ?
You can only get that sort of a letter if you order & install your parts through the dealership.

Sy.
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Sy. » 25 Oct 2015, 5:03 pm

Alpha wrote:
Sy. wrote:Can you get the RTA to give some sort of paper to say it was approved by them ? or do you have to go to the special department for them to test ?
You can only get that sort of a letter if you order & install your parts through the dealership.
ahh ok thanks !! Good to know , thanks.