Ordering Stuff from Internet - Help Required

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 30 Jun 2006, 10:37 pm

I wanted to ask that if I want to order a bodykit or any other automotive part from UK USA or any other Western country then when it arrives to UAE do I have to clear it from Dubai Customs department. I f yes the what will be the procedure.

Al Baloushi
UB Junior Member

Post by Al Baloushi » 01 Jul 2006, 12:02 am

Hey irfankaisar from what i know is that what ever you ordered from out side to UAE you will be charged 5% (price of the product) of Customs duty on that product.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Jul 2006, 8:24 am

Not all the times, but yes that is the procedure.

Besides that, as long as it is not illegal, it will just pass without a problem. Illegal things are weapons and drugs and such.. body kits or w/e poses no problem.

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 01 Jul 2006, 1:46 pm

Thanks Balushi and mikeh for replies. Ok so here is scenario. Suppose I saw a body kit on ebay.com which I liked and then ordered it. I gave him my personal address for shipping. Will the body kit arrive straight to my home or it will be stopped at Dubai Customs. If it is stopped at Dubai Customs then what would be the next steps that I should follow. And one more thing if the price of bodykit is 600 USD approximately then how much will be the custom duty.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 01 Jul 2006, 2:59 pm

If possible, have it shipped through a courier service, such as fedex or dhl. Why, for the simple reason that UAE doesn’t have addresses (from a post perspective), yet only PO Boxes..

Therefor, if possible.. pay a bit extra for fedex or such.. it’s worth the extra 50 dirhams or something. If the 5% applies, that would be 30 dollars then or 100-ish dirhams. (Thos math classes didn’t go to waste)…

Which body kit did you order?

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 01 Jul 2006, 11:09 pm

I didn't ordered it yet but I'm planning to order the AROSTE FULL BODY KIT by Street Concept for my Lexus GS300 1996 American Specs. I would be happy if I get any advices or suggestions about this body kit.

Jin
UB Senior Member

Post by Jin » 02 Jul 2006, 3:20 am

Street concept body kit never heard of tht before!!
can u post some pics!!!!!
i have seen nearly all th bodykits on GS300 since Aristo
is my dream machine!!!

Jin :?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 02 Jul 2006, 9:36 am

looks good to me :)

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 02 Jul 2006, 12:53 pm

Yep. That's the one jin which is posted by mikeh. Thanks mikeh for the pic and reply.

Jin
UB Senior Member

Post by Jin » 02 Jul 2006, 10:54 pm

sorry bro my mistake actually i mixed it up with
1997 n up model bt urs is 1996!!!!!!
good choice bro!!
sideskirts nt tht satisfyin bt good enough!!!

Jin :o

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 02 Jul 2006, 10:58 pm

irfankaisar wrote:Yep. That's the one jin which is posted by mikeh. Thanks mikeh for the pic and reply.
it looks good, but the car that I posted needs a lowering job.. and then I think that the body kit will be dangerously low to the ground..

I mean, we all know how UAE roads look like..

For Customs, i double checked today, there's no problem at all. Depending on how clever the seller is, maybe you don't even have to pay the taxes.

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 02 Jul 2006, 11:44 pm

mikeh wrote:
irfankaisar wrote:Yep. That's the one jin which is posted by mikeh. Thanks mikeh for the pic and reply.
it looks good, but the car that I posted needs a lowering job.. and then I think that the body kit will be dangerously low to the ground..

I mean, we all know how UAE roads look like..

For Customs, i double checked today, there's no problem at all. Depending on how clever the seller is, maybe you don't even have to pay the taxes.
Mikeh can you explain to me that last line lil bit more. And also can you tell me that what will I have to do when it arrives at Dubai Customs and
Ports i.e what documents do I need and what steps should be followed.

:idea: BTW Have any of you huys ordered stuff from outside Just a question

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 04 Jul 2006, 8:13 pm

irfankaisar
UB Junior Member

Post by irfankaisar » 04 Jul 2006, 8:16 pm

Nothing I was just trying to post pics on the forum coz I havent uploaded any pics yet and this is my first one.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 04 Jul 2006, 10:55 pm

And it's a nice picture (Y) !!!

I usually order stuff from outside, for myself and my friends. For my headers, the description said "dump test pipe for diesel trucks, demo use only". And nothing had to be paid extra.

If you let it come over a courier, they will do all of it. If you use empost, you might have to pick it up there in the emirates post office.

And that's it.