UAQ/RAK Registration Issues

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 16 Oct 2006, 12:31 pm

kartoos100 wrote:He couldn't get the insurance transferred cos the insurance company didnt agree.
Well thats what I meant. IF the insurance company doesn't agree on transferring the insurance to the new owner, and hence he decides not to transfer the ownership for a few months just to take benefit of the insurance, it would exactly be the same situation as with buying a jap import and keeping it on someone else's name, but, forever!

hiroshima666
UB Junior Member

Post by hiroshima666 » 16 Oct 2006, 1:31 pm

i dont thinkso insurance will be a problem.......

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 17 Oct 2006, 1:22 am

hiroshima666 wrote:i dont thinkso insurance will be a problem.......
Can I have any evidence supporting that? How do you know the insurance won't be a problem? especially for cars that are 10 years old in the first place, and then they're converted (always have a possibility of many other problems) etc.

hiroshima666
UB Junior Member

Post by hiroshima666 » 17 Oct 2006, 11:40 am

now stop arguing wid me like a kid abt it......Sorrry u knw better ......i did a mistake...........i informed u ......

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 17 Oct 2006, 3:10 pm

Well, as stated in another thread, getting insurance for those jap imports is difficult.

So, I think asking for insurance for a 10+ year old car, registered in another emirate, in some others' name, which was converted for 1000 dhs from RHD to LHD in some dodgy garage, .... yeah yeah.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 17 Oct 2006, 6:41 pm

mikeh wrote:So, I think asking for insurance for a 10+ year old car, registered in another emirate, in some others' name, which was converted for 1000 dhs from RHD to LHD in some dodgy garage, .... yeah yeah.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not that its easy buying those jap imports and getting things done the way you want. There are problems, if you can deal with them, sure go for it. If you can't, get the latest Corolla and enjoy life. :)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 18 Oct 2006, 1:45 am

Sam wrote:If you can't, get the latest Corolla and enjoy life. :)
you are right at the end (Y) ...

tc

PS- but I still did not understood why was I banned 2wice :? ... I made mistake :$ but never got chance to explain wht went wrong :( ... however... hope am not goin to get banned for 3rd time on same issue :arrow: ...

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 18 Oct 2006, 8:08 am

masabgt wrote:PS- but I still did not understood why was I banned 2wice :? ... I made mistake :$ but never got chance to explain wht went wrong :( ... however... hope am not goin to get banned for 3rd time on same issue :arrow: ...
Check your previous posts. A reason is always supplied in the topic.

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 04 Feb 2007, 2:14 pm

i knw its a dead thread....

but was wondering how safe it is to drive a car on the transfer certificate... ?

coz i am planning to buy this r33 gts-t registration is valid for almost a year.... the seller is already driving it on a tranfer certificate... and he says he will make one out on my name..... is this procedure run of the mill ??? can things go wrong ??? i wouldnt wanna invest so much and then be running after the guy if some problem arises suddenly.....

do youguys know anyone who owns a car like that ???

Cheerz!

Zaq!!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Feb 2007, 3:05 pm

zaq wrote:but was wondering how safe it is to drive a car on the transfer certificate... ?

coz i am planning to buy this r33 gts-t registration is valid for almost a year.... the seller is already driving it on a tranfer certificate... and he says he will make one out on my name..... is this procedure run of the mill ??? can things go wrong ??? i wouldnt wanna invest so much and then be running after the guy if some problem arises suddenly.....
The Transfer Certificate you'll make on your first purchase of the car from its current owner will only be valid for one year. At the end of the year, when the car's registration will lapse, the current owner of the car might bother with registration renewal issues again. You have two ways to solve this problem:

- the current owner MUST agree to keep the vehicle registered on his name, while you keep renewing the Transfer Certificate (Mubaya) each year.

- since the registration period is valid for an year, you might consider transferring the car on someone else who's eligible to do it rather than keeping it on its current owner's name and being troubled by him each year as the validity of the Certificate expires.

Since the current owner is ALSO driving the car on a Transfer Certificate, As and when you acquire the new Certificate that will be on your name, you will be directly related to the "initial" owner of the vehicle, i.e. the person who registered the car first. Your registration card, insurance papers etc. will also state his name and not yours.

It is always recommended that if you are facing problems registering the vehicle, let it be on the current owner's name who is also "trustworthy". After the registration expires, the vehicle will be legally under the previous owner's name again unless and until the renewed Certificate (Mubaya) is made. This can cause serious problems for you if the seller is NOT trustworthy (how would you know if you would still be able to renew the Certificate next year?)
do youguys know anyone who owns a car like that ???
I do. He does, he too and so does he.

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 04 Feb 2007, 4:02 pm

Thanks for the reply Sam.
After the registration expires, the vehicle will be legally under the previous owner's name again unless and until the renewed Certificate (Mubaya) is made. This can cause serious problems for you if the seller is NOT trustworthy (how would you know if you would still be able to renew the Certificate next year?)
this is the exact problem i am facing... i mean i can go ahead and make the mubaya... and then maybe i'll end up just having the car for the durantion of the Mulkiya... after that then i have the headache of dealing with the previous owner who, frankly, i do not know! even the seller is not well known to me..... im just TORN! i just dun wanna risk all my money just like that.... but the car.... is SUPER!

:( Wht do i do ?!??!??!?!

Apart from thati do not even know anyone from UAQ who would be willing to re-register it on his name ! so that Option is also not an Option for me!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Feb 2007, 4:42 pm

zaq wrote:Thanks for the reply Sam.

this is the exact problem i am facing... i mean i can go ahead and make the mubaya... and then maybe i'll end up just having the car for the durantion of the Mulkiya... after that then i have the headache of dealing with the previous owner who, frankly, i do not know! even the seller is not well known to me..... im just TORN! i just dun wanna risk all my money just like that.... but the car.... is SUPER!
I have no solution to the problem. If you trust the person, you'll have a good deal, else, you must know someone you trust who may be willing to transfer the car on his/her name after the current registration period expires. We have had such problems in the past (specifically with the cars that we bought at throwaway prices) But its not "always" an issue. Have someone who can clear out all these matters with the seller and have it in writing on the Certificate.

- clear out issues regarding the price and/or any payments in installments you may have agreed upon (since its the most common reason for sellers to bother you regarding Certificate issues)

- make sure you both agree on the current insurance premiums (transfers and non-transfers)

- make it clear whom you are supposed to deal with after the current registration period expires (seller or the initial owner)

- make it clear if the seller will want the registration to be transferred on to someone else as soon as the registration expires

- keep a record of the seller's and initial owner's contact numbers, if possible

- make the Certificate in Arabic and English and make sure you clearly understand and are completely satisfied with the agreements

- keep the Certificate with you "all the time" since its the only evidence of your payments and ownership of the car. It will be the only document that will prove you as the owner of the car.

You should be on the safe side as long as you & the seller clear out (& agree on) all these matters.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 04 Feb 2007, 5:18 pm

Not to make you feel bad, and bring the entire UAE F&F people down, but the police is stopping every other supra, evo, skyline, in Dubai.

And yeah sure, you have an RAK or UAQ numberplate, Dubai cares about the loudness of the neighbor hoods.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Feb 2007, 8:27 pm

mikeh wrote:And yeah sure, you have an RAK or UAQ numberplate, Dubai cares about the loudness of the neighbor hoods.
Most often, the cops only stop cars that are loud, not because of any registration issues. As long as you have a decent exhaust (which is also not-so-loud), you're gonna do good, whether the car is a supra, evo, skyline or whatever.

back on topic.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 04 Feb 2007, 10:51 pm

Strange how they don't stop GT3's and such..