UAQ/RAK Registration Issues

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 10 Feb 2007, 8:40 am

guys my skyline passing is going to finish on 23 of this one ....so i dont knw will they pass or i have to give to scarap. :? :? :? tell me what do u think

dystopiangod
UB Junior Member

Post by dystopiangod » 10 Feb 2007, 11:46 am

People who tell you "Be happy the gov gave u this or that".. Mab these ppl only ADD to the problem.

How the hell is the gov gonna know that the ppl are not happy with their laws if they are always acting happy abt other stuff.

Abdullah, dude, i can only hope that they pass ur skyline...if not, then u can join this thread and be a dedicated member :p

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 10 Feb 2007, 1:37 pm

abdullah wrote:guys my skyline passing is going to finish on 23 of this one ....so i dont knw will they pass or i have to give to scarap. :? :? :? tell me what do u think
If it's still completely stock, left-hand drive and you hold a copy of the registration card of the initial owner, you'll be fine.

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 10 Feb 2007, 1:44 pm

dystopiangod wrote:Abdullah, dude, i can only hope that they pass ur skyline...if not, then u can join this thread and be a dedicated member :p
hahahahaha
dun worry bro they will pass it..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 11 Feb 2007, 9:52 am

Well, I know actually of 2 members here in UAEBoost alreadt who have project cars, and i'm not even talking about soarerT04. Yes, you can say that this is 2 people out of 700, well, let's not lie to ourselves and realise that this site does have 700 members. I guess it's more of a 20 or 30 active members.

So, that would be 1 out of 10.

A project car, it doesn't has to be expensive. Let's say you want to go for autoX. Get:

- a cheap civic hatchback 6000dhs
- strip it out: 0dhs
- b16 / b18 engine : 3000 dhs
- suspension: 1500 dhs

Let's throw in another 4500 dhs for labor and stuff, and you'll be reaching 15k. And a car like this, rapes the omani TT soarer on the track, over and over again. You even get to make the evo guys sweaty.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 04 Mar 2007, 1:15 pm

man u guys think ur having a tough time? I wish you all would come to qatar and check out whats happening over here. 1st of all no modded cars allowed period!!! i got fined on the weekend for having a intake in my car!!! :S ....i have neva seen a right hand drive car in qatar....v dont got any of these cars that you all have. And still you guys complain....lool..i dont no guys but u guys have it much easier then v do....and plus any of the modded cars in qatar all come 4rm UAE...that includes my car!!!....

and mikeh this thing u said about the civic hatchback. Do you actualy think that the car gots that much potential to even make the evos sweat? If that is true i wouldnt mind takin that up and buying one when i come 2 dubia next week...gimme detials bro..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 04 Mar 2007, 2:13 pm

Tamu wrote:and mikeh this thing u said about the civic hatchback. Do you actualy think that the car gots that much potential to even make the evos sweat? If that is true i wouldnt mind takin that up and buying one when i come 2 dubia next week...gimme detials bro..
It has so many if-factors. The civic is a good platform, but seeing the drivetrain and such, it will always have limitations. So, it *can* beat evo's, but then of course the boost heads step in, and prove otherwise.

Few days ago at the red-line challenge, some civic's performed better than other evo's. Of course, you have differences in autoX, tracks, drag strips, ...

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 06 Jun 2007, 10:42 am

guys
dont get me wrong & think Im going off topic.
Im new in this country & I've seen u guys r living here 4 a long time even some were born here , so Im not much familiar with rules here.
any way 2 make short story , I know local guys here in AD who are willing
2 buy rak/uaq cars since I can't & then after its registered here in AD , I'll
buy them back from them , to be registered by my name!!!!
do you guys think this is feasible & doable ???
or is it just a bozo act
( Im not sure if those guys have WASTA or not , but I think not )

does any body know about these methods??
advice plz :?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 06 Jun 2007, 2:26 pm

stone-head wrote:any way 2 make short story , I know local guys here in AD who are willing 2 buy rak/uaq cars since I can't & then after its registered here in AD , I'll buy them back from them , to be registered by my name!!!!
do you guys think this is feasible & doable ???
That is absolutely doable. However, I doubt that they will be able to transfer OR re-register the UAQ/RAK LHD-converted cars in AD. As far as I have tried doing that before, it should be a tough job to get that done, especially in Abu Dhabi.

However, if you are still able to register the cars in AD, the registration can be transferred to any citizen holding a valid AD Residence Visa provided that registration & insurance premiums will have to be paid by the new registrant. Whereby, if you and your friend agree to keep the car on his name until the insurance expires, you may save a great deal of money there. Otherwise, its all clean anyway.

Best of luck :)

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 12 Jun 2007, 2:13 pm

yo sam
is this really a HAPPY news or what?? :D
http://uaesm.maktoob.com/up/uploads/67e764af10.jpg

cause I surfed police web site but didnt find it !!! :?
it says u can register ur MODIFIED car in AD as long as it will pass ADNOC test,
do u know much about that?

cheers (Y)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 14 Jun 2007, 10:57 am

stone-head wrote:it says u can register ur MODIFIED car in AD as long as it will pass ADNOC test,
do u know much about that?
Let me confirm if it really is what I think it is :D

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 14 Jun 2007, 2:31 pm

hi
I found this in another forum
this memo is from HH minister of interior office GM
so I think its a good news but guys should be reasonable not to mis-use
this issue & be like dubai ( I think they used to permit such things but mis-use
lead to abandon )

well guys buckle up 8) (Y)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 14 Jun 2007, 2:34 pm

stone-head wrote: Image
so I think its a good news but guys should be reasonable not to mis-use
this issue & be like dubai ( I think they used to permit such things but mis-use
lead to abandon )
My Pulsar is reg'd in AUH :)
But I'm a decent driver, to be honest (except for on some Thursdays :D). Nothing to worry about.

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 16 Jan 2008, 10:00 am

hi guys small question,,,,i bought my starlet from my friend who got it from some local...the mubaya is still on his name as i dint have time to get this done yet....now as prviously mentioned by someone if i have to go to dubai courts and have mubaya done on my name,...do i need the previous local owner as well or is my friend enough,....secondly my registration and insurance for the car expires in may its UAQ registration......if i find another local to register the car on his name do i need the prvious local owner to accompany me or if i and the new local guy go is it enough......and one more thing...do they still register the car for 3 years i think the previous registration was for 3 years...............oo ya and if i cant go can i send my bf with the new local guy to get the car registered...or is it compulsory for me to be there???

i know i got alot of questions....so i would really appreciate it if youl could help me out.... :)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 16 Jan 2008, 11:00 am

nuttyprincess wrote:....now as prviously mentioned by someone if i have to go to dubai courts and have mubaya done on my name,...do i need the previous local owner as well or is my friend enough,....
If the Mubaya is still on the initial owner (local's) name, you will need to contact him and he must be present while transferring the ownership on your name - his signatures are most important.
secondly my registration and insurance for the car expires in may its UAQ registration......if i find another local to register the car on his name do i need the prvious local owner to accompany me or if i and the new local guy go is it enough......
Again, if the Mubaya is on the initial owner's name prior to when you want to transfer the ownership to the new person, you as the present owner are no where in the business. Initial owner and new guy will deal with everything. Later, you as the present owner and the new guy will have a new agreement from the Courts done. That's two separate procedures.

If the Mubaya is already on your name prior to when you want to transfer the ownership to the new person - I have no information regarding this procedure.
and one more thing...do they still register the car for 3 years i think the previous registration was for 3 years......
Not sure about UAQ. AUH still does it for an year only.
.........oo ya and if i cant go can i send my bf with the new local guy to get the car registered...or is it compulsory for me to be there???
...then your bf will finally get to own the car, legally, while you will be paying for that to happen unintentionally :) As long as he can replicate your signature and will have your driving license copy, you don't need to go anywhere :D

Jokes aside: they demand the real owner to be present at the time of transfer - for signatures and visual ID. Nutty Princess cannot be a guy. :)