So I just got busted today...

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 11 Oct 2006, 9:45 pm

Yep... I was on my way to work this morning when I got pulled over in sharjah by a siren-happy cop... upon pulling over and walking up to him, he tried to scare me with his ticket-book... Anyhow, he got out and took a look at my rear, and asked me to rev my engine which i did... he asked me to rev it until the redline which i hesitantly did and said that the problem was my beloved Borla exhaust, while there he also happened to notice my blacked-out tail lights. damn. Anyways he gave me some crap about how he's had my plate number listed down in his car and has been looking for me for a week now. he said i need to get rid of my exhaust and my smoked tails... now i don't care about my smoked tails, but my Borla is not something i ordered all the way from the states just to freakin' hang on my wall as an ornament. I get the feeling that what drew2 attention to me was me flooring my car... I was about at WOT when i noticed him behind me so not good.

anyhow sorry bout the rant, but my question is this...

I am Dubai-registered. Do sharjah cops have the right to bust me and write me a ticket or confiscate my car for smoked tails and an exhaust?

the smoked tailights appear dark, but the indicators and brake-lights are visible when lit... and any suggestions about what i can do to reduce my exhaust's volume without chopping any part of it off?

do you guys think i should just ignore this cop, or should I as cartman would say, "respect his athoritah!" and listen to him?

He didn't write me a ticket or take my registration and licence, but told me he'd be on a look out for me and that I have one week to make the changes.

I would really appreciate some advice, as i had big plans on modding my car further but if this is how it's going to be everytime i buy and install a mod then screw it.

Again, sorry for long post but i know there are quiet a few knowledgable members here and could use some advice. thanks alot guys.

tezka64
UB Dedicated Member

Post by tezka64 » 11 Oct 2006, 10:25 pm

shit, dude, i'm sorry to hear that! :|
do you have to pay a fine?
when you had your car registered in dubai, were the results okay?

jarrah
UB Advanced Member

Post by jarrah » 11 Oct 2006, 11:06 pm

no bro ignore him if its sharjah police and he cant do anythin man

oversteer
UB Junior Member

Post by oversteer » 11 Oct 2006, 11:24 pm

if i were you i would just try not to be on his way again

fortunately he was a nice person that he only warn you

anyway if u r cauth again most probably u will have to pay

but if u wont :)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 12 Oct 2006, 12:51 am

about the exhaust , i know there is a silent(don't know what the extactly name ) can fit into the muffler !! just not sure it can be fit in yours !!

in fact , i have the same problem , i exchange my muffler to another member who has a car same as mine and it is a auto gear !!

and the reason is even it is the same muffler , auto is much more quiet !!

call me if you want to check for the silent !!

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 12 Oct 2006, 1:20 am

yo sparky......if u want to make it a lil less louder make sure u have ur resonator in, thats if u don't have it already done
check NT.com they have some shit on this
hope that helps u
as regarding ur tails, no big shit on that dude

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 12 Oct 2006, 1:51 am

Actually i was stopped my the cops once in shj ...
when i had my old car (Epica) and i had the tail lights tinted
the cop stopped me but didnt say nethin to me concerning the tint on my rear lights

i was actually stopped for speeding .. but got off wid jus a warning

neway i dont think the cops will do nethin .. jus keep away from them
:wink:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 12 Oct 2006, 3:39 am

Sparky wrote:I am Dubai-registered. Do sharjah cops have the right to bust me and write me a ticket or confiscate my car for smoked tails and an exhaust?

the smoked tailights appear dark, but the indicators and brake-lights are visible when lit... and any suggestions about what i can do to reduce my exhaust's volume without chopping any part of it off?
Yes, Sharjah cops do have the right to fine you if you're found roaming around anywhere in Sharjah even though your car may be Dubai-registered. I never heard the cops catching for blacked out tail lights but about the muffler, definately a yes! Like everyone else, you were really lucky to get through that cop without a fine. They usually impound the car nonetheless.

I would suggest you to leave the tail lights as it is but lower the sound of your mufflers. You can get "exhaust silencers" customly made matching the diameter of your exhausts in Sharjah. I'm sorry but I don't know of any specific shops that does so. Or, the least, stay out of Sharjah... trust me. :?
do you guys think i should just ignore this cop, or should I as cartman would say, "respect his athoritah!" and listen to him?

He didn't write me a ticket or take my registration and licence, but told me he'd be on a look out for me and that I have one week to make the changes.
Don't worry about the week-time-period. It'ss just a formality they fulfil by saying that. Either stay out of Sharjah for a long time or use the "silencers" in your exhausts to lower down the sound and live happily ever after. :)

Moheem
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Moheem » 12 Oct 2006, 6:00 am

Wow Sparky... pretty scary huh?...dude if u daily route is to sharjah... then u better get that silencer ASAP!...4get abt the taillights...jus get done wid da silencer....tc!!

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 12 Oct 2006, 7:36 am

unfortuneately i think Sparky has to take a route to Sharjah everyday :?

I would actually get rid of the Smoked lights as well.

Next time the cop sees you, even if he doesnt hear your exhaust he is going to stop you! - and he will TRY and fine you!

Hence, if he cant fine you for your exhaust, he may try and fine you for the lights - just to show off his siniority!

.....hmm - maybe just drive slowly and ignore all cops???? :idea:

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 12 Oct 2006, 9:33 am

Hey dude,

As i said on the phone, I don't know if shj police can do that much do you. Otherwise I find it strange that there are UAQ and RAK cars with oversized exhaust roaming around sharjah, dubai, ... without a problem.

Maybe, as Sam said, get some silencers in.. you can always take them out at the track.. and it would get things more quiet, and get your low end a bit back :)

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 12 Oct 2006, 10:21 am

hey guys, thanks a lot for all your awesome and supportive feedback... i've decided to do exactly what some of you suggested... get some custom silencer inserts made and perhaps ignore the tail light remark he made.

I guess it's mainly the exhaust that got his attention.

Anyone have any clue about the custom silencers and where i can get good ones made? anyhow i'll do a bit of a search in sharjah as well later on tonight. thanks for the suggestion Sam. (Y)

Thanks again, guys! :)

Kkil: I haven't done anything other than install the Borla cat-back. The guys at NT say the Borla is the least loudest exhaust.

Mikeh: i know what you mean... it dosn't make sense. i think those cops were just in a bad mood. anyhow thanks for advising me yesterday. ;)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 12 Oct 2006, 12:34 pm

Sparky wrote:I guess it's mainly the exhaust that got his attention.
And the sexy shape of your tib. :) You should have bought an ugly car :P

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 12 Oct 2006, 2:11 pm

mikeh wrote:
You should have bought an ugly car :P
u mean a honda?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 12 Oct 2006, 2:45 pm

KkiL wrote:
mikeh wrote:
You should have bought an ugly car :P
u mean a honda?
efff... Dangerous territory :)