any hostility to canadians???

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
canuck
UB Junior Member

Post by canuck » 27 Nov 2006, 12:47 am

hey guys i was just wondering if there is any hostility towards canadians i know this is an odd question but i am really interested in coming out there and i just want to know i am also wondering if there is anyone interested in being a contact for our company A. Automotive we are a well known company in alberta canada we are responsible for some of the nicest cars out here. we are lookin to start importing cars from uae and surrounding area. i need someone that can show me the ropes while im out there as well as ongoing support in finding fit autos for export. if there is anyone interested please pm me this will be a profitable venture for all!!!!

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 27 Nov 2006, 1:02 pm

Hey canuck !!! there's no such thing as hostility here in Dubai !! as long as ur comming in legal paers then there wont be any problems ... my girlfriend came here last October and she has a canadian passport .. she juz gave her passport and they stamp it right away .. !! as for ur plans about importing cars here .. well it depends .. what kind of car's u gonna be importing .. most used cars here came from Japan and Europe .. am familiar too of what kind of cars are there in alberta .. yeah ur right .. they are nice .. if u have legal papers on used cars that u gonna be importing then there wont be any problem .. but first .. u have to check this place (Dubai) first before planning ...

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 27 Nov 2006, 1:46 pm

Any hostility to canadians..

We're not america or something.. :D

canuck
UB Junior Member

Post by canuck » 27 Nov 2006, 6:34 pm

awesome thanks for the replies guys. now as for the types of cars skylines lhd if not rhd , supras, bmw, mercedes, ferrari, and others i am also looking for a place to find japanese motors i heard that shajah (i think) industrial area is a good place to look is that near dubai. is there an abundance of the fine cars there? whos is doing the lhd skyline conversions i heard it was the nissan dealers is that true?

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 27 Nov 2006, 9:03 pm

canuck wrote:i am also looking for a place to find japanese motors i heard that shajah (i think) industrial area is a good place to look is that near dubai. is there an abundance of the fine cars there? whos is doing the lhd skyline conversions i heard it was the nissan dealers is that true?
You can purchase cars directly after they're shipped and unloaded at Al Aweer Used Cars Complex, located closer than Sharjah Industrial Area.

LHD conversions for most Jap imports are done by specialized workshops and not by the dealers themselves.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 28 Nov 2006, 10:22 am

Yup !! Al Aweer is da place to be when it comes to imported used cars ... LHD's, RHD's name it .... there are also some shops in Al Aweer who do conversions and also Ajman adn Rashidiya ... about engines, front cuts Sharjah is one of the good place

Moneyman
UB Junior Member

Post by Moneyman » 29 Nov 2006, 8:39 am

We currently exported few LHD cars to Canada, and that includes ferrari and skylines.

All the cars from UAE are heading out to Pakistan.

canuck
UB Junior Member

Post by canuck » 29 Nov 2006, 9:27 am

hey moneyman what do you mean they are all going to pakistan like all of them

Moneyman
UB Junior Member

Post by Moneyman » 29 Nov 2006, 11:19 am

No, most cars are being exported to Pakistan as they have also started admissability there with much lower duty and conditions etc.

RHD cars and converted LHD cars have very limited success in the UAE as they are phasing out all RHD cars on public roads.

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 29 Nov 2006, 11:25 pm

hey,
we did import a few cars from dubai in the past ... i have a lhd skyline in canada ( u prolly seen me on GTRC ) ... if u need help in importing from dubai or something add me on msn Arhamz@gmail.com
-Arhamz

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 30 Nov 2006, 12:34 am

i wanna bring a R33 too when i go back to canada next year !! hehehe

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 30 Nov 2006, 3:42 am

good luck ... hopefully u dont get caught bringing in an illegal ...

canuck
UB Junior Member

Post by canuck » 30 Nov 2006, 6:11 am

thanks i think...lol yeah me too shit !
was it difficult to bring in
did they give you problems cause of the lhd or no
what about registation
did anyone hassle you cause of the lhd conversion

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 01 Dec 2006, 11:12 pm

just have to prove that conversion was done in 15 years ago :) ... cuz newer then that is considered Illegal ... there argument is that its a major modification to the car and the car is considered new after that ...
-arhamz