HELP NEEDED:BASIC RULES OF MODIFYING A CAR IN DUBAI

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
juned_786
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:1992 Tercel Coupe

Post by juned_786 » 19 Jan 2007, 1:46 pm

and one more thing

people should concertrate on the topic :@ rather than ...

interogating other people :)

studboy_441
UB Senior Member

Post by studboy_441 » 19 Jan 2007, 4:50 pm

juned_786 wrote:and one more thing

people should concertrate on the topic :@ rather than ...

interogating other people :)
no one was interogating...we all were just curious.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 19 Jan 2007, 5:10 pm

Please read forum rules:
Keep Threads on Topic
Keep on topic. Getting off-topic, spamming etc, will not be tolerated and you will be subject to a full ban without any warning or notice issued.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 21 Jan 2007, 2:24 pm

And the topic died.

One golden rule, modding is not allowed, especially exhaust wise. It was in the law, it is in the law, it will be in the law.

The guys catching you will now be RTA instead of the Police, and then again. They work together.

So all rumours about that it's allowed, I doubt it.

Get on with life.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 15 Feb 2007, 5:59 pm

Hey guys! tryng to give electric shock to this topics heart so that it starts agian. :wink:

However, check this announcement by RTA in todays Gulf News Business section... Where does this lead us to??? :|
O GOD! where are you...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 15 Feb 2007, 6:56 pm

It means the following:
mikeh wrote:One golden rule, modding is not allowed, especially exhaust wise. It was in the law, it is in the law, it will be in the law.
And:
mikeh wrote:whatever printouts you guys think the police give, bs, it is illegal now.

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 15 Feb 2007, 7:02 pm

do i need to translate?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 15 Feb 2007, 7:43 pm

Nismo wrote:do i need to translate?
That document got disapproved soon after they actually approved it :? Thanks to the illiterate population of this country that couldn't understand and make use of the policy positively. Mamzar was on fire, Warqa got crazy and more than anyone else, the people started behaving in a manner that could have been better if they implemented the rule in a more decent way.

Right now, we all aren't very sure of what exactly the government wants of us.

"RTA warns workshops not receive any vehicle for changing of color..."
We, anyway, cannot change color of our vehicle without permissions from the CID where they investigate the vehicle for any outstanding fines and illegal cases.

"...body or any major part thereof..."
That would be a decent call to keep the bodykit-freaks population under control that also take advantage of it by taking illegal actions and later making changes to the vehicle's body.

"...or even adding any part to the engine..."
Doesn't need any explanation. We've been doing it ever since. Some of us don't even need a workshop to do that!

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 15 Feb 2007, 11:56 pm

so no body work now ???no engine work ?? :roll: :roll:
this is getting worst everyday.....and every minute in their MINDS (Y)

SD -

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 16 Feb 2007, 12:12 am

eaxctly that document got dissaproved .... and as far as this new traffic department is concernd they havnt come up wid anything new ... as sam said colour change system was always the same .. u need to get a paper from maroor ... body kit well dats all crap no onez gono say a word to u ... and warnin garages that was there ever since ... almost every garage has got fine so its nutthin new .. i rememba when i use to work in hawayat al sharab there things happend every other week .. all we use to do was shut off the garage and go away ... we use to communicate with each other u know if sumonez come to check my garage i would call the next garage ... as is said country is got no rules lol whenever they honk they hunt US!

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 17 Feb 2007, 9:38 pm

Sam wrote:if they implemented the rule in a more decent way.
could you elaborate?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 17 Feb 2007, 11:14 pm

mikeh wrote:
Sam wrote:if they implemented the rule in a more decent way.
could you elaborate?
Tune your cars, behave decently on public roads, drive safe, take it to the tracks,
enjoy the sport, enjoy life.

The rule clearly permitted for aftermarket products on -any- vehicle, on just one condition
- decent behavior. From what happened at famous spots like Mamzar soon after the rule was announced, it seemed the people were no better than before.

They gave us all a chance... some of us just screwed it up.

back on topic.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Feb 2007, 8:31 am

Thanks bro (Y)
Sam wrote:back on topic.
I guess the topic is kinda done.

Basic rules of modding a car: none, not allowed. That's the basic rule.

aecoss
UB Junior Member

Post by aecoss » 18 Feb 2007, 6:55 pm

I really really really hope that the RTA paper isnt true or is atleast like the "Free medical for emergency cases things" (where they kept changing the rules for 6 or 7 times until finally canceling it altogether...) From what little I know, you need Mulkiya (if that's what it's called) for a few things:

1.Two tone paint
2.Vinyls
3.Really Loud exhausts...apparently there is a scale but they dont really *know* how to implement it...So if it looks BIG, its out...
4.And as of mid 2006, changing the colour is a little more complicated as you need to tell them that ur changing it...and bring the car before and after, so they can put the change on file...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Feb 2007, 7:11 pm

aecoss wrote: 3.Really Loud exhausts...apparently there is a scale but they dont really *know* how to implement it...So if it looks BIG, its out...
They are forbidden, period.

oh, and emergency medical is free. A friend of mine fainted, she was brought to the hospital. She had to pay nothing.