Honda Info...

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 06 Mar 2007, 3:08 pm

thanks for the info accord98!!...well lets go over this...

what your saying is that a civic hatchback wid b18a engine could cost around 30-50,000dirhams...thats alot of cash....but i could understand y it would cost that much

the engine ur telling me about, the k20a for 4-6000dirhams, can you please give me more detials...is the tranny manual, is there mounting and eci harness etc included, cluthc and all that crap..??....what iv noticed from this post is every1 has fixed emotions on the k20a swap...some ppl say it can b done, its just a plug n play thing...some ppl say u have to buy the mounting kit from harpo....no1 actualy nos exactly whats goin on!! :( .....

anways i wouldnt mind putting in 10,000qr on my car..iv alraedy spent alot on it...there aint no point of selling it either cz da money il get 4it and adding another 10-20k will get me nothing better....iv looked at my options..i luv honda's ....point blank...

there is a guy here on uaeboost ..his name is abdul...hes got a 02' civic hatchback...he said there is 1 avialble for i think 40,000dirhams..not bad...but da prob is i cant bring it back 2 qatar...qatar has a sad law saying that u cant import a car 5years older then the current year...soo i guess that hatchback would b outa question....if i can find somthing like that hatchback il sell my car and buy that str8 away :D ....

as for my current engine...if got some good stuff going on...its a normal non vtec d17 or d15..not sure actualy......however i have put some stuff in the engine..iv got a simota intake (its awesome it has a flap that cums r8 to the front of the engine bay..), header 4-2-1, and a raizen grounding kit....if ne1 wana get a good response for there car i suggest you put the raizen grounding kit..it keeps the RPM's high and gives a great throttle response..nways da reason y m not gettin netin good 4rm my engine is bcoz its old now...got 165k on da miles....and its a AUTOOOOO :( ...

how bout if i just get a vti engine like accord said but put in a manual gear???...and put all my mods 4rm da engine back on the new engine???...i think that would work...but the vti civic cums with 4disk....shit guys i am confused i dont even no what i am talkin about nemore...HELP>>>>....

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 06 Mar 2007, 3:42 pm

the engine ur telling me about, the k20a for 4-6000dirhams, can you please give me more detials...is the tranny manual, is there mounting and eci harness etc included, cluthc and all that crap..??....what iv noticed from this post is every1 has fixed emotions on the k20a swap...some ppl say it can b done, its just a plug n play thing...some ppl say u have to buy the mounting kit from harpo....no1 actualy nos exactly whats goin on!! .....
Ok - lets get this cleared.... The K20 swap is NOT easy. You Will need special mounts that will cost u an extra 2000AED and you Will need a whole lot of extra parts to perform the swap.....

Look at http://www.civicforums.com / http://www.7thgencivic.com / http://www.superhonda.com -- any of these sites will tell u that the swap is hard

i cant give u more details on the engine cause thats something u can only find out from shops. the price i gave u is just an estimate
how bout if i just get a vti engine like accord said but put in a manual gear???...and put all my mods 4rm da engine back on the new engine???...i think that would work...but the vti civic cums with 4disk....shit guys i am confused i dont even no what i am talkin about nemore...HELP>>>>....
4 disks? - brake disks? - i dont think that will be an issue. The swap to the VTi engine will be alot more straightforward IMHO

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 06 Mar 2007, 3:55 pm

yaa accord98..i have checked out des forms..i am familiar with them....they have stated that it could be costly but they all say its str8 forward......

ok soo now lets try somthing else...where can i get this vti engine i think its a d17 rite???....will a d15 manual transmission work ....what cost am i looking at??...what about avialabilty???...any idea's?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 06 Mar 2007, 7:12 pm

Just a quicky, but it's true, an engine swap is not easy, will take time (see if you can afford having no car for a week+), and cost money.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 07 Mar 2007, 11:19 am

mikeh iv heard it could take longer...and yaa no doubt that its a long procedure...but what i was talkin about is the swap for the k20a into a G7 civic is str8 forward...not as many complications as there are in other engine swaps....

nways i guess i got the info i need...cant wait to come to dubia....wana see all of ur rides!! :) ....

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 07 Mar 2007, 3:28 pm

Tamu - i keep telling you this - it IS NOT a straight forward swap ...

i dont know where ur getting ur info from ? - have u seen the parts list that u would need to do the swap ?

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 07 Mar 2007, 7:09 pm

Mike, i think what he means is its straight forward providing you have ALL the parts required for the swap.

Tamu> Finding all the parts is NOT straight forward. if you find out part numbers, you can import it through Honda .. but its not an easy game. I have a JDM engine on my car, takes 14 days for Honda to get me down stuff for it. Its not easy. Most of these forums are US forums, over there if you have the $$$ u can find any part u wish. its not the same in this part of the world.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 15 Mar 2007, 3:06 pm

sorry guys havent got back 2 u ...well ya alberto i get what he is saying....but ne who!!!....i came 2 dubia from qatar on saturday..iv spent 1week here so far...u guuys have got nice cars...but der was 1 car tat realy caught my eye...iv seen it in uaeboost...i duno if u al have seen the pic wid da 3hatchbacks civic (red,blue and i think yellow).....i went nuts when i saw da blue one near my hotel...it was striped out 4rm da inside...n all i could see was da driver seat and a helmet!! :D ...looool...m sure its running either a b16 or 18...i wouldnt b surprised!!!!...i saw it near burjaman center on the bank street i gues!!!...whos da owner of da car???...ne1 gott idea;s about the car wots da engine running on it n wot mods r listed on it????....is der ne civics here 4 sale!!....need sum feedbak guys...i would luv 2 buy a civic hatchbak wid a b16 or preferably a b18....guys that blue hatchback realy inspired me...it was awesome MASHALLAH....

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 15 Mar 2007, 10:11 pm

if am not mistaken ur talkin about Hamdan's Blue EG ... it was formerly owned by a filipino ... that modded blue EG that u saw is running on a B18C .. i think he will be running again on friday for the Red Line Challenge ...

these 4 EG Hatch are running on B18c's ... that's da blue EG that u saw park near burjuman ... i think the yellow EG is for sale

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 17 Mar 2007, 4:30 pm

bros does ne1 no were i can get sum good supplies 4my honda...is there ne car accessory shops near buy..m stayin near burjaman center..if sum1 can help me out n show me sum stuff tat would b great....my number is 0508869701...it would b great if sum1 can take me out n help me find sum chill accesories 4my ride!!..hope 4 a good reply :D

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 17 Mar 2007, 6:21 pm

ill look for my friends calling card ... ill post it as soon as i got it ...

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 17 Mar 2007, 6:52 pm

u have to look 4 ur calling card :P ...alrite take ur timee...netime b4 thursday if ne og u guys can take me out n show me sum shops...cz il b leaving thrusday night....thanks bro

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 17 Mar 2007, 10:42 pm

050 8488540 he's name is Roy !! he's gonna give u list of parts for honda ... juz tell him that Jason gave u he's number !!

Gtr-35
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2006 300c srt8

Post by Gtr-35 » 18 Mar 2007, 1:01 am

wtf, when hamdam bought the car from your filipino friend, was it fully modifed?

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 18 Mar 2007, 2:13 am

Gtr-35 wrote:wtf, when hamdam bought the car from your filipino friend, was it fully modifed?
yup !! it was already modified ... but not " fully modified " the car is in very good condition when it was sold coz it was never raced on streets and was never pushed hard .. as far as i know .. i never seen or heard of a filipino who do burnouts or any illegal street racing in warqa or mamzar ... correct me if am wrong ...

if u watched the last Red Line Challenge in Autodrome ... Hamdan's blue EG did great ... juz ask Kenny or Albertho coz i think they saw how the car performed ...