Honda Info...

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 04 Mar 2007, 4:07 pm

Hey guys how are you all doing....I am sorry if the subject is mis-leading. I wanted to no about honda's. Me myself being a honda civic owner (you can check my ride out in the garage,its a white honda from qatar) would like to educate myself about honda engines. I am currently running a generation 7 civic ...i want to no about swapping engines, what requirements would i need, what could i do to my current engine, what type of engines are there? what would be the best engine for me. If there is anyone that has knowledge in this can you please fill me in....btw my civic is a exi not vtec :( ...

soo ppl common give me ur feedback..il b comming to dubia on saturday for two weeks. I hope there will be a meet so i can meet all of you guys and see ur rides!!!....thanks for reading and hoping for some feedback :) ..

BIG-T
UB Junior Member

Post by BIG-T » 04 Mar 2007, 10:09 pm

i got 17 views and no replys :S ....o well it was worth a try.... :D .....adious

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 04 Mar 2007, 11:31 pm

BIG-T wrote:i got 17 views and no replys :S ....o well it was worth a try.... :D .....adious
hmmm... is this the great Desert driver ??? mister T - is that you ?

SD -

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 04 Mar 2007, 11:39 pm

hhhmmm !! 7th gen Civic ... K20 is the best engine u can swap on ur car .. no doubt about it ...

for ur current Engine ..

as for performance parts ... Intake/Headers/Exhaust ... those are the basic modification u can do ... now if u wanna go further than that ... Stage 1 Camshaft/Underdrive Pulleys/ Port & Polished Throttle Body/ Knife Edge Butterfly/ Cam Gears/ ECU Tuning ... for sure ull feel the difference on ur cars performance and response ... ohh i forgot .. urs is non vtec ryt ? some people have tweaks on non vtec engines and convert it to vtec

as for suspension and handling .... coilovers/strutbars/ Polyurethane Bushings/ .. now if ur tight on budget .. go for a lowering springs and polyurethane bushings .. these alone will make ur car stiff and perform well on corners ...

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 04 Mar 2007, 11:49 pm

K20 FTMFW!!!!!

3idha
UB Addicted Member

Post by 3idha » 05 Mar 2007, 1:45 am

Im not familiar with the K series and wether they interchange.The K20 from the typeR is rare and $$$$$$$$ expensive ,I was thinking the K24 :idea: from the accord might be cheaper not as powerful as the type R but with less weight it should be good,What do the experts say (Y)

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 05 Mar 2007, 10:31 am

3idha i dont know about the k24 - but thats a good idea! - But would the engine actually fit?
Albertho ??

What i would actually do is go for a K20a3 engine (Type R is K20a or K20a2).
This engine is found in the Honda Stream and gives out a good 170Hp and around 133 trq. (not bad compared to a stock civic).

I guess if u can fit a K24 it would be really good - not only do u get Hp but alot more trq as well.

Anyone know about swaping a K series engine into a 7th gen civic ? - what are the complications? costs? - would really be interested!

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 05 Mar 2007, 10:54 am

Hmm.. but the K20 is lighter than K24 i guess...

And I don't know, but the K20 (200hp), or K24 (170?hp) .. They are more torquey though.. and pretty decent engines. But as I said, i think the k24 is heavier than the k20.

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 05 Mar 2007, 11:29 am

b18c5? hehehe.. there is always HASPORT mount to help you fit the engine...

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Mar 2007, 2:22 pm

wooow i got sum good replys..

1st of wek-236 i can put a b18c engine..but wot would b da point..its strong i agree...but its old..i would rather put in a newer engine which would b compatible with my car i.e k20a....and plus the mounting would be a pain..where will i get the mountings 4rm???however, if i do this swap would there be any complications with other parts in my car like the crankshaft etc....

2nd thing wek-236 is that k20a engine avialable in dubia (i am talkin about the pic that you posted)....

3rd thing wtf your talkin about all these things like Camshaft/Underdrive Pulleys/ Port & Polished Throttle Body/ Knife Edge Butterfly/ Cam Gears/ ECU Tuning, but these things arent avialable in the market at all!!atleast not in qatar...if they are in dubia pls do let me no so i can get dem....however,i dont see the reason to put all these things in my engine when its not even a vtec. Plus iv heard ppl do convert there engines into a vtec but its not easy. Do you have more info on changing my engine in2 a vtec...????

4th thing...as 4 the accord engine 4get it....m intrested in civic engines only especialy the k20a.....

guys this could b a great post for ppl learning about honda engines...give us ur feedback.....

and last but not least....guys il be comming to dubia on saturday for 2weeks...i hope to be meeting up with you all....if some1 can give me some good solid information i would like to take somethings back with me for my car to qatar.....Thanks brotha'sssssss.....

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 05 Mar 2007, 2:39 pm

The best engine would be k20 as everyone said.
k24 from accord(like i have) is good and powerfull engine (189 hp) but its going to be way too heavy for ur cars front.

I have got a question for ya?Why do u wana change ur engine?Its new man.As i understand ur civic is 2005.Think before u wana do the swap.If it was below 2000 then sure go ahead.
If u cant afford to have two cars go for the vtec conversion of ur engine.Research for parts and where u can do it.

Or better of sell ur car and get 2002 TYPE_R, my friend (Stas) got his a year back for 50k.

Im myself changing my k24 for j30 now to get more power and then go crazy with the bigger engine. :D

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 05 Mar 2007, 2:50 pm

grayfox666 wrote:The best engine would be k20 as everyone said.
k24 from accord(like i have) is good and powerfull engine (189 hp) but its going to be way too heavy for ur cars front.

I have got a question for ya?Why do u wana change ur engine?Its new man.As i understand ur civic is 2005.Think before u wana do the swap.If it was below 2000 then sure go ahead.
If u cant afford to have two cars go for the vtec conversion of ur engine.Research for parts and where u can do it.

Or better of sell ur car and get 2002 TYPE_R, my friend (Stas) got his a year back for 50k.

Im myself changing my k24 for j30 now to get more power and then go crazy with the bigger engine. :D

bro my car is a 2002 or 03 not sure nemore....i can afford it HUMDILLAH..its just tat i dont wana do something and then it doesnt work out..i want it to be perfect....anyways whats the j30??never heard of that//??...is it an honda engine???....

for a while i have been thinking about a new car but i cant go 4 it now..soo thats why i wanted 2 fix up my honda....any1 else got any idea's???....any1 got info on the vtec conversion?!....and plus my engine's mileage is 2 much...its goin 165,000km+ ...soooo i mean working on dis engine wont b any good...lookin 4 da k20a...hook me up wid info guys?

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 05 Mar 2007, 3:02 pm

Sorry ,ny bad.I thought that ur car is 2005.
163k is much then ofcourse change the engine.

And j30 is the powerplanrt in 2006 and 2007 accord.3.0 L V6(275 hp) :)

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 05 Mar 2007, 3:27 pm

if u want to make ur car vtec it could be done easily ... i know someone who can do those things and trust me its not complicated ....

K20 swap to a 7th Gen is a complete bolt on .. no need to change engine mountings and stuff .. ull juz have to get rid of ur old engine and drop in the K20 as it is ... of course if ur gonna put K20 on ur ES .. it would be better if ur gonna purchase the ones that has complete package such as ECU, wiring harness, transmission ...

now if ur comming here in UAE u might wanna look in Al Taif Used Parts ... there is a K20a engine for sale with complete wiring and harness, brakes, ECU, shifter ... not sure how much it is ....

if ur lucky enough to purchase the K20 in Al Taif .. then it would be better if ur gonna let experienced people and garage who gonna do the swapping ..

Qatar is not that far from Dubai i think .. u can send ur car here and let the conversion to be done here ...

as for the parts for ur current engine ... u can always order it in PASSWORDJDM and HASPORT ...

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 05 Mar 2007, 3:30 pm

here's a sample of a K20 ES1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eHnurZmWw8