H3 or Prado or LandCruiser!!!!

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 12 Jun 2007, 3:42 pm

Personally, I'd go for the Land Cruiser but I prefer the H3 over the Prado. :wink:

nabsy
UB Junior Member

Post by nabsy » 12 Jun 2007, 3:58 pm

for the price, i dont think anything can beat the prado. The only thing in which i rate the hummer better than the prado is the looks, thats all! performance, comfort, resale, parts, fuel economy, etc. prado kicks %#%$.

Land cruiser cant be compared here cuz its much more expensive. Fully loaded Prado SWB will set up back 125K. Landie is in the 160+ range.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 12 Jun 2007, 4:16 pm

hmmm..thats some good insight you got there....for sure i think everyone is certian here that the H3 sucks..i wasnt really sure about the price range of the landcruiser and the prado...soooo i dont no man.....i guess prado sounds good!!!!!

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 12 Jun 2007, 4:51 pm

I just stated my personal preference. :wink: I agree on the 'comfort, resale, parts and fuel economy' part but you can get similar performance with the H3 and not look like the other 20 million Prado owners on the road.

dxbhusla
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Ford Mustang 2005

Post by dxbhusla » 12 Jun 2007, 7:07 pm

thats the only problem with the prados u can see almost the whole world covered with prados!!!

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 12 Jun 2007, 8:00 pm

well this is how it goes-

All show no go- H3
(man H3 got 3.7L I5, is that better then a 4L V6? I think 2.7L I4 can out perform GM's I5 engine)

All go no show- Prado
(no show until you mod it)

Resale value, spare parts, fuel economy you know better.

Now its depends person to person, whether to buy car for show or go, isnt it?

Note- above is my opinion, you may have different opinion. Thank you

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 12 Jun 2007, 10:45 pm

i agree with all of you...every reason why each car is better then the other is agree able!!the prado is to commin..and i am sorry masabgt but i dnt think the prado has a strong engine..wether it be a 4door or 2door!! (but thats my opinion after driving it)

H3 is nice n all...its body is "KIND OFF APEALING" but try hitting it with your fist on the the fenders, and you might just find a hole in it..half the car is plastic!!!...and yes the engine isnt as strong as it shuold be eaither..iv seen a suziki vitari beat a H3 till 150!!!!!....thats when its needle closed...if it was my H3 i would burn it !!! :D

then there is the Landcruiser...but if i was to say something about this topic it would be prado is out of the price range of landcruiser and the H3...

if you where to compare the prado with the toyota fortune or some other vehicle in its range it would be better!!..got nothing more to say..thanks!!

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 13 Jun 2007, 12:41 am

All show no go- H3
(man H3 got 3.7L I5, is that better then a 4L V6? I think 2.7L I4 can out perform GM's I5 engine)
The Hummer might be weaker but if you know anything about off-roading, pure power only does half of the stuff. You need off-road prowess to kick %#%$ while dune bashing. I've seen H3s kicking VX Prado %#%$ off-road which is why I prefer it (I am saying this from my personal experience, if you have any experience of your own, please share :wink: ). The H3 was built as an off-roader from ground-up and performs like one too. Its ground clearance is superior to most SUVs and has the best approach, departure and breakover angles (37.5, 35.5, 24 respectively)

If you still think you need more power, the H3 Alpha will be released by GM soon. Featuring a 5.3l V8 with 305 bhp and 438 Nm of torque.

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 13 Jun 2007, 2:31 am

TNT wrote:
All show no go- H3
The Hummer might be weaker but if you know anything about off-roading, pure power only does half of the stuff. You need off-road prowess to kick %#%$ while dune bashing. I've seen H3s kicking VX Prado %#%$ off-road which is why I prefer it (I am saying this from my personal experience, if you have any experience of your own, please share :wink: ). The H3 was built as an off-roader from ground-up and performs like one too. Its ground clearance is superior to most SUVs and has the best approach, departure and breakover angles (37.5, 35.5, 24 respectively)

If you still think you need more power, the H3 Alpha will be released by GM soon. Featuring a 5.3l V8 with 305 bhp and 438 Nm of torque.

reading your stuff - it still doesnt seem to me like u go dune bashing.lets just say H3 n the prado r on the same line.
H3 will never come close to Patrol or a landcruiser.
my opinion - over the prado n H3 - id choose the prado anyday. hummer is trying hard, its nice to know, but with wht ive seen n felt - H3 is no where close to compete with Japanese 4x4's .......
i do respect the Humvee, tht was the last n best of its kind.
ive pulled out a H2 or H3 im not sure, n it was in a place where where a cycle could ride upto. ill try n post the pics......
but this is just my opinion through Experience n trials, oh n did u know - Cruisers n patrols will b coming out next in the 5litre range.
so whoever is looking into a 4x4, id say u wanna wait till the king of kings arrive .....
SD -

nabsy
UB Junior Member

Post by nabsy » 13 Jun 2007, 10:15 am

seriously guys, give it up. there is absolutely no comparison between the Prado and the H3. someone said sumthing earlier about the H3 being better than the Prado offroad. Dude, what're u smokin? there's like a million topics on dubai4x4.com bashing the H3 for its lack of everything. Professional testers write on that site and i have echoed what they say. Even the H2 is pretty crap offroad (looks wise too). The only hummer that i'd really ever go for is the H1.

For the person who started this thread. Ur choice is relatively straight forward. Take the H3 out of list. U're left with Prado and the Cruiser. Go for the Cruiser if you've got the money. And if you consider the Prado, go for 2 doors. That's what i drive and it seriously kicks butt on and off the road.

And lastly if you can wait for a couple of more months, FJ Cruiser's cuming out and so is the revised model of the Landie! Choice is urs, but seriously not the H3, my brother has it and it suxxx

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 13 Jun 2007, 1:59 pm

nabsy i totally agree with you..but the H3 alpha sounds hot...wonder what ppl will have to say about it when it comes out...

look every car is good in its place..it just depends on what the guy wants!!!..is he looking for power for duning or racing around then h3 would not be good...if he wants a good looking car to get around and mabye pimp it out then h3 would be good..its drive is very nice compared to prado's but not better then da landie!!...

i think this guys best choice is the prado, its much cheaper then the others, looks good, and can perform pretty well!!!

LIKE I SAID IT DEPENDS ON THE GUY..i think all questions are anwsered here...with moderaters permission can this topic be locked now :S ...

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 13 Jun 2007, 2:14 pm

reading your stuff - it still doesnt seem to me like u go dune bashing.lets just say H3 n the prado r on the same line.
Quite sadly, you are mistaken.
H3 will never come close to Patrol or a landcruiser
Nor will a Prado.
but this is just my opinion through Experience n trials, oh n did u know - Cruisers n patrols will b coming out next in the 5litre range.
I know that and it'll be super-awesome! But sadly, they are plug-ugly. The current Land Cruiser looks far better in my opinion.

Lexus LX570:

Toyota Land Cruiser spy shots taken in Oman:

Dude, what're u smokin? there's like a million topics on dubai4x4.com bashing the H3 for its lack of everything.
I'd appreciate a link to one of those topics. And if there is an article suggesting that the Prado is better than the H3 with solid proof, please specify. :wink:
there's like a million topics on dubai4x4.com bashing the H3 for its lack of everything. Professional testers write on that site
Well, there are a lot of other 'professional' sites out there like Edmunds, Cnet etc. look up their reiview of the H3 and you'll know what I'm talking about. Its got serious off-road hardware if not as much power as the Prado. It performs pretty damn good too.

The FJ Cruiser rocks though! I am just waiting for it to come out. I've seen many on the road already but they are imports. I went to Al-Futtaim to make an enquiry but turns out the salesmen there are clueless. I just hope it comes here 'officiall'. Will sure sell like hot cakes! Don't know what Toyota is waiting for!

I'd like to end all this comparision stuff between the H3 and Prado by sayin that it comes down to personal preference. Nothing I say can change what you think and vice versa. :)

nabsy
UB Junior Member

Post by nabsy » 13 Jun 2007, 4:43 pm

i just can't quit! :D

Here, you asked for it.

http://70.86.226.44/~dubai4x4/html/modu ... &start=400

should give you a little indication about the H3's popularity in offroading circle.

Read through all the pages. I know its not a Prado vs Hummer thread, but there's bits in there which would give you an idea.

If you want more, lemme know.

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 13 Jun 2007, 9:12 pm

TNT Says"Quite sadly, you are mistaken."

i think u have to do your research more, n then find out opinions around from people- n i mean daily people, not thos people who have a hummer tattoo doin there, n rolling on blingy blings .... its a good road car, but again id never compare a american car to a jap car for the sand...
i say jeep wrigleys n hummer 2 n 3 r on the same road.

TNT says "nor will a prado"

lol prado is a toyota....... its goes like TOYOTA PRADO :|

TNT says"I know that and it'll be super-awesome! But sadly, they are plug-ugly. The current Land Cruiser looks far better in my opinion."

dedicated land cruiser owners, people with smart minds stil stand by the cruiser n im sure u already know tht. like i said on tht thread - all the cruiser needs is some thicks rims n it should be just fine.

y do people not buy hummers for the sand anyway? especially the TRUE desert boyz like myself ?(n lets not talk about price here, its performance were talking about)
but sadly, im sure u know tht ...
waiting to ear from u ... :nono:

oh n here's a bit of BURNT pride n attitudes in the desert.
some like to learn it the HARD WAY ....

PATROL POWER .....
SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 13 Jun 2007, 11:09 pm

loool...good stuff guys...

TNT the FJ cruiser is made in saudi...and ONLY IN SAUDI!!!correct me if i am wrong..i have a friend with a FJ cruiser and he bought it from saudi...its a special edition cruiser they made for saudi...

will other countrys have it in the gulf..highly doubt it cz they only manufacture those parts in saudi...if you want one ul have to bring it from saudi guy!!

my 2cents, H3 sucks, just get a patrol or landie and enjoy on road and off road!!!...

the new landie looks kind of disapointing..it sorta looks like a honda MRV from da front...and its not that high...i dont no..il just wait for it to come out...and whats with japense cars making big engines!!!! :S ...