which rice to pick up!!!!

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 19 Sep 2007, 10:28 am

hi guys long time no post :s :s
any how I'm confused which ride to buy since I never owned any one before
1- Honda prelude : I found it for 23-22k dhms 115000km model 2001 ( nice H22 engine ) but auto
tranny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ( dunno about cons & pros for this one )

2- eclipse model 95 ( I know there are hell lodda of them in sharjah but it's cool ) FWD 22-24k dhms
mileage same as prelude , but they seem to catch rust sooo easy ( are they like this or?????? )
( price is liddle hi since they got some modds but NOT serious ones )

3- now this is a real boy-toy hell of a dream ,, GTR 33 fully hard core modded ( & I mean that :) :) )
very clean & neat, & the best thing it's abu dhabi registered 8)
asking price 90k dhms ( I'm gonna squeeze my self to get it but the real life is some thing else )
besides I'm taking driving lessons for a motor bike DL so I should keep something for the winter :!:

advice me please since I have no idea about maintaining any of them here in emirates esp in AUH!!

cheers 8) 8)

ahmed.omar
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata

Post by ahmed.omar » 19 Sep 2007, 4:23 pm

stone-head wrote:hi guys long time no post :s :s
1- Honda prelude : I found it for 23-22k dhms 115000km model 2001 ( nice H22 engine ) but auto

2- eclipse model 95 ( I know there are hell lodda of them in sharjah but it's cool ) FWD 22-24k dhms
mileage same as prelude , but they seem to catch rust sooo easy ( are they like this or?????? )

3- now this is a real boy-toy hell of a dream ,, GTR 33 fully hard core modded ( & I mean that :) :) )
asking price 90k dhms ( I'm gonna squeeze my self to get it but the real life is some thing else )
besides I'm taking driving lessons for a motor bike DL so I should keep something for the winter :!:

advice me please since I have no idea about maintaining any of them here in emirates esp in AUH!!

cheers 8) 8)
hi mann
why dont you check out the suzuki swift, 38,000 brand new 1.5liter 5 speed manual. drive it for a bit and fit a bolt on turbo charge with everything for 7000dhs.
ver reliable car....
Kit include emanage, open pod filter, turbo, BOV, intercooler, pipings, bigger injectors, wastegate, greedy map sensor, turbo manifold and all clamps and hoses. All items needed to install the kit

The kit comes with warranty
On 0.45bar, car was dyno at 142hp and 21k torque

Before kit, car dyno at 102hp and 13k torque

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 19 Sep 2007, 7:36 pm

the swift no doubt is a funky lil car!!..i rented this sexy blue color swift and boy does that car got balls..good traction and it gives you power here and there...so i think with a bolt on turbo it would work great!!...people may think its shit cz it suzuki...but seriously drive one and you just love it

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 19 Sep 2007, 7:46 pm

It was Top Gear car of the year once and no doubt its a sweet lil ride.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 20 Sep 2007, 8:33 am

erm.. nobody noticed the "rice" typo in the title?

Suzuki Swift rules man..

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 20 Sep 2007, 9:14 am

thanks guys 4 ur replies
actually I hate small cars ( ohhh god u can't imagine how much ) after all it's a personal opinion
any how the eclipse is out of my head ( they really rust so bad !!!!! )
just wanna know how much it's gonna cost me to swap in manual gear instead of auto tranny for the lude ( damn I hate auto :evil: :evil: ) I believe there's a version which have LSD or torque transfer
or some thing like that , I'm gonna check that baby this week end :) :) , wish me good hunt
I need help from HONDA FREAKS ( they r many here :D :D )

cheers 8)

ahmed.omar
UB Junior Member

Post by ahmed.omar » 20 Sep 2007, 11:11 am

stone-head wrote:thanks guys 4 ur replies
actually I hate small cars ( ohhh god u can't imagine how much ) after all it's a personal opinion
any how the eclipse is out of my head ( they really rust so bad !!!!! )
just wanna know how much it's gonna cost me to swap in manual gear instead of auto tranny for the lude ( damn I hate auto :evil: :evil: ) I believe there's a version which have LSD or torque transfer
or some thing like that , I'm gonna check that baby this week end :) :) , wish me good hunt
I need help from HONDA FREAKS ( they r many here :D :D )

cheers 8)
call me on:0507851732
i will find you and eclipse, or whatever..........

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 20 Sep 2007, 12:12 pm

mikeh wrote:erm.. nobody noticed the "rice" typo in the title?

Suzuki Swift rules man..
lol !! all car he mentioned are candidate for getting riced :D

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 20 Sep 2007, 7:18 pm

mikeh wrote:erm.. nobody noticed the "rice" typo in the title?
I thought that was on purpose :roll:

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 24 Sep 2007, 2:43 am

bro is there anyone done it already here in uae... dubai?
ahmed.omar wrote:

cheers 8) 8)
hi mann
why dont you check out the suzuki swift, 38,000 brand new 1.5liter 5 speed manual. drive it for a bit and fit a bolt on turbo charge with everything for 7000dhs.
ver reliable car....
Kit include emanage, open pod filter, turbo, BOV, intercooler, pipings, bigger injectors, wastegate, greedy map sensor, turbo manifold and all clamps and hoses. All items needed to install the kit

ahmed.omar
UB Junior Member

Post by ahmed.omar » 24 Sep 2007, 9:45 am

toleg wrote:bro is there anyone done it already here in uae... dubai?
ahmed.omar wrote:

cheers 8) 8)
hi mann
ver reliable car....

yes there are a couple of them that look stock with turbo on them!!!!!!!!

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 24 Sep 2007, 1:07 pm

ah okey....
never new that... so be carefull with this tiny car.... you will not know what is inside... :D

can this car past in dubai registration with this mods?

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 24 Sep 2007, 3:01 pm

probably.. UAQ or RAK registered..

if then registered in dubai... probably with wasta....

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 24 Sep 2007, 3:02 pm

toleg wrote:ah okey....
never new that... so be carefull with this tiny car.... you will not know what is inside... :D

can this car past in dubai registration with this mods?

beware also with the Green EG Civic... saw it smoked a Mark II Soarer in the Autodrome.. :D (Y)

ahmed.omar
UB Junior Member

Post by ahmed.omar » 24 Sep 2007, 3:04 pm

its a simple bolt on kit, so register install, remove register, its an on and off thing..
they all have dubai registration number plates