LIKE NOTHING ELSE- It has Begun .. :) Updated Pics

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.

What car next - for the family

Range Rover Sport Supercharged
35%
Porsche Cayenne GTS
20%
Cadillac Escalade
9%
Toyota Landcruiser
11%
Toyota Prado
5%
Toyota FJ
2%
Infinity FX
5%
Audi Q5
No votes
Audi Q7
13%

Total votes: 55

Inline6
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2010

Post by Inline6 » 22 Aug 2008, 2:41 am

Tamu wrote:I am pretty sure its just the new LS that can do that. I saw a clip of it on Top Gear but I cant find it now!!
Yes the 2008 LS can park by itself but the bad news is that Self-Parking option it's not offered in the UAE... :(

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 22 Aug 2008, 1:21 pm

i was at abu dhabi yest. n it felt like Home once again, just like how Dubai was once upon a time ....

anyway - heres the ISF pics my sis spotted...n drooled over.

the car looks awesome.... but it seems in the reviews it didnt do as well as the C63 AMG ... wonder y

SD -

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 22 Aug 2008, 1:28 pm

OH DROOL DAMN RIGHT! Looks good!
Btw .. after 4 pages of posts I don't even remember who wanted to buy a car. If it's you .. BUY A CAR ALREADY! :P

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 22 Aug 2008, 3:09 pm

Styling gimmickry, anyone?

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 22 Aug 2008, 6:29 pm

The ISF is just the beginning of what lexus is bring to the platter!! Therefore, I guess it would be best not to compare cars like the C63 amg, RS4, and M3 because they have been built on the same platform for the past so many years and this is the 1st time lexus has come out with something like this. Also dont forget the the ISF performed equally well on track and on the straight + its a 1st generation so give it sometime..
Yes TNT it has that fake exhaust thingy, but you aren't the 1st one to point that out :( I would still take this car over the M3 and the C63 AMG regardless!!! but not just now, maybe when the 2010 ISF comes out then!!
If your sister likes it tell her to get it!!! she wont be disapointed and plus you can enjoy the car to :D

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 24 Aug 2008, 2:02 am

TNT - thnx for pointing tht out ..... i didnt know it was a Fake exhaust tip there. thats is Dissapointing.

well tamu, dont want something as its just come out.yes, it is a good car. but i also heard the comfort at the rear seats do not exist ... thts dissapointing again...

i just viewed the FX50 today close up. the rear looks acceptable, but the front - OMG - they have to recall all cars - n trash them. the front looked like tht red car from the movie - "CARS" .... lol ... it looked like it was depressed, not even a smile on tht grill. its a hunchback of dubai.... lol ....not good....

most of all - they dont sell the ISF in dubai.i saw one speeding in bahrain after the 1st day of the grand prix.it was Fast.
lol even if i wanted one - how do i get one ? any ideas ?

any idea on price, comments on the mercedes G500 ? anyone ? pls do post.
no harm in knowing ehhh ? :D :D

SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 24 Aug 2008, 8:42 am

the G500 is more then half a million easily!!!!!! Anyone that owns this car is a true baller!!!

hater999
UB Advanced Member

Post by hater999 » 24 Aug 2008, 11:22 am

Thats the price!

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 24 Aug 2008, 11:54 am

Eleanor wrote:TNT - thnx for pointing tht out ..... i didnt know it was a Fake exhaust tip there. thats is Dissapointing.

most of all - they dont sell the ISF in dubai.i saw one speeding in bahrain after the 1st day of the grand prix.it was Fast.
Yeh the IS-F's tips do depress. Makes me shudder thinking about cars such as the Zonda! :P

Oh and if you want that .. import one from the states. I can hook you up! :)

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 24 Aug 2008, 1:32 pm

SALSABOI wrote:
Eleanor wrote:TNT - thnx for pointing tht out ..... i didnt know it was a Fake exhaust tip there. thats is Dissapointing.

Yeh the IS-F's tips do depress. Makes me shudder thinking about cars such as the Zonda! :P
LOL! Way to go! Nice comparo! Zonda to an IS-F.
Well the IS-F PHAILS 2 times, not just once. First of all, tips are not physically connected to the exhaust and second, even if you want to have slap-on gimmick tips, atleast ALIGN the original tips correctly! Place them squarely behind the fake tips!

Yes Eleanor, you could always import one from the US.
Why are you so mad about an IS-F? Its nothing great and the rear seats suck:

Go to the dealers and try sitting in the back of an IS300, they are made for midgets! I don't even count them as seats. An Echo is more spacious! To me they act like a second, easily-accesible, leather-lined trunk to stash the groceries.

zeemmee
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:03Patrol_09Pajero3.0v6swb[late]

Post by zeemmee » 24 Aug 2008, 3:16 pm

I Am glad no one voted for Fj cruiser!!
No offence guys But that car is *%&*)$#

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 24 Aug 2008, 3:58 pm

Hey the FJ aint that bad. I like it only when its white on white! =D
Another plus point would be that its got a faster 0-100kmph sprint than the Range Rover Sport!

zeemmee
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:03Patrol_09Pajero3.0v6swb[late]

Post by zeemmee » 24 Aug 2008, 6:34 pm

"Range Rover " -- you should see what the verdict of top gear on that one!

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 24 Aug 2008, 9:49 pm

SALSABOI wrote:Hey the FJ aint that bad. I like it only when its white on white! =D
Another plus point would be that its got a faster 0-100kmph sprint than the Range Rover Sport!
You on crack? Or am I in the dark?

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 25 Aug 2008, 1:49 am

The RRS isn't the quickest of cars!!! its pretty damn slow even with a super charger. I wouldn't be surprised if the FJ or any other SUV in that matter gave it a quick run for it's money!!