ATTN AUH Members

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 20 Nov 2008, 11:58 pm

lol. You're lucky, my fines AFTER the plead were 8400 dirhams.

In the end I got out of the 12 points, the impound, and the 2 weeks in jail (my 4th above 160 ticket)

But still had to pay the fees. Im up to 3800 already this year, but no jail/impound ones... yet.

xwg_238
UB Junior Member

Post by xwg_238 » 21 Nov 2008, 12:08 am

neo bro! u hav contacts in the RTA?
can u cancel speeding tickets......in case i get any !hehe!*sigh*
Neo wrote:As replied to in the other topic... send me your details to my cell phone..
etisalat @#%^&%^

I will try to find out why you got this fine.

xwg_238
UB Junior Member

Post by xwg_238 » 21 Nov 2008, 12:17 am

the other day in dubai-AUH highway
nobody knew that the radar was TUNED to 12okmph in the construction area !
as usual guys going in above 120 got clicked !
that to not one or two !
continous flashes like wat paparazzi do if they see angelina jolie!
lol

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 21 Nov 2008, 1:04 pm

ultrablue662 wrote:lol. You're lucky, my fines AFTER the plead were 8400 dirhams.

In the end I got out of the 12 points, the impound, and the 2 weeks in jail (my 4th above 160 ticket)

But still had to pay the fees. Im up to 3800 already this year, but no jail/impound ones... yet.

DUDE....

You gave me a heart attack... 8400 after pleading. so how much was it in real...
You are the reason where have new radars every 1km the moment we enter dubai..
They brought new radars with the money you paid them....
It seems you have got some real wasta... hahaha!!!
:D

Okay enuff of silly talk....

Bro, thats lot of money and problems you got into...
take care...
This radar thing has become messy.. the new ones have smaller flashes and can barely be
recognized.

We are doomed unless we really stick with the speed mentioned in the road...

Heard the new CID thing in Sheikh zayed road in dubai....

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 21 Nov 2008, 7:26 pm

Hahaha! GT you are screwed!
BTW, ultrablue, car will be impounded even if its the first time you exceed by 60?

zeemmee
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:03Patrol_09Pajero3.0v6swb[late]

Post by zeemmee » 21 Nov 2008, 10:50 pm

Yeah Neo about the SZR & CID , they are watching cars tailgating,flashing,speeding,overtaking & have surprised people by pulling them out of the road to give fines!!
"WE ARE BRINGING IN MORE MANPOWER" They say!!.
The campaign will now be spreading to Emirates road,

OH BTW Just got an email about the "NEW THIEF's"....

A man came over and offered his service as a painter to a female putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time..

Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and rea liz ed that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help.The men drove away but the lady still felt badly for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath. Apparently there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them.

This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets.
This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services.

Spread the word.

GTtwinCam
UB Senior Member

Post by GTtwinCam » 14 Dec 2008, 11:30 am

Hey NEO,
Where is the ADP GHQ? I'll be handing over the car today or tomorow :(

The number on their website is 02-44614612, is it correct?

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 14 Dec 2008, 11:41 am

zeemmee wrote:Yeah Neo about the SZR & CID , they are watching cars tailgating,flashing,speeding,overtaking & have surprised people by pulling them out of the road to give fines!!
"WE ARE BRINGING IN MORE MANPOWER" They say!!.
The campaign will now be spreading to Emirates road,

OH BTW Just got an email about the "NEW THIEF's"....

A man came over and offered his service as a painter to a female putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time..

Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and rea liz ed that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help.The men drove away but the lady still felt badly for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath. Apparently there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them.

This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets.
This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services.

Spread the word.
this happened in Dubai ????

SD -

Neo

Post by Neo » 14 Dec 2008, 9:43 pm

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=24.449396&lon ... =0&m=a&v=2

That shows the GHQ as far as i can remember..
been busy with work and family...
Day time , especially morning will be the best time..
then tend to be lazy during afternoon and even ask u to come later...

GTtwinCam
UB Senior Member

Post by GTtwinCam » 15 Dec 2008, 10:47 am

I paid the fine today, 600 dhs, no black points and no confiscation! :D

No, i dont have some big wasta or something...

It turns out that the new black point system isnt implemented but they updated their system and radars, the guy at muroor told me this and said that at 165 i only exceeded speed limit by 30kmph, not 60kmph! :D

hater999
UB Advanced Member

Post by hater999 » 15 Dec 2008, 3:40 pm

nice!

Dirksqjaw
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2005 BMW 545i

Post by Dirksqjaw » 15 Dec 2008, 6:54 pm

Here's a question - How the heck does that website work? It's asking for the traffic ID and I've no idea what that is. Anyone know?

http://www.adpolice.gov.ae/Ticketsen/PlateInfo.aspx

And seriously, a week in jail?? A month impound?! Wowzers..

-Dirk

Neo

Post by Neo » 16 Dec 2008, 10:16 am

The traffic id is the long number on the back of your driving license.

GTtwincam, Glad to hear u didnt go thru the mess
i saw ur message on the phone but due to circumstances couldnt reply..
Hence posted the map online..
Hope you had a good time with AD police....

How did it go?

Neo

Post by Neo » 16 Dec 2008, 3:36 pm

TADA!!!! I am famous

Last week been to Sharjah to receive my mom from airport...
I made a turn from szr to emirates road thru business bay...
There is a new flyover, first time i am going thru it..
I thought i got into the wrong way and was looking at dubai mall on the right side....

Click!!! and i am famous... damn it!!! there was a radar and i might have been at 100... the road says 60..

I am so bugged..

So totall three radars this year...

One in AUH for 900 (I guess i will get a discount for that one since its similar to GTTWINCAM)
Then two in Dubai 400 + 600...

Dirksqjaw
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2005 BMW 545i

Post by Dirksqjaw » 16 Dec 2008, 4:06 pm

Neo wrote:The traffic id is the long number on the back of your driving license.
I've a Dubai license and there is no long number on the back. I can type gibberish into the field and it just says I have no fines.. doesn't tell me error or anything.

And for Dubai plates, to I put the letter before or after the plate number, or at all? Stupid thing..