Radars in Dubai (General Information)

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 27 Mar 2013, 2:22 am

highly doubtful if any body can help you with those...

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 27 Mar 2013, 10:40 am

lightooth wrote:1) Was it a police car hiding? Or do the radars flash front?
It has to be a mobile radar. You would've been quite sure if it ever flashed upfront since it only does that when you're very close to the radar. You can't miss it.
2) Why did i recieve the fines so late? its march and i receive the fines now.
Some fines take days (and sometimes even weeks) to appear in the system. Though the ones that don't show up after weeks are usually the invalid ones. Not so true in your case since you've been doing 140-160kph on a 120kph highway.
3)If I keep getting fines on each consecutive days like 14/15/16/17 - how can i stop it or can i go talk to someone to lower the fine or do something to ease this ?
Unfortunately, you cannot avoid them (or make any claims) if you're certain that on all of the days, you've been driving at over 140kph. Your only option would be to wait for a discount on fines to be announced, i.e. if it does happen before your registration expires.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 28 Mar 2013, 10:50 am

lightooth wrote:I was going on emirates road in the month of february, and on my way to sharjah university using emirates road i never realized i got flashed. See in the morning i have to hurry to catch the class, so when the fast lane is clear i go on it and i go from 140-160 depending on how late i am (especially with exams), and JUST NOW i got 2 fines 1 fine on the 12th feb and another on 13th feb. Now u can see where i am going i am scared that i will get a super fine like 14/15/16/17/18 and then God knows what will happen. I got flashed from behind, both times. In the pictures on the website i see that both times were in the same place, and from behind. The radars on emirates road are only front-flashers so i think it was police car parked on the other side of the road. I have a total of 1400 dhs of fines and someone please answer 3 questions for me to my email please because i wont open this website:-
umm you post on a website saying you wont reply and asking people to reply to your email?

the fines are well deserved, next time sleep earlier wake up earlier (spend less time on fb/bb etc)

the speeding up between cams to save time does not work, at most you must have reached your destination 3-5mins earlier. i always wonder why people speed upto 150-160 between the cams and then slow down to 130 for the cam, instead just drive at 140 thru all cams. you save fuel, brake pads, and fines.

pay up the fines, dont speed on public roads

now dont get angry at my post and come attack me on the internet lol

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 28 Mar 2013, 5:56 pm

I don't think it was a police car, if you are on the fast lane.. it flashes in front (from what i've seen)
I hope reaching your classes was worth 1400 bucks.

There's no excuse for speeding, you knew what you we're getting into when you pulled up to the fast lane and gunned it trying to save 2 mins and putting everyone else in danger. Now face the consequences and pay up racerboy. :arrow:

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 30 Mar 2013, 6:07 am

I get the fact that you were late n all...iv been there...happens...but getting upto speed to reach the destination dosnt do any good and gets u all hyped up for nothing...

Bottom line : u have to pay the fines...and ul have to take care, be it shj or dubai...

Sponnery
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2012 Bmw 3series

Post by Sponnery » 23 Apr 2014, 2:40 pm

I was flashed by a temporary radar on dubai - al ain road
As i travel daily i know all the permanent radar and spots for temporary ones ... But unfortunately i was flashed while overtaking through the last track (extreme right) and was about at 145
So does anyone know the range for those radars (min -max) as i think it wont be able to get my plate as i was so close to the radar

Zdude
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2014 Nissan 370Z

Post by Zdude » 13 Dec 2014, 4:18 am

hi guys can someone confirm that there is no fix radar on Business bay crossing (crossing festival city) going towards Abu dhabi? only on the bridge itself

i crossed the bridge at about 220km/h & i'm kind worried coz nobody else was goin above 100... I slowed down after comin down coz i know theres a radar after the bridge but not sure about before if theres anything..?? i didnt see any cop cars or anything parked. it was at about 3am last night

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 14 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

Zdude wrote:hi guys can someone confirm that there is no fix radar on Business bay crossing (crossing festival city) going towards Abu dhabi? only on the bridge itself
Definitely no fixed radar on the bridge itself.

Zdude
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2014 Nissan 370Z

Post by Zdude » 09 Feb 2015, 2:23 am

Business Bay bridge (going towards Mirdif side) after coming down, there is this small radar box within 500m on your right.. Does this flash you at 101km? or 121km??

AbrashaAbdulah
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Toyota FJ

Post by AbrashaAbdulah » 10 Feb 2016, 10:46 pm

That a nice information man. Being a new in UAE road. I was not aware about most of the technique used to capture activity from radar. It an excellent information.
Thanks for your information.

Ahmad Al-Azhar
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Honda

Post by Ahmad Al-Azhar » 22 Jun 2016, 1:26 pm

Well, said. Day by day the law of UAE Traffic Association is going to be difficult but the fact is we have to follow the rules otherwise, they will kick out of us from their own country.