Radars in Dubai (General Information)

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 28 Nov 2008, 10:45 pm

I dont think its breaking the law...
Becoz
We are not planning to damage the radars or do something illegal.

All we are planning to do is,
Avoid speeding on those roads or slow down at those radars...
Which what exact the rules want us to do...

All we are doing is awareness... Lets say you knew there is a radar on Abudhabi road, the probability that you would go slow in that road is more than the opposite..

And i dont think this facility would be available in a GPS if it was illegal.
For example i can download this data on my GPS and set it to alert me when there is on nearby...

I thought about the legality even before i posted my suggestion earlier.

a7med
UB Dedicated Member

Post by a7med » 28 Nov 2008, 11:57 pm

I got an idea, here's a link to wikimapia: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=25.0973994&lo ... yed%20road

Look to where the radar you've seen is and pin it, and lets have our own code so we can search and find easily like say 'uaeboost/radar', when you search for it you'll have a list of all radars spotted and pinned by uaebost members, you can also paste alink to your UAEB profile in the description, and maybe one day we'll run awards to whom has pinned most radars :D uaeb admins will pay off all fines of the ultimate radar spotter :roll: *a7med runs and ducks*

Neo

Post by Neo » 29 Nov 2008, 12:03 am

Haha!! another great idea...
Well its just one Admin and bunch of mental moderators... hehehe!!!
So i dont have to pay..

GT-T88urbo

Post by GT-T88urbo » 29 Nov 2008, 12:37 am

Then again, the whole purpose of Dubai police is to surprise people with radars so as to catch them during the act. So its there job to keep changing locations, all we'll be doing is tell everyone about it :!:

Neo

Post by Neo » 29 Nov 2008, 12:51 am

The normal radars dont have surprise factor coz they are permanent...
Also a surprise factor could be dangerous becoz you might slam brakes disrupting the flow and your control.

Yes, they have temp radars and mobile radars which is out of our scope... becoz by the time u see and it and post it here it would be gone.
We are considering the permanent radars..

For example you dont know the radar in Salam street in abudhabi... I know about it coz i live here..
This thread will help me tell you to be carefull when you are there...

Thats all we want.. not vandalism or aiding or abetting.. lol..

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 29 Nov 2008, 1:33 am

its all a conspiracy to earn some quick $'s IMO :S

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 29 Nov 2008, 2:00 am

Yeah they are more towards making money than concerned about safety.In addition to the location of the radars we can also point out the vehicles which act as the mobile radar,it won't matter if they change the location as we'll be aware that its one of them sneaky b*****ds!Like we already know about the white VW Caddy,I know about a silver camry station-wagon which is usually in Qusais near Emirates Driving Institute and so on.

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 29 Nov 2008, 7:49 am

HEY WKZ ... thanks for the info i didnt no abt the camry in ghusais n alll ... but i do no that behind sahara mall there are usually cars wid a couple of cameras inside ... benn flashed quite a few times ... n hey guys there r new cameras on that road towards mifdiff and warqa... they werent there previously but they jus placed them 2 to 3 days ago ... ... ultrablue ...god forbid if i ever get flashed but a hidden radar n if i have someone who can drive next to me ... i'll get out of the car n take the camera n run break it or something ....this palce is getting more n more messsed up by the day .... someone's gotta do somthing !!!

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 29 Nov 2008, 9:29 am

last thursday a mobile radar caught me in warqa.
as soon as this thing hapnd, i got a call from my friend saying " drive slow there are radars" i wish he wud have called me 2 min ago!!

ghostrider_dxb
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:09 suzuki swift vdi- 2010 yamaha FZ

Post by ghostrider_dxb » 29 Nov 2008, 11:47 am

i hve seen mobile radars in old station wagon mazda 6 too .....
i hve seen many across al Qusais ,
Nowadayz they park their car a bit far nd keep the flash near to the road whch they hide under bushes

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 29 Nov 2008, 3:23 pm

Ive been dreaming up this device, where you would cut out the part of your bumper that holds the plate, and an actuator would actually make it flip, and underneath, on the reverse side, would be some random plate that you jacked off of some guy in say... Ajman.

I'd so sell a billion of them! if I could make a plug and play universal kit.

a7med
UB Dedicated Member

Post by a7med » 29 Nov 2008, 3:44 pm

I did it on my bike, when i had it, i had a fender eleminator kit, and customised it with a choke cable thats easily accessible from the front side of the bike near the handles and it would retract the plate number under the seat, i used often for salik.
DSC00323_400x400_noNumber_low.jpg

wackyboy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2000 mistubishi lancer

Post by wackyboy » 29 Nov 2008, 7:19 pm

guys great idea about spotting the radars as it will also help the newcomers who arent much aware of this radar thingy :P... and also another factor of permanent radars are.. they keep changing their sides from one side of the road to the other. but i really liked the idea of spotting radars..we can have a new thread and evryone can post according to their respective cities?

zeemmee
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:03Patrol_09Pajero3.0v6swb[late]

Post by zeemmee » 29 Nov 2008, 11:22 pm

How about posting info about roads with no radars ,By god driving across dubai these days has become so boring these days due to the infestation of the DAMN radars that I am aching to flat out !!.Even the new songs with loads of bass are unable to supplement :evil: :evil:

Neo

Post by Neo » 30 Nov 2008, 9:46 am

Guys.. lets keep this entire forum legalized.
I would highly recommend to avoid posting illegal or information that could be doubtful.
Becoz all this is traceable in the first place.
Also visible to everyone.