Dont You Think...??

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
Ninju
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Ssssstang

Post by Ninju » 14 Jun 2009, 4:56 am

Dont U Think That Police(Here in UAE) Should Do A Little Bit More Than Giving Fines.
As Far As I've Seen Thats The Only Thing They Do Best And Make Our Lives Miserable.

I Mean Be A Bit More Friendly n Try 2 Help People In Trouble.

Like Carry A Booster Cable To Jump Start A Car If A Guy Has Battery Problem.
May B A Gallon Of Petrol If Someones Outta Fuel.
Or Carry A JerryCan If Someone's Car's Overheated.
Or Help Someone Change A Tire,

Change A Tire, Huh. I Have A Good One On That.

Its Like 2 Months From Now When I Was Goin To Jumeira To Pick Up Sum CDeez From A Friend.On The Way If Front Of Mercato Mall I Saw A Lexus LX570 And A Police Car Behind It.The Left Rear Tyre Was Flat.I Saw The Policeman Inspecting The Flat Tyre And I Really Felt Nice That They Do Help People(Well The Plate Was Code 'A' 13 So They Had No Other Choice).But When I Was Returning Like After 20-25 Mins, They Were Still There And The Tyre Was Still Flat On There Was An Addition Of Another Police SUV.So I Took A U-Turn, Came Back, Parked My Car And Came To Check What The Problem Was.First They Didnt Let Me Come Near.YEA 'A 13' HAAN.But I Talked A Bit And They Told Me What Was The Problem."NO SPARE TYRE" Was Their Answer, I Say Shuuuuuuu"Whaaaaaat". And Again He Replied "I See Everywhere INSIDE Tha Sayyara Butt Mafi Ekstra Taiyer".I Asked Did U Check Under The SAYYARA And He Said U Check.There Were 4 Police Men, 2 Old 2 Young And Then They Started Mumbling And Laughing With Each Other.Then I Asked And He Agreed N Let Me Change The Tyre.Strange Thing is That There Was No Driver N The Old Royal Women Was Driving Herself With Her Maid.The Police Guy Asked That Old Women To Sit Inside And Lock The Doors n As I Was Unscrewing The Tyre He Said Sumthin Like "La Tsawwwi Harakaat" n I Was Like WhatEVA.

And Lots Of Other Stories I've Seen N Xperienced.

I Was On The Sharjah Ring Road Just Behind The Exit To Emirates Road When My Car Heat Up.So I Parked On The Shoulder With Indicators And Bonnet Open n Steam Comin Out Of It.It Was Rush Hour, The Whole Road Blocked.And From Behind Comes The Sharjah Police With Sirens On, All The Way Thru The Shoulder.When He Arrives, I Thought He Wouldnt Say Anything As Everything is Obvious.But He Stops And Asks Y M I Standing Here.I Tell Him The Reason.HE ASKS ME TO REMOVE MY CAR AND PARK SOMEWHERE ELSE Otherwise HE's GONNA FINE ME.I Tried Talking To Him But He Picked Up The Fine Book.
He Waited For Me And I Got Into Car And He Didnt Even Let Me Continue In The Shoulder.So I Got Into The Traffic And By The Time I Found A Parking My Radiator Was Already Cracked.

Just Today My Friends Civic Stalled At A Signal On Sheikh Faisal Road here in Sharjah.He Couldnt Start It Coz His Battery Was Dead.Dynmo Problem Or Sumthin.He Couldnt Move It To A Side Coz There Was This Big Inclined Pavement For The Pedistrains To Walk.Well It Was Just A Matter Of Max 2 Minutes That A Police Guy On Moto Bike Came And Fined Him 200Dhs And 4 Black Points.My Friend Did Alot Of GirGir With Him, But Invain.At Last He Asked The Police Guy To Help Him Move The Car To A Side And He Said "Thats Your Problem".My Friend Got Angry And Said "And Your Problem Is To Only Give Fines."The Police Guy Came Back,Called Another Police Car And Took Him To Police Station.They Talked With The Mudeer And Blah Blah.But At Last Alhamdolillah The Mudeer Cancelled His Fine And Let Him Go.

I Mean,It Used To Be Anjad(The HELP) Written Over Police Cars In Sharjah.

Sorry For Such A long Post But Couldnt Help It.......

Jamool
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Mark II Chaser - Jeep Wrangler

Post by Jamool » 14 Jun 2009, 5:24 am

This is all right, ive also expirienced things like this before. And i relized that if your a Sheikh or something like the A-13 the police would be like your servants, if your some regular guy they'd show off on you and treat you like a dog or even worse.
They expect our cars to be 100% perfect and dont break down ?
Fines is something every police man wants to do to show off that they really are doing they're " work "
And especially in this specific time where the country needs money and i mean lots of money that they actually made the driving license in Ajman from 17 now..

No offenses or insults for any cop on this site :)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 14 Jun 2009, 5:39 am

ninju why does every word you write start with a capital lol :P

Anyways, police should stop and help as much as they can. Abu Dhabi police stopped my brother about dark mahkfi (with a little bit of a mirror reflection). They said take it off, my brother just stood there and said the car belongs to the shiehk (our sponsor) you take it off, I don't want to get deported. The two cop guys actually started removing it while my brother went into a juice stall and had lunch hahaha.....ohh and know fine either :P ....

When it comes to fines and cops, pull out the "I am a student card" and they might let you go. As for tire changes and helping you get off the road when your car breaks down they will never help you. They have huge EGO problems - they might just end up calling you a break down!!!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 14 Jun 2009, 12:01 pm

Jamool wrote:This is all right, ive also expirienced things like this before. And i relized that if your a Sheikh or something like the A-13 the police would be like your servants, if your some regular guy they'd show off on you and treat you like a dog or even worse.
They expect our cars to be 100% perfect and dont break down ?
No offenses or insults for any cop on this site :)
Naah thats not the case with DUbai Police.Yeah I agree every other police is a pain but Dubai Police is really helpful in breakdowns.Once a I was on emirates road with a couple of friends and had a busted tyre so we had stopped on the side for maybe a minute or two and the Dubai police showed up.They asked us about the problem and told us(5 'shebabs')to sit in their car while the two changed the tyre for us,we had a '97 accord with a 5-digit sharjah plate.

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 14 Jun 2009, 12:29 pm

well i guess being a girl has its perks, not that I need it but you get quite a few people helping out...even the police...so i wont complain :) not yet though

GT-T88urbo

Post by GT-T88urbo » 14 Jun 2009, 1:21 pm

Lets try and keep this constructive, wouldnt want any of ours members to get in any sorts of trouble with our site being monitored and all. And YES, thats true.

Jamool
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Mark II Chaser - Jeep Wrangler

Post by Jamool » 14 Jun 2009, 2:44 pm

GT-T88urbo wrote:Lets try and keep this constructive, wouldnt want any of ours members to get in any sorts of trouble with our site being monitored and all. And YES, thats true.
Yup yup, your right, lets just stop this to prevent any problems :D
Thanks for the sharing anyway everyone (Y)

GT-T88urbo

Post by GT-T88urbo » 14 Jun 2009, 3:59 pm

Jamool wrote: lets just stop this to prevent any problems
All i said was to keep this constructive, stopping wont resolve the problem.

inkedpiercedemo
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:97 eclipse GSX + 08 LancerEX gt

Post by inkedpiercedemo » 14 Jun 2009, 4:20 pm

my past cars and bikes have broken down on dubai's roads sooo many times...SZR..DXB SHJ road..almost everywhere..lol and every single one of those times i was helped by the men in green (and brown)..pushing the car or bike ..they even called a tow truck to help me...they were sooo kind..

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 14 Jun 2009, 8:28 pm

Wallah i dont wana say on dis topic... But jus u can think wat i had n am suffering wid dis dialog dat shj police never ever will help a normal pplzz accept local dey ill..

But i ill nt say bad abt dubai .. Dey r much better dan shj ....

.Zohair
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Mazda 6 [2005-Silver]

Post by .Zohair » 15 Jun 2009, 3:14 am

I'll tell you what happened to me and my friends in Sharjah when we went for Jet Skiing.

It was one hot evening when we finally reached our destination -The Jet-Ski Slipway- after hours of wandering around and driving all the way from Abu Dhabi via Umm-Al-Quwain and then Dubai. After being stuck in the traffic for almost four hours in total, been awake since dawn, almost at the peak of passing out. We required 6 Jet-Skies, 5 out of which were apparently rented from one stand (well, sort of) and he arranged the second one for us from some other. After brief inspection of the Jet-Skies (JK hereafter) we all hopped on each that was provided to us. We were given instructions and warned about the hefty fines that we might have to pay if we crashed either of the JKs and therefore we should play safe, "Fine!" we said. After one hour of playing around in the water we returned back. One of the JKs that had been rented from the other stand was damaged severely from one side. It was declared that the friend who had the custody of the JK had caused it. So began the series of arguments and accusations, the person (renter) whose JK was damaged started swearing to Allah, asking us to take oaths on the Quran. We were flamed! What else do you expect our expressions to be?! Anyhow the guy asked us to pay him 500 AED for the damage that we had caused. Of course we refused since we were sure that we hadn't done it and it was obvious that he was lying -since he had not filled in papers of the JK, he changed his statements when he was asked to show the dents it had before we took it and several other reason led us into believing that he was trying to mug us- and he constantly kept repeating and falsely claiming that he was a Local (An Emarati) and that we shouldn't speak to him with rough/high tone. Since our driving licenses/work permits/health cards were in possession of the renters, they asked us to pay or we can say Goodbye to all our IDs. Frustrated enough, we decided to call the police and ask for their help, support and assistance in this regard. The police came in, the officers firstly weren't able to understand what exactly we intended on telling them. We even asked the officers to resolve the matter as quick as possible since we had a long journey back to Abu Dhabi. They were not very convinced and asked us to go to a nearby Police station and that it may take time to solve this issue. We were confused, tired, and willing to go back as soon as possible. The guy was of course used to all these incidents and happenings and was ready to go to the Police station to fight for the accusation against him. Sharjah Police was unable to help us, what a shame we thought. You can have an idea about how it all went when the police officers never even came out of the car and were having all the comfortabilities in the world whilst we stood there sweating in the heat. After a bit of time wastage the police left us to a conclusion that we either stay in Sharjah for the next couple of hours (who knows how many it would have been!) or we paid the person an amount that he was willing to accept gladly. So not choosing to stay in Sharjah, we helplessly offered the person an amount of 200 AED which he promptly refused. After another two to three arguments and pleads we brought him to 250 AED. He accepted the amount and we got our IDs back, headed to our hometown, which by the way is probably the best place to live in the whole UAE; Abu Dhabi! Abu Dhabi, where justice is served in 80~90% cases. Where people don't feel like strangers when they come over from the other emirates. We will never forget this unacceptable and rude treatment that we got from these several animal-like people (excluding the police officers).

I know that the story does not relate to this subject as much but it was an incident that involved the police presence and their non conduct of duty at fullest and for the sole purpose their existence is required.

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 15 Jun 2009, 9:39 am

Too Big Will save some time and read :-D :-D