get me a turbo timer???? pls..

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
shay sean
UB Junior Member

Post by shay sean » 15 Feb 2006, 11:21 pm

hai guys ......its me once again.......how yu all doin......??? :)

yap i need to know if neone of yu hav a turbo timer with yu a used one ??

i think i need a turbo timer a used one (coz cant afford a new one)

if neone knows about it please lemme know........ :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 15 Feb 2006, 11:56 pm

A turbo timer is a little device that leaves your engine running at idle speed, to let the turbo cool down on both sides (turbine and compressor) and basically give oil the time and flow to lubricate all delicate components.

The worst thing what you can do with a turbo'd car (or an N/A car) is rev the engine high before shutting it down.

A turbo timer will let your car run for a preset time, and then shut down the car. It even "looks" cool, because you park the car and basically -forget- to switch off the engine.. When a person comes to you and says "hey man, your engine is still running" then it shuts down..

It will increase your turbo and engine's life capacity..

They are relatively cheap devices.. if you dont go for branded ones, you might be better off with getting a new one.. Though a good used one would do just fine. Maybe through sameer's contact you can get some..

Hope this helps,
Michael

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 16 Feb 2006, 7:20 am

sameer shud be able to hook u up with one bro, those are sensetive engines ... take care of it :-) also makes life easy for u in the morning, set the timer and go back to dressing up while ure engine warms up !!!

make sure u check your oil/water everyday bro, from the looks of it u seem to revv the engine very hard everyday !! and u say u want more top speed ?? eheheh dont torture that poor engine !! get a V8 !!!

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 16 Feb 2006, 10:18 am

I'll help you out with it Shay Sean.. If I happen to go to Sharjah, may be this weekend, I'll see if I can find one for you.

PM me your price range.

shay sean
UB Junior Member

Post by shay sean » 17 Feb 2006, 3:27 pm

i exactly dunno wat the price range is for a timer..... :)

sam try to get a good one and if yu find just lemme know thru my cell...
and i need to know wer to put a cool body kit for eclipse....try to get dat too pls....

+971507466413

dats my hotline......he he he :D

mikeh dat was a gud lecture....

albertho don worry am not torturin her anymore....... :) am plannin to modify some stuff on exterior....and yeah wen can we fix it??? :cry:

it is so horrible and dont feel like starting the car...... :cry:

i'll com to ur garage wenever ur freee.... :) just lemme know thru my cell
i think we will fix the oil shit too......

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 17 Feb 2006, 9:43 pm

heh heh my garage is my home ;-)

i'll call u up one day, we'll meet up n c whats up ... then go get the parts and do something. bit help up with work these days bro, will call u up for sure.