Help! Wanna change my car stereo!

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

n_e_h_a_d
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:LaNcEr GT 08

Post by n_e_h_a_d » 03 Feb 2010, 10:35 pm

Rogue, till when is the sale going on in Yellow Hat
Needed a DVD Screen for my car...

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 03 Feb 2010, 10:57 pm

Quatermile's gonna charge you alot,try going to Sharjah behind Yasmin Building.I just know Saqib Riaz there but I have a personal experience and they are really good,might be better then Yellow Hat when it comes to wiring and installation.I fixed my single din HU for AED 70 I guess,don't know about the adapter though.

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 03 Feb 2010, 11:13 pm

guys the offer is an OFFER which means somewhere along its a rip off ... sharaf dg will charge higher than the local market ... n quartermile will tell u tht u dont have this n that n this n that ....n so they end up charging u more ... u guys cud goto sharjah n get it fixed ... i have no experience there but i no there r some really good pros there or if u wanna get it done at SZR then car audio people r the right choice ... any1 going there ... pm me ...i'll b happy to help !!!

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 03 Feb 2010, 11:24 pm

Rogue wrote:guys the offer is an OFFER which means somewhere along its a rip off ... sharaf dg will charge higher than the local market ... n quartermile will tell u tht u dont have this n that n this n that ....n so they end up charging u more ... u guys cud goto sharjah n get it fixed ... i have no experience there but i no there r some really good pros there or if u wanna get it done at SZR then car audio people r the right choice ... any1 going there ... pm me ...i'll b happy to help !!!
Hey, dude, I really wanna get some info from Car Audio People, but for me, I work in Sharjah, and live in Dubai, and I was really busy today that I don't even get time to call them at all today. I went to Time square at 6:30, so I only get information from Yellow Hat and Sharaf DG...

Rogue, if you know something (location, contact person, working hours, etc.) about Car Audio People, please do share, I really want to have as much information as possible before I get it done, and I don't think I can take my original stereo any longer...

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 03 Feb 2010, 11:26 pm

n_e_h_a_d wrote:Rogue, till when is the sale going on in Yellow Hat
Needed a DVD Screen for my car...
I think Yellow Hat is participated in DSF, so it might end with DSF, I guess you have enough time :happy:

Rogue
UB Advanced Member

Post by Rogue » 03 Feb 2010, 11:27 pm

no offense ... yellow hats r the biggest rip offs in the country in MOST cases but i hear they r having some great offers for the racing seat etcs

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 03 Feb 2010, 11:31 pm

hehe, no offense to me at all, since I just went there today, and some of the car accessories are REALLY expensive!!

Rogue, please share some information about Car Audio People, because I will call or go there (if they open till late) tomorrow, better to get some information before I go.

Also, since I never deal with those car workshops in Sharjah, I guess Car Audio People might be my last stop for checking information.

Rogue
UB Advanced Member

Post by Rogue » 03 Feb 2010, 11:46 pm

u shud bargain ... n they r open till 9 ... but its better u got before 6 cuz thts wen ma man works out there !!!

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 03 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm

Yeh, will do that, a bit hard for me to get there before 6 though... cos I work in sharjah, and get off work at 5... do they work in fri and sat? and what name do I mention when I go there to get all the benefits? :happy:

http://wikimapia.org/14704633/Car-Audio ... on-bay-GWT
found a map here... just for me to get there...

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 04 Feb 2010, 7:28 am

Rogue wrote:no offense ... yellow hats r the biggest rip offs in the country in MOST cases but i hear they r having some great offers for the racing seat etcs
Hey Rogue, I would agree on certain part of that. So items are so unbelievable.

I have been sourcing certain items from yellow hat and those items have been very reasonable.
To be honest to all. Some of the simple items in yellow hat were sold at random price until yellow hat opened their stores. And I have a great respect to them for bringing in a store like a supermarket for car parts.

Once again I am saying, prices of some items are acceptable. Do your home work and then buy from the store.
So that basically means visit the store twice.

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 04 Feb 2010, 8:18 am

Neo wrote:
Rogue wrote:no offense ... yellow hats r the biggest rip offs in the country in MOST cases but i hear they r having some great offers for the racing seat etcs
Hey Rogue, I would agree on certain part of that. So items are so unbelievable.

I have been sourcing certain items from yellow hat and those items have been very reasonable.
To be honest to all. Some of the simple items in yellow hat were sold at random price until yellow hat opened their stores. And I have a great respect to them for bringing in a store like a supermarket for car parts.

Once again I am saying, prices of some items are acceptable. Do your home work and then buy from the store.
So that basically means visit the store twice.
Yup, I agree, for example, I saw some LED lights which are really small, and REALLY expensive!! But the things such as stereos and rims are reasonable priced~~ (personal feeling) :happy:

Neo

Post by Neo » 04 Feb 2010, 9:54 am

You need a Pocket for the single din.
plus a decent system upgrade.

If you plan well. Plan to drop your CAR in AUH and we will do the stuff for you.
:)

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 04 Feb 2010, 10:22 am

Neo wrote:You need a Pocket for the single din.
plus a decent system upgrade.

If you plan well. Plan to drop your CAR in AUH and we will do the stuff for you.
Since I don't know much about car modification, and still on research procedure, I surely don't mind to come to AUH, but please tell me what's the full name of AUH and the location/working hours, so I can pass by~

Neo

Post by Neo » 04 Feb 2010, 10:27 am

What i meant by AUH is Abu Dhabi!!! We r on from 9 am to 9 pm [2:30 to 5:00 pm (Break)]
If you can spare the car for couple of days, drop the car in Abu dhabi until the work is done.
This is the case for full system update.

And everybody is learning! LEarning until the last breath!! So you are like us and we are like you.

barryluo
UB Junior Member

Post by barryluo » 04 Feb 2010, 10:32 am

Neo wrote::)
What i meant by AUH is Abu Dhabi!!! We r on from 9 am to 9 pm [2:30 to 5:00 pm (Break)]
If you can spare the car for couple of days, drop the car in Abu dhabi until the work is done.
This is the case for full system update.

And everybody is learning! LEarning until the last breath!! So you are like us and we are like you.
Hehe, thanks for the info dude! I guess for now I will just replace my stereo, because for me this is the major and "consider as urgent" issue right now, I might just get it done in Dubai(cos I live in Dubai) this weekend. If I plan to further modify my car in the future, I will defiantly come over to AUH for more information and check up!