Speakers , Amp , Sub

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 20 May 2010, 12:39 am

Not that i want to promote my products I recommend you stay away from Swiss audio. They have closed down their business in US. I guess the left overs were sold for real cheap to elsewhere in the world. If you can get amplifiers, that would good. But dont go for the speakers or woofers.
I say you get them EArthquake DB12 subs. They look mean and can handle lot of power for lot less.
Else let me know your budget I will recommend something that fits.

So who is doing up the fibreglass enclosure for your car? You should know that each woofer requests for its own box/enclosure size for optimum performance. You build the box according to the woofer specs. :)
Otherwise you will have to find a woofer that will work fine in the enclosure.

I am here to help you. And I would like to personally work on you Z. Or the Infinity.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 20 May 2010, 7:59 am

The JBL is above my budget, sorry. So if I go for the kicker, will it be able to power my front 2 components and the sub, while giving me control over the bass from my HU?

Neo

Post by Neo » 20 May 2010, 9:40 am

The Kicker DX 300.2 can provide over 300Watts RMS into 4 ohm. (This is a two channel AMP)
Which means if you put a woofer that has 4 ohms Voice coil it will be sound great.
Or You can use two speakers and it will be really loud.
This woofer shouldnt be used to power two speakers and woofer at the same time.
If the JBL Amp is over your budget then I have run out of options for you with the items that I have got.
But you could always get the Kenwood 350W two channel Amp for AED 200 a piece. Use two, one for the Sub and One for the front two speakers. The amp isnt really good for a budget user.
You should run two pair of seperate RCAs from your HU to the AMPs. The front one and the Sub. So you can control the sub from HU.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 20 May 2010, 10:13 am

Oh. I hope Gulf Wireless/Car Audio know this, I'm planning to go to them today to get my current amp checked out, and then once I buy the parts from you, I'll ask them to do the reinstallation/rewiring.

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 20 May 2010, 5:26 pm

Neo wrote:Not that i want to promote my products I recommend you stay away from Swiss audio. They have closed down their business in US. I guess the left overs were sold for real cheap to elsewhere in the world. If you can get amplifiers, that would good. But dont go for the speakers or woofers.
I say you get them EArthquake DB12 subs. They look mean and can handle lot of power for lot less.
Else let me know your budget I will recommend something that fits.

So who is doing up the fibreglass enclosure for your car? You should know that each woofer requests for its own box/enclosure size for optimum performance. You build the box according to the woofer specs. :)
Otherwise you will have to find a woofer that will work fine in the enclosure.

I am here to help you. And I would like to personally work on you Z. Or the Infinity.
I know don't take me wrong, as i will be doing lots of things on the car so they are willing to sponser for everything except the headunit, you know how difficult to get sponserships here LOL

I have the amps from them already one mono and one 4 channel. Its not necessary i will go for their subs and components but will check their quality first.

So for the enclosure how it can be done do i have to leave the car in abudhabi for that? as i was thinking of making one under the rear strut bar, I know one person in alain who do fiberglass things never tried him but can do it, only thing is its easier for me to leave the car in alain

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Jun 2010, 9:32 am

Hey!!! I would like to correct my statement on swiss audio. Lets say I made a blunder due to my ignorance. Or you can say Swiss Audio didnt update its status as working. Recently we came to new terms with Swiss Audio and we are even carrying their line of products. They are currently for sale and I should be able to help.
So lets start this converstation all over again and tell me your current status.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 06 Jun 2010, 9:45 am

Neo wrote:Hey!!! I would like to correct my statement on swiss audio. Lets say I made a blunder due to my ignorance. Or you can say Swiss Audio didnt update its status as working. Recently we came to new terms with Swiss Audio and we are even carrying their line of products. They are currently for sale and I should be able to help.
So lets start this converstation all over again and tell me your current status.
:grin: Wouldnt it be nice if you would have listen before ...J/K

So how do you like their products? then get the installation done on the Z, just let me know if you can do the fiber glass enclosure? then we three can sit together you, me and mustafa

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

Sorry, No fiber glass for now as we dont have the required space or setup to start working on fibreglass. But that doesnt mean i cant get it done. It will be based on the actual requirement. If fibreglass is a must for this setup based on the evaluation, then we will do it. Else we will look at easier options that really sounds, looks, looks fine.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 06 Jun 2010, 10:10 am

Neo wrote:Sorry, No fiber glass for now as we dont have the required space or setup to start working on fibreglass. But that doesnt mean i cant get it done. It will be based on the actual requirement. If fibreglass is a must for this setup based on the evaluation, then we will do it. Else we will look at easier options that really sounds, looks, looks fine.
Ok coll enough, I will be done with the bodykit and exterior of the car by mid july, we can start then. I am coming with the Z to abu dhabi tomorrow, if you can time I can drop by, just pm me you contact details

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Jun 2010, 10:21 am

Excellent. first of all I can drool at your Z. Then we can discuss about your car. And also we need to discuss about other business that can help eachother. :)

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 06 Jun 2010, 10:26 am

will only possible when you will pm your number LOL

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 09 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

nice meeting you Neo, you were suppose to send me your email to mail you the pics :wink:

Neo

Post by Neo » 09 Jun 2010, 12:49 pm

Nice meeting you too, the discussion was informative and helpful. I have already send the email.
:razz:

doctorasim
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2010 mitsubishi nativa

Post by doctorasim » 23 Nov 2010, 9:45 pm

hey ozi.
how much is the kenwood HU u got??

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 23 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm

I got it for AED 479, from Sharaf DG. It's sold out across all their branches now, as it's a discontinued model.