Speakers , Amp , Sub

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Sy.
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Sy. » 07 May 2010, 12:12 am

Speakers , Amp , Sub wanted .... best place to buy in Dubai or i hear Neo is a good shout ....

I want to build a little install in the boot all stealth hidden away (easy really) .. and upgrade the front speakers in my Lumina SS

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2004 Subaru Legacy

Post by sr20det » 09 May 2010, 1:22 pm

Yep you should contact neo, he has variety of items that would definitely suite your application and budget.

call him or send him a pm. :wink:

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 16 May 2010, 8:18 am

sy,
Lumina can take 6 or 6.5 inch speakers in the front and back door.

If you are looking at excellent Sound setup which is loud and clear (Single woofer)

Options 1 (The best sounding)
Focal Front speakers
Focal Co axial in the rear
Focal Sub in the trunk.
A Five channel Amp like the JBL or Kicker.
Power wire kit + RCA

Option 2 (Almost the best)A step lower in price

Focal Front speakers
Kicker Co axial in the rear
Kicker Sub in the trunk.
Five channel JBL Amp.
Power wire kit + RCA

Option 3 (Decent setup) A step lower than the above
DLS Front speakers
Kicker Co Axials in the rear
EarthQuake Sub in the trunk
Five channel JBL Amp.
Power wire kit + RCA

If you want to go really loud, you need to forget the stealth setup and have a custom enclosure and a dedicated mono amplifier for the sub and separate 4 channel amplifier for the speakers.

It all depends on your budget. The options 1 is still a cost effective solution and the entry for the loud and clear car audio.

You can visit the my souq store for rough the price on the items.

And we can do installation, but we are in Abudhabi. For sub the stealth installation in you car will require custom box so that has to be done with your vehicle at our store.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 17 May 2010, 11:15 am

Hello.
I'm looking for a decent amplifier for my car, as mine got fried. I need to be able to control the woofer via my HU. Got anything interested? I'm planning to do my installation @ Car Audio btw.

Neo

Post by Neo » 17 May 2010, 11:35 am

Hello Ozi, well if your HU has RCA preout for the subwoofer, the amplifier input volume can be controlled from the HU. The newer branded Hu's like kenwood, sony, jvc, pioneer have pre out connection.
Your second options would be to have a mono amplifier that has bass boost control.
Amplifiers like the kicker zx750.1 has a remote control unit that can be mounted near the steering. its a volume control for the sub.

Match the subwoofer RMS to the Amplifier RMS power.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 17 May 2010, 12:30 pm

THanks Neo, I've got 3 pairs of Pre-Outs (i made sure of that when buying).

My Head Unit:

My setup:

My front components are Lightning Audio S4.65C, my rear 2 speakers are coaxial Kenwoods, I've got a 700w Pioneer sub in the boot, and a 600w JEC amp under the seat. My Head Unit is a Kenwood KDC-X7009U, with 3 pairs of RCA outs, Aux in, USB in, etc. Currently, the components and sub are connected to the amp, while the rear coaxials are connected to the HU. Since the time of the installation last year by those Hor Al Anz muppets, at high speeds, my speakers/tweeters whistle.

Neo

Post by Neo » 17 May 2010, 12:38 pm

Ah!! you got the components from SR20DET!!! Now i remember!
You hear the whining noise or the alternator sound right, especially when you press the accelerator.

Your HU is too good to make that sound, the next possible issue could be the RCA picking up the sound from the lines, like the main battery wires to the amp. Also it could be due to bad grounding on the HU or the AMP. If all of these are fine try connecting this to another amp.

You could also try reducing the gain settings on the amp.

You should be able to control the sub from your HU in this case as you have separate lines going to the amp.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 17 May 2010, 3:05 pm

Cool, thanks! Yeah, I fig'd it was because of bad grounding, if you saw what they've done with the cabling, you'd want to strangle them with it...and the wire between my sub and amp is regular speaker wire! I'm taking my ride to Car Audio one of these days and see if they can find out whether the amp is really blown or if its just the fuse.

If the amp is really blown, what are my options for the amp, and wiring kit? I've seen your stock on Souq, but can't figure out what to go for! :(

Neo

Post by Neo » 17 May 2010, 5:02 pm

You should really try the wiring kit that i have got on souq. It has the best price and quality of any 4 awg kit in the market. I can guarantee!!!
The amp depends on your application. Are you looking for an amp for your sub alone?

Then you should try the Kicker DX 300.2, good value for money. Over 350W RMS which is around 1200Watts peak in other brands sense. :)

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 19 May 2010, 8:45 am

I'll try to go to Car Audio today, and see what needs to be replaced, and I'll bid on your auction accordingly, thanks Neo! I need just one AMP, like my current setup, for my 2 front components and the sub.

Are these the right ones:

1) Wiring Kit

http://uae.motors.souq.com/4-Guage-Powe ... rch_paging

Or

http://uae.motors.souq.com/KICKER-PK8-A ... rch_paging

2) AMP

http://uae.motors.souq.com/Kicker-DX-30 ... rch_paging

Is this amp sufficient for my requirements? I'd rather not have 2 amps!

Neo

Post by Neo » 19 May 2010, 9:03 am

The 4 gauge power wire kit will do. Make sure they pull the wires from the battery through the same side of the car. If they cross the wires to the other side the length might be a problem.

Once again what do u plan on powering using the amplifier.
Speakers? Woofer? If so which woofer.

And UAEBOOST members will have special price at souq on most items. Just send me a message regarding your interest in any product before buying and I will let you on the best price. You select the option best offer and input the amount i mentioned.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 19 May 2010, 11:49 am

Thanks. The previous muppets I took my car to pulled the cable through the firewall.

Using the amp, I need to power both, the front 2 components and the rear sub. I have only one sub, the Pioneer 700w. And I don't want/never liked BoomBoom, I need clarity in my music.

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 19 May 2010, 12:04 pm

Neo my man :)

I need to do a setup in my Z, 6.5 components, double din, two 8 or 10' at the back

Neo

Post by Neo » 19 May 2010, 12:06 pm

In that case why dont you look at the JBL 5 channel AMP. One unit to power the front, the sub and even your rear speakers.... This will be a good option.
The Kicker DX300.2 is good to play the subwoofer and its only two channel. But the JBL comes with the wired remote control to be installed in the front near the system to control the sub. So you can increase, decrease even cut off the sub completely.

I would recommend this one. Excellent price.

@Docaam, Not an issue. You should compliment you vehicle with Focal Components in the front, single Focal sub a decent amp to power them all. You Z deserves it and it sounds awesome. Any reason for looking at two subs? And why 8 or 10?

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 19 May 2010, 12:13 pm

I need to make a Fiber glass console at the back so was looking for two small subs, can look into what you will reckon as well, What other you can reckon for the player and amps

I have one company swiss audio they are willing to sponsor me but im not sure about their product will show you when we will meet. Even if you use that I need some nice installation and headunit.