CHECK CD problem for my Audio

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mazda 3 Sedan 2008

Post by DuaneKier » 15 Sep 2012, 1:33 pm

My Mazda 3 has the factory fitted 6 CD changer audio system, and just a week a ago I had this CHECK CD message every time I insert CD's, tried with several CDs but it is the same, the CDs I tried are working in normal CD players so I'm very sure that the CDs have no problem.

Does anyone has idea what is the problem? my FM radio is working perfectly, appreciate if someone can help me out? Thanks a lot...

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 16 Sep 2012, 1:01 am

Try to listen if the CD is loaded as spinning. If you can hear the CD spinning and the lens trying to focus, try next step.

If the above doesnt happen, then prolly the loading mechanism is faulty.

If the CD is read but after a while it gives the error message. The try next step.

I am not sure whether the CD changer is CD cleaner disc friendly. But it doesnt hurt to try the cleaning CD. Keep trying it few times until the Disc starts to read.

Good luck

Knight Rider
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Honda Ek

Post by Knight Rider » 16 Sep 2012, 1:32 pm

May b their is problem with ur lense it may hav got damaged. it happened with me also.

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 18 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

Neo wrote:Try to listen if the CD is loaded as spinning. If you can hear the CD spinning and the lens trying to focus, try next step.

If the above doesnt happen, then prolly the loading mechanism is faulty.

If the CD is read but after a while it gives the error message. The try next step.

I am not sure whether the CD changer is CD cleaner disc friendly. But it doesnt hurt to try the cleaning CD. Keep trying it few times until the Disc starts to read.

Good luck
Hello Neo, thanks for your reply... actually I already met some technicians for the repair of my CD Player, but since you posted here about this CD cleaner then I tried my luck and bought one from Carrefour for AED20 and it works... I really appreciate your advice, thanks again...
Last edited by DuaneKier on 18 Sep 2012, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 18 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

Knight Rider wrote:May b their is problem with ur lense it may hav got damaged. it happened with me also.
Good thing for my CD is not that much damage as I expected, only need for some lens cleaning..