Custom Made A Pillars for Gauges

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Arniejj
UB Junior Member

Post by Arniejj » 28 Jan 2017, 1:33 am

Greetings all,

Im new to Dubai but not the car scene. Back home in London I spent a considerable amount of time modifying engines, especially with audi's and playing around with exterior and interior mods.

I'm trying to see where I might fit in here in Dubai, and one of my last projects in London before leaving was the making a custom made A pillar for 52mm racing gauges for my Audi A4. I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone who manufactured or produced them by hand over in Dubai. It's something Ive tried to look into but it looks like no one is doing it. I run a small side project of turning OEM A-Pillars into A-Pillars with gauge holders moulded into them, it's a lot of work but worth it.

Do you reckon something like this would catch on here in Dubai. I've seen fancy wrapped cars, but nothing about custom styling A pillars with gauges. Could you imagine a new market where A-Pillars were the latest craze and everyone was checking their cars into garages to get their OEM pillars swapped out? Okay I wouldnt go that far, but I might look into producing a batch for Mustangs, as I've always wanted a Mustang but back in the UK RHD Mustangs are very expensive while LHD from the US are cheap as dirt.

Let me know what you think I'll be popping along to garages in Dubai area over the next week to make contact too.

Sy.
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Sy. » 07 Feb 2017, 9:35 am

There will always be some people who want A Pillar Guages . The modified schene is not as big as UK but there is still lots of car clubs and meets etc. Best to get an example of what you can do.
I have a Scooby STI , i might be interrested in 2 guages on the A pillar . How long would it take to make ?