AUDIO SETUP

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 08 Aug 2006, 3:10 pm

xheartx77 wrote:u could install all this frm my audio guy ...

SAQIB RIAZ Tr. EST.
06 - 5387217
050 - 5866146
near SHJ CRICKET STADIUM

jus giv him a call n check wid him ... coz he's really professional at such stuff .. specific wiring n detailed connections ... thts if ur intrested .. :)
:o i hav heard abt him alot... this guyz shop is in YASMEEN building near cricket stadium. and i too think hez really professional cuz most of my frinds go to his shop.

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 08 Aug 2006, 3:35 pm

ALi wrote::o i hav heard abt him alot... this guyz shop is in YASMEEN building near cricket stadium. and i too think hez really professional cuz most of my frinds go to his shop.
yup ALI ur rite ... he's quite famous in SHJ ... i guess one of the best around :) ..

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 08 Aug 2006, 7:28 pm

xheartx77 wrote:
ALi wrote::o i hav heard abt him alot... this guyz shop is in YASMEEN building near cricket stadium. and i too think hez really professional cuz most of my frinds go to his shop.
yup ALI ur rite ... he's quite famous in SHJ ... i guess one of the best around :) ..
Hmm, if hes the one who worked on ur car... then hez pretty sensible guy...
Like i said, therez a code of conduct for good installers.
Its easy for one installer to know another one...
For example i did notice the wiring work in the car which i was impressed.

The only thing that really lemme down was the tuned port on the tube sub... But then i cant jst consider that.
He did a good job in installing the AMps under ur seat even though therez no space.

If this guy is going for the RF Amp kit, then he better be getting an expert bcoz it needs trained professional for the installation.
250Ampere aint a joke man...

dubaistyle
UB Junior Member

Post by dubaistyle » 09 Aug 2006, 2:23 am

Yeah a buddy of mine he has his shop in US, hez gonna be visitin me in dubai, hez bringgin all the stuff for me and installing it too, chk out his shop http://www.shakespeariencecaraudio.com, these guys are like west coast customs and ive seen his work, they have done some crazy stuff to their cars, they mostly participate in Car audio competitions and this yr also won the battle of the sound in Mid West 8)

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 10 Aug 2006, 2:02 pm

dubaistyle wrote:Yeah a buddy of mine he has his shop in US, hez gonna be visitin me in dubai, hez bringgin all the stuff for me and installing it too, chk out his shop http://www.shakespeariencecaraudio.com, these guys are like west coast customs and ive seen his work, they have done some crazy stuff to their cars, they mostly participate in Car audio competitions and this yr also won the battle of the sound in Mid West 8)
hmmm ... quite professional guy... anywayz buddy whoever u think better for ur car :)

n NEO thanx for ur comments . .. :) ... by the way ... NEO could do it for u also ... yea NEO ?? (proffesional enough )

Neo

Post by Neo » 10 Aug 2006, 2:49 pm

xheartx77 wrote:
dubaistyle wrote:Yeah a buddy of mine he has his shop in US, hez gonna be visitin me in dubai, hez bringgin all the stuff for me and installing it too, chk out his shop http://www.shakespeariencecaraudio.com, these guys are like west coast customs and ive seen his work, they have done some crazy stuff to their cars, they mostly participate in Car audio competitions and this yr also won the battle of the sound in Mid West 8)
hmmm ... quite professional guy... anywayz buddy whoever u think better for ur car :)

n NEO thanx for ur comments . .. :) ... by the way ... NEO could do it for u also ... yea NEO ?? (proffesional enough )
I wud love to handle it myself if i get a chance, I mean working on a project like that can give me hands on experience plus boosting up my image....

I think Xheart u said tat else where if i could start up something my own (vinyl etc)... Well i think i mentioned about it during this meet. My intension is nothing other than have my own business...
Dont wanna give up more clues or ideas.... Lets see where this all goes...

Good luck wit the installation.... I like deep long bass than SPL.....
And ur setup can be tuned for both...

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 10 Aug 2006, 2:54 pm

Neo wrote:
xheartx77 wrote:

I wud love to handle it myself if i get a chance, I mean working on a project like that can give me hands on experience plus boosting up my image....

I think Xheart u said tat else where if i could start up something my own (vinyl etc)... Well i think i mentioned about it during this meet. My intension is nothing other than have my own business...
Dont wanna give up more clues or ideas.... Lets see where this all goes...

Good luck wit the installation.... I like deep long bass than SPL.....
And ur setup can be tuned for both...
hmmm ... got u bro ... jus remembered ... u've got one customer already ... n yea jus tested the celica on the site .. hope my dad agree's :?

Neo

Post by Neo » 14 Aug 2006, 10:52 pm

Xheart!!!
So Far u have got the following, Why dont u update me on wat all wud u like to include in the setup. I remember that ur car has 8 speaker setup and already JBL subs including the amp.
Wat wud u like to keep and how wud like to expand in the future... Update me..
I am askin u this coz u cant have everything inside ur car, something has to stay and somethings has to go!!!

2 X lil wonder 4.480 Amps
NO. OF CHANNELS 4
RMS @ 4 Ohms (Watts) 60 x 4
RMS @ 2 Ohms (Watts) 120 x 4
RMS Bridged @ 4 Ohms (Watts) 480 x 1
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY (Hz) 20 - 20K

Lets Assume ur sub is
2 X Pioneer TS-W306C
Single coil,
1000W Peak output.
400W RMS @ 4 Ohms

I am not aware of the 10 inch Kenwood 320W speakers u mentioned. So please mention the model.

Fill in the rest and I will tell u wat cud be the best.

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 15 Aug 2006, 6:54 pm

ok .... thanx NEO for ur concern ...

i ll tell u know ...

1st the celica .... it has two speakers on each front door n a tweeter near the door handles n two speakers near the back seats on the sides ....n they'r connected to an amp hidden under the GLOVE BOX ... tht makes the total to 8 speakers

siresh ...the owner says ... he's lowered the bass settings for the speakers n the woofers coz the speakers cant handle much bass ... which means the speakers hav to be replaced ....

2ndly the celica has 2 woofers 1000w each .... giving a decent bass connected to an amp in the trunk ... donno the amp brand...

my cars setup u r familiar wid ...
4 kenwood speakers rear ... will get the model no. for u ... (ASAP)
1 kenwood 200w in each front door
2 woofers pioneer
2 sound stream amps
1 JVC DV 6108 DVD

ok now i will be shifting my woofers to the celica ... n mite keep the 2 JBL's also ... so tht will make it 4 woofers at the back ... my pioneers will be shifted wid a NEON (i mean NEONS in the BOX - glass type box) BASS BOX ... instead of the 2 TUBES ...n the celica already has each woofer in a seperate small box .... totalling to 3 boxes

box 1 wid a JBL woofer
box 2 wid a JBL woofer
box 3 wid 2 pioneer woofers (shifted frm primera with a box instead of tube)

dont wanna spend on the amps again so will transfer amps frm the nissan to celica .... n the JVC UNIT ALSO

now the point is ... i wanna check if i can replace the celica stock speakers (except the tweeters) wid my kenwood speakers ... i guess my 10' kenwood wont fit in the celica doors..

anywayz ... NEO ... i gotta check a few things out physically n will update u as soon as the car comes in my hand .. n then giv u a final list of all stuff i wanna fit ... n am lookin forward to ur help on this part ...

totally confused now ... :? but thanxx for ur help ...n would be better if u came up to the meet .. so whts plans .. comin :D ??

Neo

Post by Neo » 19 Aug 2006, 11:34 pm

xheartx77 wrote:ok .... thanx NEO for ur concern ...

anywayz ... NEO ... i gotta check a few things out physically n will update u as soon as the car comes in my hand .. n then giv u a final list of all stuff i wanna fit ... n am lookin forward to ur help on this part ...

totally confused now ... :? but thanxx for ur help ...n would be better if u came up to the meet .. so whts plans .. comin :D ??
Dude, I am waiting for ur update okay....
And I am not sure about comin to the meet...
I dont wanna miss it...

Plus going for 4 subs which is difffernt brands and watts wont acutally bring any benifit in sound quality. Maybe it mite get louder. But definitely not recommended.

This can be done if we setup differnt brand of subs for different frequency of bass which can get really complicated. A kind of 12db/Octave cross over.

Lemme know wat u want...

dubaistyle
UB Junior Member

Post by dubaistyle » 31 Aug 2006, 10:19 am

hey i decided i will be sticking to the original plan of the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 in front and Infinity 693.7i for the back, Infinity 7541A Amp, a Jl 1000/1 Mono Class D amp, and JL 13w7, now the only thing which is confusing me is powering this stuff, i think a 3 farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor, a Red Top Optima Battery, and an alternator should do the job, coz im mostly aiming for a high SQL and SPL, do u think ill fall short on power, please advise me some good companies for the alternator (so far ive come across Ohio Generator but they are quite expensive, i was considering getting a used alternator), and suggestions on improving the setup.thnx

Neo

Post by Neo » 01 Sep 2006, 7:46 pm

dubaistyle wrote:hey i decided i will be sticking to the original plan of the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 in front and Infinity 693.7i for the back, Infinity 7541A Amp, a Jl 1000/1 Mono Class D amp, and JL 13w7, now the only thing which is confusing me is powering this stuff, i think a 3 farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor, a Red Top Optima Battery, and an alternator should do the job, coz im mostly aiming for a high SQL and SPL, do u think ill fall short on power, please advise me some good companies for the alternator (so far ive come across Ohio Generator but they are quite expensive, i was considering getting a used alternator), and suggestions on improving the setup.thnx
Hey dude, Sorry for the delayed response, been a bit busy...
Glad that ur finally lookin at the installation phase.
In the last page i had described wat to look out for in ur installation.
However, lemme finalize.

Setup ur system for SQL, so its sounds really good and can be used for day to day purpose. SPL wont sound good to u plus its gonna make u deaf soon.

Stick to a Deep cycle battery. Like the Optima Yellow top D34 in Parallel combination.
If u can avoid playing music wit you car turned off, U can avoid the alternator upgrade, However.
If ur car is old, get the alternator checked and serviced (Replace the carbon brush and upgrade the cables runnin to and from the Alternator), also going for higher amp alternator of normal car wud help too.

Check for too much light dimmin issue. Even after this configuration and cold starting issue. Only then think about the alternator upgrade.

Hey dont forget, upgrade all the cables from Battery, the positive and negative to the same size, which means if u r going for 2AWG positive, got for same on negative battery terminal. Ensure good earthing to the body too.

Finally : Upgrade to better batteries, However wait and watch for Alternator upgrade. Incase u have doubt, tell me which car u have and the Ampere output of ur alternator (can be found in the manual).

Note: This technique is old school, before u switch of the car, accelerate for a min or two, lets say around 2500 rpm or less.... It will ensure charge to ur battery for a good starting next time.
:)

dubaistyle
UB Junior Member

Post by dubaistyle » 01 Sep 2006, 11:47 pm

hey thnx for the tip, i was initially going for red top optima gel battery, but now will be looking into the yellow top too, i got hold over a pretty good capacitor, it is 5 farad by Stinger, im just trying to avoid the alternator coz this thing has pretty much got me broke, i will keep u updated, thnx again :D

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 05 Sep 2006, 4:01 pm

Hey Neo !! this are da spec of my simple audio setup:

2 x 5" Boston Acoustic Front Speaker - RMS
2 x 6x9 Boston Acoustic Rear Speaker - RMS
1 x 12" Nakamichi Subs - RMS
1 x LiL Wonder 480 4 channel
1 x Alpine Headunit 50x4 watts

i must say im overwhelmed on how my brother setup my audio ... 4 Boston Acoustic was connected directly on da Head Unit and the Subwoofer is the only one connected to the Amp.

Neo my question is ... should i stick to RMS ? coz im planning to change my Sub ... and yea .. can a Dynamat remove the vibration of the trunk of my car :lol:

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Sep 2006, 1:22 am

WTF wrote:Hey Neo !! this are da spec of my simple audio setup:

2 x 5" Boston Acoustic Front Speaker - RMS
2 x 6x9 Boston Acoustic Rear Speaker - RMS
1 x 12" Nakamichi Subs - RMS
1 x LiL Wonder 480 4 channel
1 x Alpine Headunit 50x4 watts

i must say im overwhelmed on how my brother setup my audio ... 4 Boston Acoustic was connected directly on da Head Unit and the Subwoofer is the only one connected to the Amp.

Neo my question is ... should i stick to RMS ? coz im planning to change my Sub ... and yea .. can a Dynamat remove the vibration of the trunk of my car :lol:
Jst like u I am overwhelmed too, i jst like the boston front speakers, with the passive cross over. These component speaker system are jst awesome aint they.
I had done three installations recently including 1 today. The sound clarity is jst right. However lemme answer ur questions.
Ur setup is definitely simple but well chosen components, kudos to ur brother... hez is a pro... it shows
:D

Alpine HU's are good, they sometimes provide good output which is on par with good amps. However, 50W from the HU is jst 18W RMS approx.... So it wud be good if u switch over to an AMP. Lets say u use the Lil Wonder to power the speakers and a seperate amp to power the SUB

Power the speakers from the AMP. The sound clarity is bound to jump. But please check the watt rating on the speakers, since u didnt mention the model I cant check. Dont overdrive the speakers with more power from the AMP, it will reduce the life and even burn them out. Let ur bro handle it.
:wink:

Lil Wonder is 4 Channel, and ur jst using 2 channel of the amp to power the single sub. The other channel needs to be utilized. Hence i recommended using this amp for the speakers.
Personal Question : Wat is ur opinion about the Lil Wonder AMP, any issues, how long have u been using it?? I have been hearing complaints else where, jst double checking...

Go for a mono block AMP or 2 channel AMP with RMS rating equivalent to the Nakamichi Sub. Ur gonna love it.

Personal Question : I havent worked on Nakamichi and i believe it to be of good quality. Wat wud be ur unbaised opinion compared to other brands.

Anyways since ur planning to change the sub, which one wud u like to go for... are u planning Spl / SQ / SQL , i am SQL and SQ guy... lemme know which sub are u looking at. RF, Sound stream, JL Audio, Boston, JBL, Kicker and a lot more... Remember sub is jst half the job... the enclosure does the rest...
:P

Dynamat is recommended for quality sound output. Beyond the vibration sounding funny from outside the car, it also robs the output of the sub some times even sound cancellation occurs. The vibration is generated by the sound waves produced by the sub which is wastage. Intelligent placement of Dynamat and tightening and application of additional fixtures is recommended. For one particular installation, I went to the extend of fillin in the air gaps with wool dampner. The trunk was much heavier, but the sound quality made it worthwhile.

There isnt a rule book for this.. trail and error method for each car.... 8)

Hope i answered... Gud luck buddy...
:o

dubaistyle ::

Wat happened wit the installation... if it is done.. lemme know.. coz we will have a seperate topic for Interior audio setup, only for pics....
Plus : Red top is for normal use, Yellow top works better for car audio and deep cycle application.... gud luck.

Also WTF.. lemme know if u hav pics.. coz i will start a thread for that specifically..
8)