AUDIO SETUP

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 20 Feb 2007, 4:29 pm

I hope sum1 will reply to dis...

I am crazy bout sound systems..i luv bass....i was currently running on a old 1000watt poineer woofer with a 600watt kenwood amp...but i was not satisfied..i den decided to upgrade my system....so far dis is wot i got...

-2jbl 1000watt tubes
-1000watt kenwood mono amp (for both jbl tubes)
-2circle 250watt poineer speakers for the front
-2oval 300watt poineer speakers in the back
-600watt kenwood amp for the speakers and tweeters
-2poineer tweeters 150watts (i think)
-alphavision DVD touch screen head unit

2me it doesnt seem bad..n m gettin good bass..it shakes whoever is in da car wid me and i get good bass from outside da car....but the problem is clarity...my hole trunk and doors vibrate like netin which ends up giving me crap clarity....iv bin to shops here in qatar 2get it checked out...but no1 nos y?!...i personaly think the car needs to b sound proofed!!!...does ne1 have ne idea y dis is happening??..or is it bcoz of the trunk space tats in the car???..all dis is running on a honda civic!!..soo mayb tat could b the prob..the other thing is the Head unit...i dont got many options to play around with frequncys or wotever....i dont have a capictor either......

iv bin reading all the posts tat have been posted on this topic n it seems like der r ppl here wid experience...can u tell me wot i should doo..how 2 get the best clarity/?!?..wots a crossover..n iv i can replace my jbl woofers with other woofers with the same tube???..is tat possible??

i hope sum1 will reply to this and thanks for reading such a long post...thank you and salam :)

BIG-T

Arnie
UB Junior Member

Post by Arnie » 20 Feb 2007, 10:42 pm

Hmmm.....you must be talkin it terms of Max output instead of RMS value...but thats okay...since your mono block is 1000Watts which is more than enough fer your Tube.....

These could be your problems....
-Speakers not mounted properly:-
as you said...you might have to sound proof your car...probably only around the speakers....but also check if its mounted properly....also...check if other things in your car are Rattling.....but mostly sound deadning materials will work for this

-EQ settings are boosted to the max:-Instead of boosting your bass EQ....try "CUTTING" your Mid and High frequency....that way...your peaking your amps first.....but I always suggest to keep your EQ setting on your head unit flat....and just boosting your bass from your Amp itself...not the headunit....

-the Bass frequencies on the normal speakers are not CUT:- ..this is mosly overlooked when installing a Sub....they do not cut the bass coming into the normal speakers....this will also cause the speakers to JARR due to excessive power....since you have an amp for the speakers...Check if the speakers are on High pass filter....if not...Turn it ON.. :)

...you can put a cross over if you want to....but since you already have seperate amps fer your speakers....then you can just put a crossover from there....

so yeah...mostly rattles are caused be mounting issues,lack of sound deadning ...or excessive power from to the Input....

if the AMP Recieves Bad sound from the source (headunit)...it will Give bad sound to the speakers...

"Feed Garbage to the Input...and you will Get Garbage from the Output" :)

so Check if your HeadUnit is tuned properly...see if your not boosting your signals too much....

Hope that helped...if not....You have to Wait fer Neo :P

Arnold

galege1
UB Junior Member

Post by galege1 » 24 Feb 2007, 11:56 am

anybody knows where can i buy sound deadening material like dynamat or same?

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 05 Mar 2007, 1:03 am

Its been some time since i had been here and done any good posting.
Have few commitments which is keeping me tied up completely.

Well the sound pollution as i call it is a common issue which people over look.
Actually its a terrible situation because a huge amount of bass generated by the sub are absorbed and wasted by these rattling panels.

For your kind of setup, sound deadening materials are must.

Arnie is pretty much right about the settings.

I dont know who got this stuff installed.

I hope u have setup a port on the rear tray for a decent bass entry into the car..

Bring the Equalizer settings on the HU and Amp to medium state, then tuning based on ur listening experience would be the best solution for you.

Speakers does a great job in reproducing the sound, but the quality of them really makes a difference too.

As u said the bass is loud enuff for you, I wont talk about changing the subs since JBL does real good stuff.

But i still believe the subs are underpowered for I understand 2 JBL 1000W subs are powered by a single 1000W kenwood monoblock.
For me to be clear u need to give RMS values bro...

We used to fix rattling the old school way...
Filling cubby holes in the trunk with cotton cloth pieces or rag stuffs... so there aint any space for air to expand and form a chamber. It really works for i had done it plenty of times when sound deadener was not an option.

Speakers not mounted properly would be another silly reason, becoz not only will they rattle... the will also permit the sound waves in the rear to mix with the ones in the front... which will cause cancelling.

Check the amp connected to the sub,
The low pass filter should be ON
The Subsonic switch should be on
The filter should be set at approximately 70Hz cut off.

And on the four speakers the
The filter should be set to High (Not low or full)
Based on your listening pleasure tweak the Filter frequency to ur choice .

No point increasing the Gain control to the max unless you HU has a very low output voltage.

I think i have given out lot of info which could be helpful and maybe not.
Come back with your questions.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 06 Mar 2007, 2:10 pm

Thanks for the info neo....

so you think that my subwoofers are underpowerd??....over here the shop guys are like man you have a sick system. they dont advice me to put in another amp for the other wooofer. I think my 1000watt mono kenwood amp is given me around 240rms i think!? i cant confirm that yet....

I am still having all these probs with the rattling and stuff...and trust me it sounds horrible..makes the hole system sound like trash...sometimes i feel like throwing everything out....i will try 2 put in this cotton stuff in the trunk bcoz thats where all the rattling is coming from...and i will check the setting on my amp and fix it to what you said?

Does any1 have any idea where to get this sound dendening material from??i could really use it for my car!!..i think iv got alot of work going on?!....

at the moment my settings on my HU are completly off....everything is at the minimum...my amps settings for the freq is i think to the max,...however i should adjust that as well..please if there is any more advice please do let me noo...

ohh yaa another thing..i was thinking of changing my batterys bcoz the sound system is takin 2much power from my car!!..is it better to install a seperate battery for the sound system (ie 1in the back and 1in the front ) or just get a bigger battery in total....but will the bigger battery support the dynomoo?!...i dunno about that!!...i also dont have a capictor??..should i buy a 1farad capictor for my car and install it?!?...should i put in another amp for my 2nd woofer???....if i do that then il have 3amps in my car???...and whats a crossover...wot good will it do for my car???...please neo can you give me ur idea...again il tell u wots my setup!!..

-2jbl 1000watt tubes
-1kenwood 1000watt monoblock amp (this is running the 2woofers)
-2circles 240watt poineeer speakers (running in the front on a 500watt kenwood amp)
-2oval 300watt poineer speakers in the back running on the 500watt kenwood amp)

btw my kenwood amp for the speakers is REALY OLD...and recently i had a problem with the earth..i had to open it up n get it soldered....is it better i just get a new amp for that??..

thank you for reading guys..i hope some1 can fill me in on the info i need!!....thank you..

zahremoor
UB Junior Member

Post by zahremoor » 17 Mar 2007, 4:12 am

Hi, :)

I have a Fusion subwoofer "12 900 watts (FPW-1200).

Which amp and wiring do I need ?!

Thank U in advance....

Neo

Post by Neo » 22 Mar 2007, 11:18 am

Zahremoor
Your 900W Fusion sub is acutally 450W RMS capable.
Its having dual coil, each of 4 ohms effectively in series of 2 ohms.

So you can easily hav a mono block amp (Sub only amp)
with 400-500W RMS output at 2 ohms
Or you could have a 2 channel bridgable amp (Should have Low pass filter and subsonic filter if possible)
with 400-500W RMS on combined output at 2 ohms

Any branded wiring kit would do, recently I used monster branded cables and it was a real decent work.

=-------------------=-===================================

Tamu,
I know i am not helping much with my late reply... I have been real busy these days...
Three amps aint necessary in ur car unless ur really into this...
You can even take care of all this mess with a single amp these days.

Anyways... I really cant understand whats the problem with your car. I can if i cud have seen it.

Second battery aint a good idea bro... Replace the actual one with something with more amps rating.

Maybe ur alternator will die soon after upgrade, get it fixed in a reputed place and its gonna last real long.

Capacitor can also improve ur bass and quality but if ur earthing is all ruined i believe u need to start with the cabling all over again.

You can actually increase the output from the HU and reduce the gain on the AMP... rather than the other way out.

Be logical listen and feel ur car when its playing load, see where the sound is coming from, work on a plan to fix it. Listen to it with the trunk open, listen to it with low volume and songs with long bass... see wherez the problem.... See if there is unwanted leaks from the TUBE;s, incase of ported tubes, check if there is noise generated at the ports....

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 02 Apr 2007, 11:59 am

hey neo wasup man?!...thanks for all the help you gave!!...well i tried all the things you said..i kept all the settings the way you told me to...i adjusted to amp setting so that it suits me!!! however i have more questions :P ..

i recently came to dubia...(i live in qatar btw)...and i went down to some shops in souq naif and bought some things....soo this is what i bought

-AVT in dash DVD player (dvd,SDcard,ipod port,GPRS, and BLUETOOTH)..i already have a alphavision double deck DVD player but it sucks like anything so please my brothers no1 buy it...

-poineer headunit...i dont no which one i got but its amazing..it has soo many functions and all to get you the right sound quality that you need

-tsunami 2farad capictor

soo thats what i bought broo...now my question is this...i no AVT is not a well known brand...but its got amazing functions...now what i want to do is connect my AVT with my poineer head unit....what i basically want it to do is that whatever i play in my AVT player, the sound will input through my poineer head unit...this is possible rite???i think il need something like a relay rite??

next question...if you remember my setup which was 2jbl 1000watt tubes running on a 1000watt kenwood monoblock amp....now is a 2farad capictor to much for my system??..bcoz ppl here are telling me that its to much for a system like mine :S ...

and my last question i want to connect a additional 3rd 1000watt JBL tube!!!....ok soo what i want to no is that is it advisable to attach it 2my 1000watt kenwood amp which is running the other 2tubes??..or should i buy a seperate amp for it???..plus there is no ports left on the amp to fit another one in..so i guess it wont be possible...but others are saying it can be done???..if i do install a 3rd woofer which amp would you recommend??and how many watts should it be???

ok sorry that wasnt my last question.. :P ...i have another one that just popped in...ppl are telling me instead of putting a 3rd jble tube with a new amp and stuff...they are saying to buy a poineer 1000watt (or less) woofer and put it in a box and attach it with a seperate amp!!..they said if i do it this way it will give me to types of bass!!...1bass will b the bass that you get in the car..and the other will be the bass you get outside???...do you think if i put this woofer it would be a good idea.???..or should i keep it consistant and attach another JBL 1000watt woofer???

and last but not least i have aliminated all the excesive garbage noise that was comming from the metal in my trunk and door panels...it took me time but i am very pleased with it..thanks for telling me what to doo..it helped me out alot....btw neo i still havnt installed any of the new stuff..i am planning do it all at once...like install another tube or woofer etc!!..soo i need your input bro before i do anything..bcoz i dont belive any of the stupid shop owners here...they all just wana make money!!...lemme no what you think ...and THANKS FOR READING THIS LONG POST :D...

thanks and salam

Neo

Post by Neo » 02 Apr 2007, 11:49 pm

Watch this space bro.. u will have ur answer...
And please dont mess up things... i can really help u in this...

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 03 Apr 2007, 10:32 am

alrite bro il be waiting for ur reply!!!...please do hurry cz m anxious to start the work :D ..hehehehehe..thanks alot brother!!

Neo

Post by Neo » 04 Apr 2007, 1:54 am

I am on sick leave and really dont want to touch ma computer..
However I gave a second thought about ur situation...

Glad to hear u were shopping around...
Should hav given me a hint that u had such plans...
Anyways lets hit the nail hard... so it never sticks out... :)

-AVT in dash DVD player
I hope u got this one right... i mean the last one sucked.. didnt it?? Wat about these... Have u tried them yet?

-poineer headunit..
Funny thing is, u brought something and u dont know which model...
I hope it has enough audio out and audio in ports.

-tsunami 2farad capictor
Tats a good choice... more means better... :P

Normally when people pick up In dash players and a separate HU, they make sure there HU has a audio in/ aux in port at the back. So u can actually select the aux in to send the Indash players stream to the output of the HU.
(Which means ID players sound output would go into the input of HU, the sound output of ID player must be pre out and not speaker out. OTherwise we will have other complication.)

The only reason why people dont go for big capacitors because they are expensive and pointless. I meant pointless because, there is always a power to storage ratio. You wouldnt gain anything beyond a particular ratio. But 2 farad aint that big. It will give u a decent output from your amps. Trust me. Half of the people dont know what they are doing and what they are talking. :) However I hope you are already having a decent wiring kit in place. Because all this would rot if u aint got the wire to provide the juice to the capacitor and amps.

Woah, U mean to say u want to plug in three subs into a single amp.
First of all you wouldnt gain any performance from the subs.
You are actually going to increase the load on the amp.
(If your going to connect it in parallel to the existing subs, the impedance will go low and amp will overheat and even get damaged. If you are going in series the impedance will increase and the overrall performance will go low.)
Your amp aint good enuff to do that kinda magic. U wanna have all this rocking.. why dont u get a fosgate or JL Audio amps... High power and low impedance (Like Max power at 1 ohms load).

Truely speaking.,
ITs not the watts that matter, you can connect 10 subs to an amp and it will work, but dont ask me how long. When u connects subs in parallel wiring, the resistance of the whole circuit goes down, the amps sees the speaker circuit as short/direct (Due to low resistance) and it will damage the amp. Dont do that....

You will end up in bigger mess by mixing subwoofers and different amps. If your gonna have another amp... make sure you have an amp powerful enuff to drive these subs to the max excursion and handle the load.

I can have the same spl from a single sub which u create mite with 10 subs. Its all about the power delivered and the excursion of the sub cone. You can see some excellent subs have good excursion and that makes them real cool. It is the movement of the cone or the distance at which these cones can move... huge difference..
If i were you, i mite ditch all these subs. Get a heavy subs from JL Audio. W7 series and have a custom ported box. I swear u will swear too when u listen to it.

Recently I did an installation in a Jeep Cherokee... I havent been more satisfied with any other work....
It wasnt the loudest or spl system i had build to date, but it was clear and the work was neat... The sub was from JL audio, a normal one. But doing the math, the custom box ended up takin up most of the space in the Jeep, so you can imagine the size.

I am saying this because, u need to know, the enclosure plays one of the major roles, and even filling the box with 3/4th cotton wool will make a huge difference. Dont get me wrong here, bigger box doesnt mean better system.

So I hope i have answered it correctly.

The third sub wud give negligable or no performance because the amp is not producing any more power than it is already.

The Head unit must be having aux in or audio in to support external device, ie ur in dash dvd player.

Changing or replacing the whole tubes and subs with something better is advice but if u cant do that, you can still go ahead and change your amp. An amp with more output can really improve the performance.

The capacitor you brought it really cool, would will have fun with it.... Time to change ur kenwood mono block to something else....

Take care... Keep posting.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 04 Apr 2007, 9:53 am

Nice reply man, UAEBoost needs more people than you.

Get well soon (unless you are not really sick, and just on a sick leave :) )

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 04 Apr 2007, 11:22 am

woohhhh..to much data info...well neo i will take what you said into consideration...and just for your information i was sure what i bought this time.. The AVT in dash DVD is sick!!...it has amazing options...the Poineer HU is the latest HU in the market for poineer..it has 4ports in the back to connect the amps...it has a aux so i can configure my AVT with that...soo thats not a problem at all ...the HU and the AVT are exactly what i was looking for

now for the amps and woofer and capictor.....im glad that you liked the capictor..i was afriad i was being stupid when i bought it..but thank God i was wrong...as for the woofers...well m pleased with the TUBES..i no there not that great and all but they give nice bass...i went to a shop here in qatar..they had JL audio woofers...it was amazing...but it was way to expensive!!..il see what can be done!!.....i am definatly gonna change the amp..cz i am sure my tubes are under powereed...

NEO THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BRO..that was some amazing INFORMATION....when my setup is complete i am going to put up picks of the system!!..WISH ME LUCK...

Neo

Post by Neo » 04 Apr 2007, 11:36 am

Sure buddy u need to put up the pics.. tat wud be my payoff...
There is another thread to include the pics..

Mike... i am seriously not well.. lol..
But does tat stop me from working.. i dont think so..
who the F discovered secure VPN.. lol.
I am on remote desktop...
:(
Wat a sick leave.... :(

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 06 Apr 2007, 12:39 am

Neo wrote:who the F discovered secure VPN.. lol.
Those that didn't believe that there Automation / IT section should work harder for their dirhams!