AUDIO SETUP

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 01 May 2007, 9:06 pm

hey neo wasup!!!....i got another annoying list of questions to ask you...my brother has suddenly gone ko-ko and wants to compete with me in sound systems!!...i dont want to compete cz its my brother..soo instead i am gonna be a good sport and help him out!!...since he is a kid and doesnt have much cash he aint going all big and stuff...so this is the plan i laid out for him...please dont mind if i dont provide RMS raitings, even though its important for you!!!

so here i go:-

-3 poineer 1200watt champion edition woofers (i think each woofer gives around 380RMS)

-3 kenwood 1000watt mono block amps (i think its giving around 350-400rms)

-2 poineer 460watt oval speakers

-2 poineer 240watt circle speakers

-2 poineer 180watt circle speakers

-2 poineer 180 watt tweeters

-1 kenwood 640watt amp for the 6speakers

-4 tsunami capictors 1farad each

i no its kinda to much but hes like i want extreme within a budget..so this is what i thought of ...everything is just about fitting his budget HUMDILLAH :D ...there is no need for the 4th capictor for the amp connected to the speakers but he wanted it!! :S ..the woofers will be housed in magna box's (i dont no if you no what those are...thats what we call them here)...

his HU is going to be the HU i was telling you about earlier, with the 6.5volt pre-out!!...no DVD player or anything yet...

ok so thats what we are planning to buy!!....he wants to fit all this into 2005 toyota camry...the camry has a huge boot in the back..so space is not a problem...he can also fold down the back seats if he wants to..so letting the bass out wont be a problem...

so my real question now is ...will his battery support 4amp's :S ....his battery is giving out 55ampere (i think thats how you spell it) ...i got an estimate for installing a second battery in the boot... and the estimate was comming out to be around 2500qr...i dont no what to do now?!?!?..should i scrap it and get somthing better!!...please let me no what you think of the stuff i am installing!!!....will the battery support all this??..will this system kick @$$...???...

REALY APPRECAITE YOUR HELP BROTHER..you been very supportive!!...Salam

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 02 May 2007, 10:42 pm

No problem!!!
Are you serious he is your kid brother Not your enemy!! lol!!!
The setup is cool. Six channel huh!!
Interesting too!!
RMS rating is very important when you talk about the sub and mono block amp.
For the others it isnt that important unless you are looking at SQL system....
Tamu wrote: -3 poineer 1200watt champion edition woofers (i think each woofer gives around 380RMS)
You know first time i read i didnt really see the 3 pioneer subs...
I was wondering in the end where did 4 amps come from...
You really want to have three subs???
It would increase the SPL if done correctly.
But then you can actually go for a single High power long excursion sub.
Its your call!!!
Tamu wrote: -3 kenwood 1000watt mono block amps (i think its giving around 350-400rms)
Man you are really crazy to have three subs laid out in a car, sure to screw up your bros ears... i promise you on that one.. remember.

Three mono block amps???
Unless you are doing a custom trunk for the car, it would looks messy...

Again I recommend have a high power sub and high power amp instead of having three. With more devices you are increasing the probability of failure.

I mean i am not against. Jst showing you what could go wrong.
Please make sure you have the right enclosures for the subs.
Ported ones would make things much louder.
Tamu wrote: -2 poineer 460watt oval speakers

-2 poineer 240watt circle speakers

-2 poineer 180watt circle speakers

-2 poineer 180 watt tweeters

-1 kenwood 640watt amp for the 6speakers

-4 tsunami capictors 1farad each
Actually i am not looking at the details of the speakers...
Coz we are looking at lotsa noise.
Six speakers three subs... sounds like a competition car except it needs to be done in a professional way.
Seriously the numbers of subs are increased to increase the SPL in Such competitions. Or in Demo cars.
By the way is the Kenwood amp having six channel out.
Tamu wrote: i no its kinda to much but hes like i want extreme within a budget..so this is what i thought of ...everything is just about fitting his budget HUMDILLAH :D ...there is no need for the 4th capictor for the amp connected to the speakers but he wanted it!! :S ..the woofers will be housed in magna box's (i dont no if you no what those are...thats what we call them here)...
I kinda like this, would like to see how this finally looks and sounds. Man ur one caring brother... :)
Obviously the installer would know what to do with 4 caps, he will connect it parallel to give a total of 4 farads. :)
This is going to be crazy...
Tamu wrote: so my real question now is ...will his battery support 4amp's :S ....his battery is giving out 55ampere (i think thats how you spell it) ...i got an estimate for installing a second battery in the boot... and the estimate was comming out to be around 2500qr...i dont no what to do now?!?!?..should i scrap it and get somthing better!!...please let me no what you think of the stuff i am installing!!!....will the battery support all this??..will this system kick @$$...???...
UR answer.
With this kinda setup, I promise you your battery would die soon.
Coz ur gonna show off the system and its gonna put lotsa stress on your electricals.
Capacitors will really help but then i say u go for a battery with higher amp rating.
Dont think you will be fine because your battery wont show any problem for the first few days or weeks based on its current status.
One day u might find the battery totally dead and you are stuck somewhere..
Installing battery in the trunk is messy, You really dont need to go there yet..
MAke sure they do proper wiring with distributors and earthing.
Ur messing with lot of power and any short circuit can put your car on fire or even those capacitors can work as a bomb. Remember.

70 Amps battery would be a good option coz you alternator can take the load.
Make sure you have a better earthing from the battery to the body, a thicker cable for that one.
You would need real thick cables for the wiring.
Make sure u have fuse 18 inches from the battery.
And the power distributor should be a good one with fuse.

Hope I have answered u!!!
Inshallah best of luck

Neo

Post by Neo » 12 Sep 2007, 1:19 am

ELEANOR!!!!

So I understand you want a boom box setup in your civic.
If you look back in these pages you would see the suggestions i had put forward to TAMU and i believe he has a wonderful setup.

He selected the stuff and he did it wisely I was only answering his doubts.

So we have a starting point.

Now once you have read through the details let me know your budget and your listening pleasure.
Tell me about what you are looking for and what kind of music do you listen often.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 12 Sep 2007, 11:03 pm

neo can you explain me the concept of soround. remember my earlier setup in my civic..the p212 fosgate and the p600 fosgate amp???...

well i sold that car with the system and now i am in canada.i bought a civic hatchback..u should go and see it in the members gallery btw

anyways i buoght the p2d2 or something like that..cnat remember the exact number but it's putting out max 500rms. and i bought the p325amp (this is all fosgate btw) and the thing is that when i had the stronger system in my old civic it didnt sound as good as this new setup... :S ..i just dont get it why...i think its maybe to do with the soround thing and the fact the car is all closed!!..gimme ur opinion bro!

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 12 Sep 2007, 11:06 pm

hey neo ....
thnx for the fast Reply .... thnx dude

well i dont know much about sound systems - but i want something tht would make glasses vibrate of the cars parked next to me ... lol ... so i mean by some powerful stuff... But Neat overall.

i listen to alot of pop, R&B... and quite alot of trance, club, psychellicdelic trance n stuff like tht...the real bass music...
well im gonna read this stuff n let u knowmore....
thnx neo ...
SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 13 Sep 2007, 2:25 am

i could help you on what you need...like give you a opinion.

1st of you need to no what your budget is!!!..2nd thing dont go to some cheap place..3rd thing dont go over board...what i mean by this is that look at ur car..see how much space is there in ur boot and take out couple of fat bills

my best bet is to go for 1of the following rockfard fosgate, JL audio, Kickers etc

iv learnt alot from neo so basically il give you my idea of the perfect system alright. but be aware i am in love with fosgate soo i only use those now..even my new system in canada is a fosgate

HIGH END SHIT

1 fosgate T215D4 woofer - gives you 1000rms and 2000watt peak (cost 3000 dirhams without box)
1 fosgate T10001bd amp - gives you 1000rms which is more then enough for this woofer (cost 3000)
you need proper fat @$$ wiring for this. i prefer monster cabling, they are fat and well known in the audio world
you will definatly need a capictor.i think for a system like this atleast 5-10farads (correct me if am wrong)
and then you should look into battery, bcoz this system will drain battery. you need a proper box for this make sure you get it down exactly, every air space matters in the box.

now with the spec i gave you, you can double it as well by adding another woofer and the T20001bd which will give you 2000rms. in the future i want to put this system. iv already decided man what i need so now you decide. this could cost you well into the range of 6000-10000dirhams. remember its not just the woofers and amps, you also need speakers. now like neo said speakers just make distortion right??.if it was me and i was trying to cut some money here and there i would go for poineer's preferably the yellow ones. sorry i am not specific but poineer has speakers that are made of a cavilar material or something and they look yellow. if you want good stuff i would go for boston speakers. right now they are the top and i realy like them myself. i put those in my car and they please me well :D ..yes u can add a amp for the speakers but doesnt have to be that expensive..get a nice kenwood amp for the speakers

then you need a Head Unit. i wuold say stick with poineer on that. please dont go for the cheap fake DVD screens that everyone is putting. there not bad or anything but i also bought 1 of those once and they dont give u proper sound quality you no what am saying??...

bro my best bet is go online and see what is there to offer.. a starting point would be http://www.rockfordfosgate.com check it out and see what they can offer..remember the installation would be the most important thing...wiring is a big key on this..if you go cheap on wiring you will not get good bass from your woofer. with a system like mentioned above you would definatly need DYNAMAT which will stop ratteling in your car...

doo your research and see how deep your pockets go.. bro this shit is addictive..i am addicted to sound systems..even if i install the above thing after a while il want more..so be careful!!..

tamu

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 14 Sep 2007, 11:34 am

Tamu .... THANKYOU so much for tht explanation...

i must say - ur a fosgate lover.... hehe nice...
well im not looking to go really tht expensive on sound.i do want some good sound in my car but i woudnt put tht much money into it.id rather put it into my engine.looking at those prices n setup's mayb afterall i dont want any cars glasses to vibrate.lol ...
Tamu, NEO :
right now in my car iv got my 2 front pioneer stock speakers and iv added like along time back, a pair of pioneer's for the rear.they sound great..... their really amazing.the bass on them r amazing as well.... im happy right now with wht i have right now, but i woudnt mind going a bit more , like just an amp and a woofer.mayb tht would be enough.i have got another 2 pairs of speakers....forgot wht their called, but their pretty reputed around. their the size of my door speakers, n their yellow.
i need to do some Cutting on my rear door to Fit them, so im gonna have to find out whose good at tht as well....
i would prefer JL woofer's .... as iv heard alot about them, but i dont know much about this so let me know what's the best woofer's around ??? yeh i think i would go for the monster cables as well.

thankyou, guys....
waiting for ur replies .....
SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 14 Sep 2007, 11:06 pm

buddy JL audio comes in the same range as fosgate, kickers alpine etc!!

i think if you have around 1500dirhams you can get a decent fosgate amp and woofer!!!...try to get whats your budget, then you can decide what you want to buy and everyone here can help you. definatly stick with monster cables. and dont need to add anymore speakers buddy.. i think 4 speakers are more then enough. again you dont want bass from the speakers unless its comming out clear..if its comming out all shitty and stuff then try to get less bass out of the speakers!! so dont plan on adding a 3rd set of speakers. as for cutting, its a dirty business, but if you have to do it then do it!!!....

anways best of luck bro...post up the pics when you have completed your project....adiousssssss

Neo

Post by Neo » 15 Sep 2007, 1:06 am

Trust me guys..
I had a huge reply typed as a response and somehow the page got refreshed and i got pissed...
Damn, I dont even remember wat i put in there...

Tamu u got lotsa experience now and i can see that from your words...

I will put in a suggestion tomorrow.. :)

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 15 Sep 2007, 10:17 pm

thnx tamu ....
i guess 1500 should b ok .... but i woudnt like to go cheap even if i didnt have tht much cash.id rather wait till i get some more cash n buy some worthid stuff...
yeh i will definitely go with Monster cables.... my rear pioneer's speakers gives out quite alot of Bass... n their pretty good...
wht cables would i need for this full setup ???
neo ur a good teacher.....
would love to learn myself....

SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 16 Sep 2007, 1:53 am

yaa your right bro.. just wait and save money so you can buy something that you will be happy with. but listen you will never be satisfied. i am telling you its a weird addicition. you'll always want more bass !!..loool..

all you need is a monster cable kit..it cost i think 250 or more but it has everything for your amp wiring..try to get around 2000dirhams and drive to HSV..they will hook you up with something tight trust me!!

right now i am running a fosgate P2D212 woofer and a P325i amp...monster cabling for the amp. it runs fantastic, but make sure you get a proper box!!..i think if you to HSV they will have original fosgate boxes with the woofer already in it so its better then getting a custom made box....

GOOD LUCK

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 16 Sep 2007, 9:19 pm

Tamu wrote:yaa your right bro.. just wait and save money so you can buy something that you will be happy with. but listen you will never be satisfied. i am telling you its a weird addicition. you'll always want more bass !!..loool..

all you need is a monster cable kit..it cost i think 250 or more but it has everything for your amp wiring..try to get around 2000dirhams and drive to HSV..they will hook you up with something tight trust me!!

right now i am running a fosgate P2D212 woofer and a P325i amp...monster cabling for the amp. it runs fantastic, but make sure you get a proper box!!..i think if you to HSV they will have original fosgate boxes with the woofer already in it so its better then getting a custom made box....

GOOD LUCK
thnx tamu .... i visited tht guy along time back... mayb a week back. his name was Bonnie.he told me to bring my car in n he would take a look at it.i havent gone back but i still gotta go there n show him my car. if i do buy anythng... i would love to get a JL woofer though... arent they better than fosgate ??? i will let u know wht he recommends me getting... n then u n neo can let me know if tht would b good for me.....
thnx guys
SD -

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 27 Nov 2009, 11:20 am

Hey guys, i just got the old 626 from my dad for daily driving and need help in getting music in there. It still has factory cassete player, and only one speaker that works and just makes noise. What i need is to install good headunit that plays MP3. Dont need any bluetooth or usb stuff. And all new speakers that are a bit better than stock.

I wont bother to install anything by myself so need a place that will do good job with warranty. And preferably that accepts credit cards. :D

Thanks

Dxbiano
UB Junior Member

Post by Dxbiano » 28 Aug 2011, 12:35 am

Hey

I bought a system from a friend so I wanna check if I need to get another thing

The system contains :: JBL tube 1000W

Multi Channel amplifier 1000W

1 kenwood speaker

So do I need to buy something else ?? :|

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 28 Aug 2011, 1:15 am

Congratulations on the epic thread revival. What exactly do you plan to do with one SINGLE speaker?!

I would be more interested in where you plan to mount it. lol