Underbody Neon lights

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

Right Kinda Neon Lites are really cool

I agree (It looks cool)
79%
I disagree (I hate neons)
21%

Total votes: 33

sara85
UB Junior Member

Post by sara85 » 01 Jul 2006, 7:21 pm

juz7869 wrote:hey i have the pic of streetglow car picImage
i like dat car!!!!

juz7869
UB Senior Member

Post by juz7869 » 02 Jul 2006, 12:25 am

thanks sarra

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 17 Sep 2006, 9:28 pm

At AL FAIN acces... shop in shj ......they are charging dhs 250 for 4 tube lights ..underbody...blue colour but without guarantee !!!
this new trend luks kewl....lights on the tyres !! :) wheres auto plus located ?!?! do they give guarantee also ? and wheres top secret workshop in RAK located ?

tezka64
UB Dedicated Member

Post by tezka64 » 17 Sep 2006, 9:32 pm

juz7869 wrote:hey i have the pic of streetglow car picImage
nice car. ;)

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 19 Sep 2006, 10:02 pm

thats the light i am talkin about and wich i love...does autoplus hav this kinda lights ?!?!!

tezka64
UB Dedicated Member

Post by tezka64 » 19 Sep 2006, 10:05 pm

does it glow?

naushal
UB Junior Member

Post by naushal » 25 Oct 2006, 5:01 am

As far as i an concerned, having neon lights is quiet illegal and would face problems during registration.

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 29 Dec 2006, 4:31 am

Hammood_Junooni wrote: wheres top secret workshop in RAK located ?
its located on the straight road from nakheel and q-rak towards mamourah...
right opposite indian assosication near al mamourah police station...

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 18 Jun 2008, 10:52 pm

I spoke to a cop once and he told me neons are not allowed because usually people who have them have lowered cars .. and its illegal coz if the car goes over a hump and the neon tube breaks .. it'll leave debris on the road. I looked at him in disbelief .. that can't be the only reason! :-(
Oh and am i the only one who voted that I hate neons? *grin*

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 18 Jun 2008, 11:04 pm

I would argue:

- the debris is actually the only major reason for neon lights to be illegal. The cops can easily argue that the broken glass/plastic etc. could burst tires etc. which sounds weird but is justified by them and no one can question that. The same reason also goes for cars that are extremely low. Bumper damage due to humps can leave debris that could damage other cars' tires.

- neons are a distraction! > can lead to accidents due to sudden distraction. Period.

Edit: Though, for me, neons do look cool... in parking lots, dark places, car shows and ofcourse, in pictures! 8)

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 18 Jun 2008, 11:17 pm

I see ..

I also see billions of tyre remains on emirates road everyday that can damage and cause serious injury. Car got scratched twice ..

And about cars that are extremely low .. I heard that when extremely low cars go over humps at fast speeds, there is a major chance that the car may overturn. Thats why they say its illegal. Fact or fiction?

But then again .. why is it legal in the states? So is neon .. and a thousand other things. Am i dreaming?

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 18 Jun 2008, 11:25 pm

Correct me if i am wrong but in North America neons are only illegal if they come in blue and red bcoz they are the colors the police, ambulance and fire dept use. Debris left behind from broken neons might be a reason for banning them, however if installed properly in the correct places they wont shatter no matter what speed bump you go over. the main reason which i think the neons are illegal are bcoz if wired in correctly OR come in contact with water it can cause a short circuit which can lead to FIRE. I have red not once but many times of cars catching fire from neon lights.

Salsaboi you are totally correct about debris damaging your car, and if UAE law is banning neon lights bcoz the fact it can damage other cars, then they should ban tires on our cars as well, lool :D ...

i like neons if they are done properlly like on NEO's car. I am more of a fan with neons inside the car rather then outside, but hey thats just me :D ...

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 19 Jun 2008, 8:14 am

Its been a year since I installed the street glow Gold series Cool blue neons in my car...
Several times i have scrubbed the side and bottom... I just jump out and check if my neons are broken. Fortunately my car has a location underneath to install neons safely. I hope nothing happens in the future inshallah

And its my pride to smoke others whoz got underbody kit becoz no other kit is as bright as the street glow gold series. (There are brighter kits which are expensive).

Normally in the evening i keep the neons and drive around in the city.

In several occasions the cops have seen me in the city. Once a cop parked his car beside mine in the signal and i was working the neon in audio mode.. so it was blinkin to music... and he was smiling... I switched it off when i saw him looking.

Another occasion recently i was coming back from dubai late nite.... i have done few interior and audio lighting that can be see from the car following me... I see a cop behind me.. he flashes his lite and switches on the sirens.. I felt i am screwed... i switched off the lights and slowed down to the side... Then he let me go as he slowed down completely. So i dont know whether he was offended by the neon stick which is visible from the back windshield or the underbody glow.

Underbody neons kits are a distraction and people install it in what ever way and color they want... So sometimes the tubes are visible which is an eye sore. Sometimes they break. Neons unlike led kit used high voltage transformers (6000 - 10000 volts) and bad wiring could let to potential shocks during rain.

Actually having Blue leds in the front parking lights and underbody kit has the same law effect. Both can be irritating.

Many branded Leds kits having multiple colors have a mode where the glow becomes white in the front, amber in the sides and red in the back to be on the safer side.

SALSABOI
UB Senior Member

Post by SALSABOI » 19 Jun 2008, 3:22 pm

So to summarize ..Even if it looks good, cheap stuff could lead to pollution and serious injury but you get fined anyway. Dubai lives! :p

lime
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:2009 Lancer GT

Post by lime » 19 Sep 2009, 11:26 pm

i bought a neon kit from a random shop for 150 dhs and they worked for a week , then i bought them agian for 150 and they burned agian , so i gave up , i heard YellowHat has something good , and they have over 1,000,000 colors! but pretty expensive