JBL or LIGHTNING AUDIO??

Audio/video systems, electronics, GPS, seats, fabrics etc.

Moderator:Neo

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Tiburon 2004

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 12 Apr 2009, 9:54 am

hey people,
what brand do you think is better for both subwoofer and amp???
lightning audio or jbl??
i want the complete audio setup to be one single brand, which shouldnt be pricey, but average.
:)
thanks guys!!

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2004 Subaru Legacy

Post by sr20det » 12 Apr 2009, 12:12 pm

If you ask me, you won't go wrong with either of the two. It will be just a matter of how much your budget will be.

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 12 Apr 2009, 1:49 pm

thanks sr20det.
waiting to hear from others as well.
i want to know which is better in brand name, and performance.
:D

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member

Post by sr20det » 12 Apr 2009, 2:21 pm

Hahaha! They are both good performance wise, JBL is more popular than lightning audio brand wise but in performance I would say they have the similar capabilities side by side, though JBL would have a bit more edge. Lightning Audio is the mid-market level of Rockford Fosgate. :D

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 12 Apr 2009, 2:38 pm

what do you say? price wise which ones cheaper and if you had an option, what would you go for?

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member

Post by sr20det » 12 Apr 2009, 3:05 pm

I believe Lightning Audio is much cheaper than JBL, and can perform at par also. :D

Same with kenwood also, they have one of the cleanest sounding amps, and I believe much cheaper than LA. :wink:

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member

Post by sr20det » 12 Apr 2009, 3:20 pm

By the way, make sure that the amps you will be getting is CEA-2006 compliant so that whatever RMS rating they are claiming are correct and accurate. :D

All JBL, LA, and kenwood are certified by the CEA-2006. (Y)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 12 Apr 2009, 3:34 pm

Kenwood amps FTW.....like sr20det said, you cant go wrong with neither of the brands...I say go for JBL because it's more readily available + you could prob get decent discounts on them as well...let us know which way you go!!

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 12 Apr 2009, 4:36 pm

ya man tamu, i think i should go for jbl. i just fixed up my mind, and then just for tp, i decided to flip a coin, and here comes jbl again! :P haha!!
anyways, i'v decided to get
2x 1200wts jbl subwoofer
2x 2way jbl speakers for the front
2x 3 way speakers for the rear
jbl amp.

now, my next thing is, amps!! amps are like strangers to me. i dont know a shit on amps.!! :(
so, what i need to know is, what kinda amp will i need. and should i get 1 amp or 2? and if i should connect my speakers to the amp. or not, and if i connect the speakers, whats the good part and whats the bad part.

:D thanks for the info both of u...!
*hi5*

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 12 Apr 2009, 7:47 pm

2 x1200 jbl woofers is going to be nuts. My brother went crazy and put 4 x 1000watt poineer woofers in his stupid camry and it sounded like hell.....I hope you have enough capacity in you car to accomodate two enclosures for the woofers?

amps...hmmmm...just think of it this way..the amp is what pumps the juice to the woofer. the bigger the amp the better. But if your amp is to big you can blow your woofer - or if your trying to pump to woofers from a small miskeen amp then it burn up.

In your case I would go for 2 amps - 1 for the speakers, the other for the woofer. You could direct the speakers to the HU but you wont get much juice out of the speakers. Most HU only give I think 60x4, which means 60 watts per speaker (thats if you have 4). Now I am not sure what the RMS ratings are on the speakers because you didnt specify it, but I think 350watt amp should be suffiecent. as for the woofer, a decent 800watt/rms amp should be able to get your woofers pumpin...

My knowledge in sound systems isn't as vast as Neo's or probably sr20det, but I speak from experience. I have gone through enough systems to know whats the right path to go. Maybe Neo or sr20det can jot down some specifics about watt vs rms and any other technical stuff there is to know...

btw don;t forget about the enclosures and wires...get good thick wires.....Good luck.

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 13 Apr 2009, 9:14 am

why do you say nutts? is it gona sound shit?
or if your talking about the space to install 2 woofers, then yea, my ride does have the space for it :)
i'v found someone to do neat installation, the box and all, though it might be a BIT pricey, the work is pretty good.
and about wires, i think they''ll putting on tsunami wires.
and even the capacitor is tsunami.
will that be fine??

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 13 Apr 2009, 11:49 am

ohh yea. and one more thing.
im looking for a touchscreen head unit. a good brand. (say jvc, kenwood, lg, etc. or anything quite good one) but fair price. should be resonable, and worth.
it has to have dvd, mp3, wma readable, bluetooth, usb, (gps & fm transmitter preferred)
if any of you are selling any, i dont mind second hand either, but should be functioning well.
and if any if ya'll got any idea, on which one will best suit my need, then please tell me which one along with the model no.
thankssss!! :D

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 13 Apr 2009, 6:18 pm

Dude check out the Kenwood model it has all the functions your looking for. Model No. KVT532DVDM priced at 2599 at Yellow hat SZR.

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 14 Apr 2009, 8:43 am

hk20, although i read the specs. online iv still got a few questions on the unit yet to be cleared. tell me if u know, or if not, we both shall go down to SZR someday. :D

1. Is it ready to connect bluetooth or built-in bluetooth??
2. what about the maps, any idea??
3. Is it in-dash built, or the fold-open kind??
4. Reverse camera feature??
5. Aux?

thanks for the info dude! see you soon, just been busy with a new projects and some old ones. time's terrific!! workload increased all cuz of the screwd up sandstrom!! :(

galege1
UB Junior Member

Post by galege1 » 14 Apr 2009, 9:08 am

If you are bit picky about the price.
I got a set of 3 Soundstream amps for sale all are in running good condition . if you are willing to use different brand for your setup this will give your speakers a kick. Best of all you will have control over the subwoofer volume when you want to because the 1000watts mono amplifier comes with sub-bass control.

Get them all for 1750 fixed. this price is almost just the price of the mono subwoofer plus you're getting another 4 channel and 2 channel with it. Plus i will trhow in a 1 Farad absolute capacitor .

here is the link on for sale section. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8570

you will not get the deal anywhere.

PM if interested.