Looking for a Maxima/Accord

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1995 Eclipse GST

Post by Matt_JPM » 30 Sep 2010, 12:53 am

Hey guys, I am embarking on the purchase of a new 2nd hand car.

Basically, preferably looking for a GCC specs Maxima but also open to Honda Accords. Would prefer if the maxima had full service history, or at least partial (full service history for the accord is a must), and with less than 120k kms on the odo (original...). Not looking for modded cars, as this will be my new project car, so I'm looking for a completely stock, perfect condition car. I believe maximas are only with automatic trannies, but for the Accord, I don't mind manual or auto. So here is a little recap of what i'm looking for.

Nissan Maxima:
Year: 2000 and over.
Mileage: less than 120k km
Exterior Color: any, although black, white, silver or gold is preferred.
Interior: preferably leather, full options, but I don't mind the base model either.
Full or at least partial service history

Honda Accord:
Year: 2003 and over.
Mileage: less than 120k km
Exterior color: any, although black, white, silver or gold is preferred.
Interior: doesn't matter.
Full Service History required.

My budget is around 30-35k, although ideally I'd like something between 20-30k. My only real requirements are that the car is in MINT condition, with the low mileage mentioned, well maintained, no accidents and with service history. Would prefer a Maxima over an Accord.

Hopefully you guys can help me out, as I've only come across badly maintained cars that have been accidented or badly taken care of, and I am not planning on spending money on repairs. I really hope I can find an unabused Maxima :S please help!! Thanks (Y)

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 30 Sep 2010, 12:56 am

unabused maxima ... not happening ... n they r expensive to maintain as to accords !!! i;d say u shud prefer the accord over the maxima ...n accords r more mod friendly n less cop magnet than a maxima !

Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Matt_JPM » 30 Sep 2010, 1:09 am

I'm hoping that maybe, just MAYBE, I can find an unabused Maxima for that kind of price range, willing to go as high as 35k for one. I just love the V6 and quietness of that car, it's just so damn nice to drive... Definitely more expensive than Accords, but you see Accords everywhere, so I wanted something a bit less common and more unique (my girlfriend also prefers it and thinks the Accord is boring - I was shocked :| ).

But as I said, I won't buy a Maxima that doesn't have any service history, or an abused one, so I will also settle for a mint condition Accord. For the Accord though, I'm sure I can be more demanding and get one with FSH, in my color preferences, well maintained and in excellent condition. Can anyone point me to one? Having trouble finding a really good one...

By the way, what do you guys think of the Hyundai Coupe, 2006 and above models? I'm also considering one of those, but my knowledge concerning that car is a bit restricted.

How do beamers behave over here? I really love their handling and power, but I've heard many horror stories, and the depreciation values of BMWs seem really bad, so there must be a reason behind all of that??

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 30 Sep 2010, 7:52 am

Why don't you go for a used, 3.5 V6 Altima? You'll get one within your budget.

Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Matt_JPM » 30 Sep 2010, 8:11 am

Because I've heard the Altima handling is horrible :grin: . Otherwise it would have probably been a decent alternative.

:EDIT: Oh and I wasn't too impressed by the V6 of the altima either, didn't seem as fast, but maybe I am not being objective and should test-drive one...

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 30 Sep 2010, 10:32 am

It's got the same VQ35 as the 350z and G35. Ask Accord Tuner for more info or a test drive :D

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 30 Sep 2010, 11:00 am

Matt_JPM wrote:Because I've heard the Altima handling is horrible :grin: . Otherwise it would have probably been a decent alternative.

:EDIT: Oh and I wasn't too impressed by the V6 of the altima either, didn't seem as fast, but maybe I am not being objective and should test-drive one...
wronge !!!

i drove Accordtuner's Tima and it is Amazing + smooth ... yes i dont know about the old models, they might be horrible to drive .

Obaid
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Mazda 323

Post by Obaid » 30 Sep 2010, 11:41 am

Brother Altima 3.5 is Rocket and i don't know who told u that its handling is bad as for me it has very good handling at least better then 2.5 Altima.I would prefer ALTIMA over Maxima as maxima has higher insurance cost and insurance company turn there heads when they hear its an Maxima and plus maxima body is not that gud if small hit body will get damaged badly so i prefer u get Altima 3.5 (Y)

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 30 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

Obaid wrote:Brother Altima 3.5 is Rocket and i don't know who told u that its handling is bad as for me it has very good handling at least better then 2.5 Altima.I would prefer ALTIMA over Maxima as maxima has higher insurance cost and insurance company turn there heads when they hear its an Maxima and plus maxima body is not that gud if small hit body will get damaged badly so i prefer u get Altima 3.5 (Y)
Ozimandius wrote:It's got the same VQ35 as the 350z and G35. Ask Accord Tuner for more info or a test drive :D
Mr_boost wrote:
Matt_JPM wrote:Because I've heard the Altima handling is horrible :grin: . Otherwise it would have probably been a decent alternative.

wronge !!!

i drove Accordtuner's Tima and it is Amazing + smooth ... yes i dont know about the old models, they might be horrible to drive .

Altima is ROCKET .... i say its a f-16 in sedan car's ..... . just a motec ecu and few i/H/E and speed limiter removed its touches 270+ in no time ...... if you want video i will post one ;) .....
yes its the same platform engine as G35 or 350z or fx 35 ITS a VQ35 ....

Handling is awesome to if you compare it to maxima or accord Altima 3.5 is one a different level dude ..

and boost and OZI knows what this VQ35 engine have in them
out of all my Local friends 80 % of the have atleast one Altima 3.5

finding a clean one is near to impossible . i am searching one from past 8 months for doing a project turbo charging on Altima 3.5 but can find one in good condition ...

i was lucky i found one ;)
i need one more :!:

usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 30 Sep 2010, 3:15 pm

try hunting down a V6 accord..

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 30 Sep 2010, 11:44 pm

Accord.

Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Matt_JPM » 01 Oct 2010, 3:15 am

Thanks for the feedback. It's a shame that as soon as you go towards engines with more than 4 cylinders, they seem to pretty much always get abused and finding clean cars is so difficult... It's like a full-time job nearly hehe.

So from the good feedback, I'll look into a 3.5 Altima as well then. Let's see what I can come across :) . Please let me know if you guys find any cars that fit what I'm looking for, thanks!

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 01 Oct 2010, 10:59 am

Matt_JPM wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It's a shame that as soon as you go towards engines with more than 4 cylinders, they seem to pretty much always get abused and finding clean cars is so difficult... It's like a full-time job nearly hehe.

So from the good feedback, I'll look into a 3.5 Altima as well then. Let's see what I can come across :) . Please let me know if you guys find any cars that fit what I'm looking for, thanks!
good luck :):if you find an Altima and you dont buy it for any reason then lemme knw

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 01 Oct 2010, 11:25 am

There's one on Souq btw.

Matt_JPM
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Matt_JPM » 01 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm

^ If you're talking about the black 2008 one, that's above what I'm willing to spend :D