Starters nightmare, Drifting dream = problems in uae?

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 10 Apr 2011, 10:57 am

(Y) (Y)

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 10 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

(Y) (Y) (Y)

Djinn
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Subaru WRX. 1995 Nissan s14

Post by Djinn » 10 Apr 2011, 11:40 am

Anyone know any shops that sell used clean SR20DET engines? Hopefully in Abu Dhabi(Musaffah) but i wouldn't mind dubai/sharjah aswell. just aslong as its not ajman or RAK im not doing a trip to there ever again.

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 10 Apr 2011, 4:50 pm

Djinn wrote:Anyone know any shops that sell used clean SR20DET engines? Hopefully in Abu Dhabi(Musaffah) but i wouldn't mind dubai/sharjah aswell. just aslong as its not ajman or RAK im not doing a trip to there ever again.
is the engine in the silvia right now that underpowered?.. or screwed bad?
aint it possible to jus turbo-up the current engine..

just saw the car in ajman 2 days ago... congrats on gettin it btw (Y)
oh lol.. noticed a big empty spot in the front bumper... probably from where the intercooler was sitting? :grin:
looked like it was brought back to stock condition before the prev. owner sold it to that shop

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 10 Apr 2011, 5:12 pm

Tribal, its and American spec, they came with a 2.4L N/A so that IS the stock condition. In Sharjah near Troy university there is a garage called Yalata, they have alot of half cut skylines, supra's mark II's so they could be your best bet, search the forum for the directions

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 11 Apr 2011, 12:26 am

@Matt Alright thanks!
@Tribal yeah dude the engine is in running condition, its not that underpowered i just don't feel comfortable running that engine until i have it here in Abu Dhabi removed and checked properly. yeah intercooler used to be there, they completely brought it back to stock condition. and there seems to be some type of griding/screeching sound coming from the back when i slow down its either the brakes(i hope) or something else thats damaged that needs to be replaced hoping its the brakes though!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 11 Apr 2011, 1:46 am

Nicee...ye just have a check up on it, these small probs keep comin up on old cars.. :arrow:
Keep us posted bro.. & dont forget to post up sum pics and get it in the Members gallery when you do get it up to Abudhabi (Y)

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 11 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

if you wanna check it & modify it then you have no better than Tensai in musaffah, besides they are the AMS dealer in UAE, check their upgrade & rebuild kits
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/Niss ... -kits.html
don't go the SR20 route , you will have hard times getting spares & upgrades

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 11 Apr 2011, 8:59 am

@Stone-head I want to get this puppy drift ready, What engine do you think will be the best option for drift training in the UAE regarding spare parts and item availability?

@Tribal I'm just waiting for it to get here, It failed the sharjah test.

Passed Brake test,
Passed Exhaust Gas test,
Failed Bumpers(Dont think body kits are allowed in sharjah?)
Failed Flooring is rusty
Failed Exhaust system(Noisy)

I need to get permision for body modifications in sharjah? Lool

In Abu Dhabi they don't care about the body aslong as you don't mess with the engine.
And that will be a problem so i might just keep it alongside a track. As soon as i'm done with repairs that is.

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 11 Apr 2011, 10:15 am

just keep the KA24DE engine & don't swap to SR20 , no parts + poor maintenance knowledge = headache ,
KA24 is almost the same one used in old pathfinders,pickups & minivans but with a different
head , so it's a bulletproof engine & shared engine parts can be bought from spare part shops.
call tensai & coordinate with them, ask for Waqas or Fadi or Basil , these guys know their business
http://tensaituning.com/blog/
about the rear cracking noise better check it , it may be a differential failure symptoms.
BTW there are silvia owners here & in other forums where most of them have the 2JZ swapped in

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 11 Apr 2011, 12:26 pm

OMG stone-head is alive!

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 11 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

:grin:
just lurking around bud

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 03 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

stone-head wrote:just keep the KA24DE engine & don't swap to SR20 , no parts + poor maintenance knowledge = headache ,
KA24 is almost the same one used in old pathfinders,pickups & minivans but with a different
head , so it's a bulletproof engine & shared engine parts can be bought from spare part shops.
call tensai & coordinate with them, ask for Waqas or Fadi or Basil , these guys know their business
http://tensaituning.com/blog/
about the rear cracking noise better check it , it may be a differential failure symptoms.
BTW there are silvia owners here & in other forums where most of them have the 2JZ swapped in
Wow strange. Where i come from sr20's are quite common, i have owned at least 4 cars with them. With not being able to get parts easy i think the vq35 is the next best option. the 2jz is a great engine and have owned a couple, but in a lightweight silvia its quite heavy upfront. You can get it to work, but be prepared to move fuel tanks etc. Better to start with a vq35 and they seem common here.

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 03 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

there is also the ls option too, the fit easy enough and a pretty light

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 05 Jun 2011, 9:03 am

Currently working on the KA24DE lets see how this puppy pans out, According to topsecret garage(Mussafah)[These guys have got 2 of they're own Skylines they're setting up at the moment, An R34 and an R32. So i went with them in terms of everything they seem to know they're shit.] its in great condition just needs a couple of tweeks, Drums, piping, clutch and new tires. And its road worthy.

For now i want to be smooth on the road for weekend drives while i save for aftermarket parts. Soon as i get my shit together[3-4months] i shove alllllllllll of it into the car at once and turn it into a beast with no regard for human life! except for mine of course.