Starters nightmare, Drifting dream = problems in uae?

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
Djinn
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Subaru WRX. 1995 Nissan s14

Post by Djinn » 13 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

Hey guys :|,

Im fairly new to this forum just been trollin around looking at the Cars for sale / Wanted mostly, Anywho.

I currently own a Subaru WRX 2011, And I want to start drifting as a sport.
Obviously not with the subaru its AWD and i use it for work, Dont want to risk getting fired cause i trashed my only car haha. I want a cheap project/track car set my life on the right track to become a drifter for real.

Best way to start in my opinion is just to buy a car straight off the bat and force yourself from there. And thats exactly what im planning to do. Now i have some serious questions on what type of car i can start with and where i can find one.

I have a serious love/hate relationship on the Skyline R33's and R34's MOSTLY R34's. Man if i could legally bind myself to that seat for the rest of my life and drive i would.
But damn with all the laws and what not here is it really worth it? Can i really deal with all this !@#$ here? Registration, Changing from RHD to LHD, I've been doubting myself lately and i really dont want to give up hope, I've had a lot of time to think about this but i still can't fully get my head around it. Need your help guys. Seriously im %#%$ up on so many levels right now haha.

Any advice? Anything would be great. As far as budget for the car im going to say 20,000AED-30,000AED I dont make a whole lot of money im not a richboy just a 23 year old trying to do something he loves man, thats all it is.
My heart is set on an R34GTS, or an R33 GTS. but if i can do with something cheaper and easier to start with in terms of police/laws, My dreams of owning a Black/red R34 will just have to wait till im a champion with cash :roll: .

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 13 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

Djinn wrote:But damn with all the laws and what not here is it really worth it? Can i really deal with all this !@#$ here?
If you have to ask, then no.

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:AE86 Trueno

Post by Fahrer » 13 Mar 2011, 7:11 pm

Awesome dude, go for it! Only thing is, if I was starting out I'd buy something much cheaper because you will bend it sooner or later.

Something like this... A service, and you're good to go.
http://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/classified ... ot=asc&o=3

Just offer him half of the asking price and see how you go...
http://ajman.dubizzle.com/classified/au ... ot=asc&o=3

chew
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Nissan Skyline ER34 4 DOOR GTT

Post by chew » 13 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

good luck on searching for skyline bro~.......all the best!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 13 Mar 2011, 7:18 pm

:o wow thats a clean E30.. jus 139k kms!
the 240 looks badly Screwed.. thats just from seein the pic lol :|

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member

Post by Fahrer » 13 Mar 2011, 7:20 pm

There's a white GT-S for sale on Jumeirah Beach Road, it's been standing there for ages, a couple of years in fact. But it only got a 'for sale' sign quite recently.

You'll get that one for a steal because the owner quite obviously just wants to get rid, but be prepared to spend money to get it going again. Body and everything is fine, just sitting on four flat tyres (nice BBS rims too).

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member

Post by Fahrer » 13 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

Tribal wrote::o wow thats a clean E30.. jus 139k kms!
the 240 looks badly Screwed.. thats just from seein the pic lol :|
Ja, I viewed the E30 on Thursday, looks real nice. No idea how it drives or anything, just checked it out as I was in Abu Dhabi that day. The Nissan's price is way too high with that mileage for sure.

Too bad the OP just missed out on that sweet, sweet 9K Miata MX-5 recently, that would've been perfect.

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 13 Mar 2011, 7:27 pm

Wow i got reply's so quick, Awesome guys thanks!

Yeah man the 240 looks pretty bangedup.

As for the GTS in jumeirah il be able to check that out on the weekend seeing as i live in Abu Dhabi hah, But thanks for the info il def get on that badass.

I also have this R33 for 30,000 I've had my eye on this babe for a while not so sure wether im spending the right amount of cash on it maybe too much too little dunno if im a retard or not just nervous about the buy. Seems like a great dude( Aren't they all when they want to sell)he uses it for everyday drive so. Here's the link tell me what ya'll think.

http://uae.motors.souq.com/%D9%86%D9%8A ... 1&type=all&

I appreciate the rapid reply's guys keep em coming please i need alllll the advice i can get from you guys!

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member

Post by Fahrer » 13 Mar 2011, 7:36 pm

Djinn wrote:As for the GTS in jumeirah il be able to check that out on the weekend seeing as i live in Abu Dhabi hah, But thanks for the info il def get on that badass.
I'll try get the details for you tomorrow, I work close by...

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 13 Mar 2011, 7:41 pm

I'll try get the details for you tomorrow, I work close by...[/quote]

Wow man that would be awesome actually (Y) , Thanks a lot man. Loving the support! (Y)

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member

Post by Fahrer » 13 Mar 2011, 7:56 pm

Yeah sure, in the meantime, check what I spotted in Fujairah on Friday. Sweet... Missed a clean black Supra too.

Frikkin' loads of these things over on the East Side.

Djinn
UB Junior Member

Post by Djinn » 13 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

Oh dude thats so nice, It sucks that i dont get to see these cars in Abu Dhabi much. I would stalk that car like a junkie on crack. I think i might take the next weekend pass by dubai check out that GTS then go to the east get a motel room fill up my tank and just cruise and look for these beasts.

And one more question for the bunch, Anyone hear a rumour of a drifting school opening up in Yas? Or UAE for that matter? Lots of people have been talking about it in Abu dhabi lately dunno if its true though.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 13 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

That E30 is sold btw. Excellent ride.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 14 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 14 Mar 2011, 12:03 pm

^ this ones a bargain!! And perfect for the job (Y)