wanted toyota celica/honda prelude

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
User avatar
hk20
UB Advanced Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 10:16 am
Vehicle: 2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project
Location: Dubai

Post by hk20 » 27 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

princeofdarkness wrote:
hk20 wrote:I know of a friend selling a CRX asking price 7.5k. PM me if your interested. Its a manual car BTW.
which model year?can you post some pics ?thnx
I can provide you with contact details of the seller. If you are interested please PM(Personal Message) me.

Good Luck in finding the right car. (Y)

User avatar
sanad_dxb
UB Junior Member
Posts: 87
Joined: 31 Aug 2010, 10:18 pm
Vehicle: 08 Lancer Ex 2.0
Location: Jumeirah

Post by sanad_dxb » 27 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

usaf23 wrote:if you are ready to buy one of those cars are you ready to pay its insurance woes, garage repair bills, etc etc?

most of these car parts need alot of sourcing and hunting... god forbid but what will you do if you blow a gasket and you have work 5days of the week?

best say : rent a cheap car, or buy s widely used -used car like a corolla or camry etc so parts iznt a problem.. rest is up to you.

1+ for that yousaf!

princeofdarkness
UB Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Post by princeofdarkness » 27 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

AccordTuner wrote:
WKZ wrote:
princeofdarkness wrote: "high skool kid!!!!!" u bet.....i may be new to this site but i'm not new to the car market.being an automotive engineering student,i have assembled a couple of engines,i do minor maintainance n repair works in my dad's car,i carry out engine diagnosis,i can design a racing car's chassis n its aerodynamics.i have helped many of my friends buy 2nd hand cars over a couple of years.i'm aware of the registration problems you are talking about.i'm aware of the reliability issues you guys are talking about.but those are my problems.i've just asked you guys a favour that if you come across any of those cars i mentioned earlier,please post your comment.what wrong thing did i do?did i abuse anyone?you guys havent even met me.how can you even judge me?

OH by the way,Mr.smart guy have a look at this link if you have any doubts about the corolla engine in MR2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZZ_engine#1ZZ-FED
^
(Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Why buy when you can build your own machine?
Looolll gud option given wkz



Btw princeofdarkness, the impression you gave us makes us judge you ,
If ur so serious about buying a car you will can buy it in no time just you need to make up your mind and find the rite one , u helped alot of ur friends buying cars , why cant u help ur self :p
wkz,i mentioned that i can design my car(chassis+body) but i dont have proper equipments,enough time n enough money to build one.

n accordtuner,when did i say that i cant help myself to buy a car ????? i just asked you guys that if you come across any of these rare cars or if you want to sell your car,just post your comment. in the mean time,my dad will be droping us before we buy a car

User avatar
RasHooD
UB Special Member
Posts: 2205
Joined: 04 Oct 2007, 4:10 pm
Vehicle: Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo
Location: Sharjah - UAE

Post by RasHooD » 27 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

This thread seems to be overflowing with maturity! (y)

User avatar
Obaid
UB Senior Member
Posts: 529
Joined: 29 Mar 2006, 9:01 pm
Vehicle: Mazda 323
Location: Satwa

Post by Obaid » 27 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

Get back to thread help him or else dont post here

User avatar
7afe
UB Senior Member
Posts: 404
Joined: 01 Dec 2010, 1:45 am
Vehicle: Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 28 Jun 2011, 5:48 am

Daily drive Turbo car for 10K, thats what i did man , i spent a lot of money to fix my car up cuz of a small accident . The only reason why i was able to build it quick was because i had the time to hunt down places and parts for my car. In your case you sound like you have work, i doubt you will even touch your car after coming back from work. From personal experience i would say get something that can you get from point A to point B without any hassle & you don't wanna go around looking for parts or even go work on your car in this nice weather ( 40*+). There isnt anything wrong in buying the cars that you are looking for . But the turbo cars you mentioned, i dont think you will find a really clean car which is just waiting to be driven for 10K & god forbid if you get into any kind of accident then good luck to you finding your parts. It doesnt matter if you are a bestest guy in town to fix cars. You cant do anything if you dont have the parts.
The way i see it is you should get a 1996-2001 corolla or a Civic or Accord coupe.
Simple cars to work on even if anything goes wrong its pretty simple to work on & parts are easily available & you will learn a lot of shit from them. Rest all is your choice.
Good luck with buying your car
Cheers!

princeofdarkness
UB Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Post by princeofdarkness » 28 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

7afe wrote:Daily drive Turbo car for 10K, thats what i did man , i spent a lot of money to fix my car up cuz of a small accident . The only reason why i was able to build it quick was because i had the time to hunt down places and parts for my car. In your case you sound like you have work, i doubt you will even touch your car after coming back from work. From personal experience i would say get something that can you get from point A to point B without any hassle & you don't wanna go around looking for parts or even go work on your car in this nice weather ( 40*+). There isnt anything wrong in buying the cars that you are looking for . But the turbo cars you mentioned, i dont think you will find a really clean car which is just waiting to be driven for 10K & god forbid if you get into any kind of accident then good luck to you finding your parts. It doesnt matter if you are a bestest guy in town to fix cars. You cant do anything if you dont have the parts.
The way i see it is you should get a 1996-2001 corolla or a Civic or Accord coupe.
Simple cars to work on even if anything goes wrong its pretty simple to work on & parts are easily available & you will learn a lot of shit from them. Rest all is your choice.
Good luck with buying your car
Cheers!
ok,lets forget about the turbo cars.i'm putting more emphasis on the last gen toyota celica or honda prelude(hence the heading of the thread).they are the ones i'm most likely to get at 10/15K.ofcourse,this is not the 1st time i'm buying a used car.i know someone in sharjah industrial are who can source me parts of these cars.besides,i work in a shipping company.so no worries about the parts :grin: ........but THANKS a lot for your kind advices ..........n pls dont forget to mention if you come across any good adds or if you know anyone who wants to sell his car.thanks

User avatar
wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Posts: 1249
Joined: 21 Feb 2006, 2:46 pm
Vehicle: s2k and Mazda 3
Location: Dubai/Philippines

Post by wek-236 » 28 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

why not a civic? plenty of civics for sale in dubizzle and gulfnews.

User avatar
Tribal
UB Senior Member
Posts: 415
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 3:16 pm
Vehicle: G35
Location: Dubai

Post by Tribal » 28 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm


User avatar
WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Posts: 902
Joined: 18 Mar 2007, 12:48 am
Vehicle: EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler
Location: Ajman,Melbourne

Post by WKZ » 28 Jun 2011, 4:37 pm

wek-236 wrote:why not a civic? plenty of civics for sale in dubizzle and gulfnews.
He wants something thats reasonably fast :grin:

User avatar
wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Posts: 1249
Joined: 21 Feb 2006, 2:46 pm
Vehicle: s2k and Mazda 3
Location: Dubai/Philippines

Post by wek-236 » 28 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

WKZ wrote:
wek-236 wrote:why not a civic? plenty of civics for sale in dubizzle and gulfnews.
He wants something thats reasonably fast :grin:

Reasonably fast and Automatic? :grin:

princeofdarkness
UB Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Post by princeofdarkness » 28 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Tribal wrote:http://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified/au ... rice__lte=
^Heres a Ricer Prelude :grin:
thanks a lot,bro...but i already saw this add.infact i checked most of the adds on dubizzle.com n souq.com(remember i mentioned this on my 1st post :wink: ).the interior of this car seems too flashy.didnt like the colour combination(red+yellow) n for a 97 prelude,18k seems a lot

princeofdarkness
UB Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Post by princeofdarkness » 28 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

wek-236 wrote:
WKZ wrote:
wek-236 wrote:why not a civic? plenty of civics for sale in dubizzle and gulfnews.
He wants something thats reasonably fast :grin:

Reasonably fast and Automatic? :grin:
bro,when did i mention that i want only automatics? :S

User avatar
7afe
UB Senior Member
Posts: 404
Joined: 01 Dec 2010, 1:45 am
Vehicle: Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 28 Jun 2011, 8:26 pm

I think that 1jz Mark 2 should be the one you should go for! I havent seen it in person, doesnt look all that , But hey! it has a 1JZ GTE in it. You could go probably check it out if ya like & fits your budget too!
10K & i doubt that car is gonna be slow. 14 pounds of boost!

http://uae.motors.souq.com/1jz-twinturb ... h%26go%3D1

If anyone has gone n seen the car already please give some feedback! I'm just keen to know that cars condition n shit Thanks!

User avatar
7afe
UB Senior Member
Posts: 404
Joined: 01 Dec 2010, 1:45 am
Vehicle: Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 28 Jun 2011, 8:27 pm

doesnt look all that sporty*



Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post