An Al Tayer Experience UAE

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
mohammadyezan
UB Junior Member

Post by mohammadyezan » 20 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

Al Tayer Dubai and a strange story.

A friend of mine purchased a luxury Jaguar XJL.
This proud owner had a puncture and requested the car showroom to order a tyre replacement.

They said they had no tyre and it had to be ordered, and ordered it was.

However when the owner call Al Tayer and spoke to a Mr Zersis he was informed that they have given the tyre away to someone else and were unable to source a new tyre.

This owner had to go out and buy the tyre himself and bring to AL Tayer to be replaced.
One would have thought this is just a very bad service for such a luxury car and expensive costs, but the story got worse.

Al Tayer took the car in September 2011 (it had only been driven for 5 months and had approx. 9,000 km on the clock).

For some very strange reason they took the car off the premises and parked it in an illegal parking area opposite the Al Tayer work shop. Was this negligent? Did they violate their legal responsibility to look after and protect the car on behalf of the client?

Apparently some unknown truck smashed into a parked pick-up truck, which pushed it into the Jaguar, which pushed the Jaguar into another car. This happened opposite the security house of Al Tayer. This was about 04:30 in the morning and they claimed they heard nothing.

This must have been very embarrassing to Al Tayer as they never called the owner to apologise. What they did do was to repair all the other cars. In the case of the Jaguar XJL the repairs were going to be expensive they decided to just write it off.

O.K. accidents do happen, I damage something of yours then I fix it or replace it.

Read more: http://www.facebook.com/altayer.uae/pos ... 0972871294

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 20 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

i donno about Dubai.... but the Al tayer showroom and workshop near my home in sharjah is frickin awesome...

as for the tire... should have bought one off from another source... I believe those are Dunlop SP Sport tires on Jags

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 20 Jan 2012, 6:20 pm

Why am I not surprised to read this? Maybe because this is not the first time I'm hearing a story like this, not only related to Al Tayer but other dealers too. Dubai Consumer Rights department needs to take serious action!

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 20 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

Coyote302 wrote:i donno about Dubai.... but the Al tayer showroom and workshop near my home in sharjah is frickin awesome...

as for the tire... should have bought one off from another source... I believe those are Dunlop SP Sport tires on Jags
After paying 360k for a luxury car, don't you think that you shouldn't have to buy a tire and stuff it in your car? Al Tayer should atleast have some damn tires in stock.

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 20 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

that's why sharjah can be awesome.... free Pirelli Pzeros for me !! :grin:

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 21 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

owner wanting al tayer to source a tire is a bit too much IMO, would he/she want al tayer to get fuel as well?

parking the car in an illegal area and getting it damaged with no apology on the other hand is a serious issue.

rednrosy
UB Junior Member

Post by rednrosy » 25 Jan 2012, 9:15 am

of all the fishes in the sea