BUYING A NISSIAN 350z is it a GOOD IDEA ?

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
simpleplan
UB Junior Member

Post by simpleplan » 29 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm

Hey guys, need some serious advice been seeing alot of 350z (2006) for sale in the market for a price range of 50,000 to 60,000dhs wit mileage as low as 80,00 I really like the Car i jus wanna knw since its a Nissan how much would maintenance cost, and will this car have any serious problem ? And fuel consumption wise how much mileage will it give me ?

Please advice me should I go for this car, one thing I know it takes alot of fuel but I dnt drive much.

If you guys know any other nice luxury and stylish cars in da range of 50 to 60k do tell me.

Will appreciate your opinion :) do drop in

Thanks,

Mike

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 29 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

You can get an Infiniti G35 for that price. If it's 2007+ it'll be high mileage, but if it's 2006 and older it'll be fine. You could get an IS300, but again, high mileage.

The 350z is a very nice car no doubt.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 30 Jan 2012, 9:46 am

Running costs are very reasonable and there is plenty of Zs.. Should be a good bargain and a keeper..

Just make sure you are not buying a heavily abused one..

350zdj
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:350Z

Post by 350zdj » 30 Jan 2012, 10:42 am

The best way to tell if you really want the car is to test drive one.

Go for the GCC specs with service history. Before closing the deal take it to a trusted/reputable shop and have the car fully checked.

The Z is very reasonable to maintain as long as you minimize your mods to basic ones.

TJ_84
UB Junior Member

Post by TJ_84 » 02 Feb 2012, 10:27 am

Hi there!

I have had 2 350Z's a 2004 GCC and a 2003 American, both were amazing, being a GCC doesnt mean its perfect even tho they have a bit more HP's!

from the year 2003-2006 they all share same engine, u'll find a single air-intake. while 2007-2008 have the double air-intake with a much better engine. if ur takin a manual 350z then u have to drive it on both low n high speeds, try to check while shifting on 3rd and 4th gear cuz those are the 2 gears were Z's mostly face a synchro problem, i had that in the 2003 Z, if it was shifting fine then ur good, if u heard a creepy screechy sound then u will have to repair/replace the gear which is also not expensive, would hit 1500 aed!! in the years 2007+ theres no more synchro issues. its as cheap as a corolla to mentain! amazing to drive, gains pplz attention, stable as hell on roads. if ur takin an auto then nothin to worry about. not that much room as its a 2 seater. a/c is perfect in both gcc/american.

if u want i can even help u get one from here or the US as thats wut i do !! i get those toys from the US, use them and enjoy them for a while n then sell them off!

i have a 2011 370Z Nismo for sale, its in the cars for sale devision, have a look (Y)

TJ_84
UB Junior Member

Post by TJ_84 » 14 Feb 2012, 12:46 am

Hi,

i got a 2005 350Z Auto for sale.. helping a frnd sell it. i posted an add in the cars for sale thread.

check it if still interested. (Y)

Dzenky
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:S2kT

Post by Dzenky » 20 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

Its FR car so if you dont have good experience with sports car hmm be careful!
The price its too much in USa you can find nice for 10k dollars! ,and here in UAE maintenance will cost a lot compare with any other place on earth!!!(USA,Asia,Europe,UK)
The good news is you can buy everything cheap and with best quality from USA online.
Good car,but its in my black list like supra , 3000 GT ,skyline (GTR),because nobody can work on them in UAE - for simple thing like to put Urethane or turbo timer/ tune your computer Tuner garages here ask 10-20% of the car price :D :D :D
Or brand new or buy something you can fix alone(370z),or change for cheap (engine)from USA/UK!

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 21 Feb 2012, 2:57 am

Dzenky wrote:Its FR car so if you dont have good experience with sports car hmm be careful!
The price its too much in USa you can find nice for 10k dollars! ,and here in UAE maintenance will cost a lot compare with any other place on earth!!!(USA,Asia,Europe,UK)
The good news is you can buy everything cheap and with best quality from USA online.
Good car,but its in my black list like supra , 3000 GT ,skyline (GTR),because nobody can work on them in UAE - for simple thing like to put Urethane or turbo timer/ tune your computer Tuner garages here ask 10-20% of the car price :D :D :D
Or brand new or buy something you can fix alone(370z),or change for cheap (engine)from USA/UK!
You sir have not seen UAE properly yet, if you think nobody knows how to work on them cars why are the cars even there then?? The only good thing in US is parts, sometimes even they are not the best quality. There are quiet a lot of places which do good work on cars in UAE. I dont know what you are on about.

Dzenky
UB Junior Member

Post by Dzenky » 22 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Pls give me good place with same work prices like europe or usa! parts its from me,i buy and bring it!
i was in the best garages in uae and the price they ask was omg :D :D :D funny for simple work !
i speak about all the performans garages! on how many places work with AEM? easy easy program!
Urethane?
everything they know here is Bodykit!
just give me name and let compare the price for work :)

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 23 Feb 2012, 2:24 am

Dzenky wrote:Pls give me good place with same work prices like europe or usa! parts its from me,i buy and bring it!
i was in the best garages in uae and the price they ask was omg :D :D :D funny for simple work !
i speak about all the performans garages! on how many places work with AEM? easy easy program!
Urethane?
everything they know here is Bodykit!
just give me name and let compare the price for work :)
For simple work why would you wanna go to some high tech garage? As far as AEM goes, i think they lock their ecu after tune just like HKS does. Problem with price? :grin: You pay for what you get. Ride in a tuned car or walk home with a blown engine.
Project X motorsports
Performance Car Groups
Sub Zero
Panda Motorsports
These are just from the back of my head, I'm sure there are more out there. Heck, they even have the worlds biggest dyno brought to autodrome a few years ago. I agree there are better tuners in US,UK and the market for parts is way more vast. But you cannot compare the labor charges of them countries with UAE.

Dzenky
UB Junior Member

Post by Dzenky » 26 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

Lets finish with that,
ill check garages you mentioned above.
My AEM its not lock just i don't have my computer with me and ask few garages did they work with,so answer was same : I will download and we will see. (omg im scare)
Exactly what i want to pay for what ill get,but its no even close :( -(same price like all around the world with same result pls!)
Extremepsi and other website i use ,are more cheaper from here with delivery.
p.s. just check there how much cost original break pads ,or hawk with delivery and after that ask in UAE price is already triple,so why i must buy from them? break pads i can change front of my house its easy easy work.
Biggest dyno its matter of money to buy it! and Dyno queen are for the bar ,not for the street or the track :) i drive real car on the real street/track
Regards ,ill no more write here - i think you get the idea.

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 26 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

I understand your problems with tuners, but there are not 50 million tuners like there are here in the US. Few good tuners, when something is rare it automatically gets expensive brah. Like some places here( US ) do like 2 dyno pulls for 60$. Where as getting dyno pulls itself will cost you way more than that there( UAE). I dont know what car you are running on, but i always prefer go with the ECU that the tuner prefers, in the end its not you who is tuning right? Different tuners like to work with different piggys/ stand alone ecu's and adapt themselves to that specific one. So when you show them something new they are like :| wtf is this! As far as the pads go, i thought it was the pistons and the master cylinder that changed the output of your braking system. 4 piston brakes with fixed type caliper and bigger master cylinder to give a balance of brake fluid to the pistons with regular pads should do it. Since you are doing it outside your house changing them often wont dig a hole in your pocket :) . Cheers mate!

350zdj
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:350Z

Post by 350zdj » 28 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

I can guide you to a few places who are very much familiar with the 350Z, including tuners as well.

There are a couple of very popular shops here in UAE who can can tune the Z - UNICHIP and UPREV (which is the most popular tuning software right now for the VQ platform).

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 28 Feb 2012, 12:50 pm

Go to www.gtz-uae.com - that's the Infiniti G35, 350Z and GT-R club. People there including me know all the best garages and places to avoid.