Wanted: Jap 4WD

Wanna get rid of your car? Trade? all that stuff in here!
Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 21 Sep 2009, 11:42 pm

you're referring to the chassis number,which she sms'd me,but its 16 digits.carfax only accepts 17 digits.it also only accepts US Visa credit cards,is there any other site i can use.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 10:31 am

Guys, I just cracked the VIN Number, it's:

JNKCV51E74M615650

The seller SMS'd me the number, but it was 16 digits, so I found this site for Infiniti owners to help them ID their VIN:

http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/common/infiniti_vin.htm

And I started matching each digit with the code, and found the missing digit (thank God it was part of a 2 digit code!)

So I got the summary from the following site:

http://www.analogx.com/cgi-bin/cgivin.exe

And

http://www.checkmycar.com/

And it's confirmed, it's a '04 G35 Sedan!

Now I need a site which accepts Dubai Credit Cards, not US, as carfax requires a US one! :(

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 22 Sep 2009, 12:00 pm

it did accept mine...email carfax people they would be able to help you.

i think i also used my friends address and input my credit card and got the report by email.

FYI on just checking the VIN number carfax says there are 6 records..it can be good one like serive record or anything or bad ones.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 22 Sep 2009, 12:00 pm

it did accept mine...email carfax people they would be able to help you.

i think i also used my friends address and input my credit card and got the report by email.

FYI on just checking the VIN number carfax says there are 6 records..it can be good one like serive record or anything or bad ones.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 12:55 pm

Thanks Docaam, PM'd you.

Another Q: if I can't get any of these websites to check the VIN out, when I go to Tasjeel, can they find out whether the car was involved in the flood or canceled in the US?

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 2:15 pm

Oh-kay, bad news:

It's a salvaged car (thanks Docaam, carfax worked!)

It doesn't say WHY it was salvaged, but it was. It was reported as a total loss on Feb 2007, and exported in April 2007 with the mileage of 27,000 miles...and now she's selling it at 47,000 miles after driven it for a year...

Total Loss
Total loss reported on 02/23/2007.

Total Loss Reported
Structural / Frame Damage
No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Airbag Deployment
No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX.

No Issues Reported
Odometer Rollback
No indication of an odometer rollback.

No Issues Indicated
Accident / Damage
DMV title problems reported.

Severe Damage
Manufacturer Recall
Check with an authorized Infiniti dealer for any open recalls.

No Recalls Reported
Basic Warranty
Original manufacturer warranty likely voided by manufacturer after vehicle was severely damaged.

Warranty
Voided

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

Just for kicks, I had purchased the option for checking 10 VINs, so I checked out the VIN of the car on Souq, with the new headlight...it's a salvage too. But they run perfectly well...what can possibly go wrong, and how many people actually check the VINs when buying US imports here?

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 22 Sep 2009, 6:00 pm

Stick to GCC my friend.
Almost no one checks VINs. Even the first local owners don't know their car has a salvage title. Heck most don't know what a salvage title is.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 22 Sep 2009, 6:40 pm

hmm i always check but anyways..man from the record car looks ok as if there is no structural damage and no air bag deployement you should be fine with it. just 120 points check with Tasjeel will give you a clear picture.

get the price negotiated with this report...btw how much diff in price is there?? from GCC specs?

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 8:11 pm

I wish I knew what the GCC specs were. The one I drove and fell in love with had everything....Nav system, sunroof, heated seats, etc. I spoke to a RELIABLE source (the same guy who can get any car insured with full insurance) and he said that it was a safe purchase, as long as the airbag wasn't deployed, or if it had any structural damage. Both these rides had neither. Also, the one on Souq (with a new headlight) has almost the same history, but I think its VIN has been tampered with...the code in its Vin for 4 door sedan is for a 2 door coupe.

Here's the Car Fax report, see for yourself.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=171731

I'll go for the Tasjeel Comprehensive check.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 9:46 pm

Here's another site, and I checked both the VINs against it and it says neither vehicle was listed a TOTAL loss.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 22 Sep 2009, 11:23 pm

hey i have gone through the report it says Total loss but again it will all depend on Tasjeel testing.

I would advise you to get the souq car checked as well and which ever is accidented less

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 22 Sep 2009, 11:49 pm

Problem with the Souq ride is that it's in AUH, and has been driven more, and the asking price is more too! It's also the base model, as compared to the full optioned one I drove.

Oh-kay, say I take it to the comprehensive Tasjeel test, and they pass it with flying colors, then what? Is it still worth buying, or should I try negotiating and bring the price down, and if so, by how much? I'll still get full comprehensive insurance btw from a good insurance company.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 22 Sep 2009, 11:55 pm

insurance is not an issue...if the second one is in AUH..then only thing good is that AUH had very strict laws to register accidented cars but again it would be a hassle for you.

just point out the bad points and get the price lower and take it man...how much she is asking by the way and what colour is it...check the tyres if it needs to be changed thats the first point for negotiation :)

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 23 Sep 2009, 12:06 am

She did say that the tyres need to be changed, that'll bring down the price by about 2k I guess? The AUH ride is a 2005, this one's a 2004, but driven much less. AUH ride is also a salvage, but passed safety inspections within Texas itself, this one's from Baltimore, and has no mention of safety, but if it passes Tasjeel, it should be fine.

Then again, I'm not in a hurry...but what are the chances of me getting such a deal before the year ends?