Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Selling performance parts? Wanna trade? That goes right here!
Syed Yaseen
UB Junior Member

Post by Syed Yaseen » 16 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm

hey guys, where can i find GReddy exhaust for mitsubishi lancer gt 2010?
What about the front and rear lip? how much would it all cost?
Is it legal replacing the exhaust here? what's the limit?

ProNoob88
UB Junior Member

Post by ProNoob88 » 17 Feb 2014, 12:08 am

I heard its 110 db, I believe if u take it to RTA they can measure how loud it is and tell u if it's below or above the allowed sound level.

Syed Yaseen
UB Junior Member

Post by Syed Yaseen » 17 Feb 2014, 12:48 pm

aah thanks man.. I'll check it out... What about the other mods? Any idea about the exhaust mods ?

ProNoob88
UB Junior Member

Post by ProNoob88 » 17 Feb 2014, 6:17 pm

Many contradicted laws and opinions regarding mods in general, looks or performance, RTA might issue a law prohibiting something, which will affect ur car passing/failing the RTA registration test, but the cops won't bother u about it, and vise versa, but for sure RTA says tampering with the original exhaust system including headers is not allowed, but again, I've seen many modded cars pass with no issues.

BOTTOM LINE : it's all about the mechanic guy at RTA or the police officer pulling u over, they decide ur fate. Many times cops let u slip by for heavy stuff, and give u a fine over a silly thing like saying ur white led lights are xenon though they're not lol

ProNoob88
UB Junior Member

Post by ProNoob88 » 17 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm

My advise get a strong stock engine, that's what am saving for right now.

ProNoob88
UB Junior Member

Post by ProNoob88 » 17 Feb 2014, 6:24 pm

Oh btw, as u know, after market sports exhaust system and air intake filters increase ur cars sound signature, which is the key why it's against the law to change them, couple of my friends spoke to RTA regarding this and they told them u can change them if it's not loud, so before u buy any mods contact RTA and get approval on any major mod ur gonna do, see if u can get their reply on a document, keep it with u in the car and if the cops give u trouble about it, show them that ur shit is approved by RTA.

Syed Yaseen
UB Junior Member

Post by Syed Yaseen » 17 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

ohh then probably i'll get it checked with the RTA first.
I don't understand when the government says it's not allowed coz of noise pollution..what about those stock muscle cars or supercars? does their sound not contribute to noise pollution? Really these guys don't make sense in their reasoning.
btw thnks alot for all the info :)

ProNoob88
UB Junior Member

Post by ProNoob88 » 17 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

^What i say all the time lol
Exotic cars loud and noisy as hell but they have an excuse "they came that way from the factory and manufacturer."
Forget about noise and exhaust systems, what about non-factory istalled xenon lights, why they not allowed? And so many other mods..
Pshhh its annoying but its the law man, n we gotta respect it or if ur so eager to get ur hands on those mods, u gotta take risk of getting fines whenever the red n blues get their eyes on u. I do, lol, but i have friends all over the cities n usually get tips of where the checkpoints are. Also i stay away from down town as much as possible, stay on highways and outside roads cuz they are less likely to have checkpoints on. Peace

Shayanshamim94
UB Junior Member

Post by Shayanshamim94 » 26 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm

Hey.
Did you get it checked from RTA?
The exhaust?

Do leme know.

Thanks a lot.