Wanted Jazz or City 1.5L L15 CVT ECU

Selling performance parts? Wanna trade? That goes right here!
kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 28 Dec 2007, 4:07 pm

Wanted Jazz or City 1.5L L15 CVT ECU. Can anyone tell me where I can find it.

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 28 Dec 2007, 4:14 pm

[prossett goes downstairs and locks his garage gate...]

:wink:

What for buddy? I have a 1.5 CVT Jazz, though of course the ECU is needed to run the engine for me!

Interested to hear what's cooking...

kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 28 Dec 2007, 4:17 pm

I am swaping engine in my 1.3L
prossett wrote:[prossett goes downstairs and locks his garage gate...]

:wink:

What for buddy? I have a 1.5 CVT Jazz, though of course the ECU is needed to run the engine for me!

Interested to hear what's cooking...

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 28 Dec 2007, 4:27 pm

OK. Can I ask if you've already sourced the engine? Usually you want the harness and ECU to come with the new engine.

Can I also ask if the swap is an intentional step in improving performance or if it is a necessity because the 1.3L was damaged?

Did the Honda dealer quote you for a new ECU?

Depending on your answer to these questions, I would perhaps be able to offer advice and maybe help.

kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 28 Dec 2007, 11:55 pm

I found the engine with harness, but the guy sold the ECU. I am swaping the 1.5L for performance step. New one will cost $$$
prossett wrote:OK. Can I ask if you've already sourced the engine? Usually you want the harness and ECU to come with the new engine.

Can I also ask if the swap is an intentional step in improving performance or if it is a necessity because the 1.3L was damaged?

Did the Honda dealer quote you for a new ECU?

Depending on your answer to these questions, I would perhaps be able to offer advice and maybe help.

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 29 Dec 2007, 10:38 am

Well, here's my advice:

If I were you I'd be very careful to check the ECU is matched to the exact engine + transmission combo. The reason I say this is that AFAIK the City in the UAE comes with CVT with 7-speed, but the Jazz with CVT, so don't assume any City/Jazz ECU will go. The transmissions are different.

I might be wrong - all I'm saying is you need to check this carefully, and the best way to do this is with the help of your friendly Honda parts dealer. You did build a good relationship with him, right? :wink:

Try ask him for the ECU model number(s) that will match your transmission model number AND your new engine model number. Get a pencil and paper and write both those down.

Hopefully, he will tell you that ECU 43565-4355bla bla is the one you want.

Then, do the opposite and hit the online forums and see if anyone can suggest an ECU that will actually enhance performance for Jazz/Fit 1.5. I doubt there is one, but it's a step worth asking.

Once you know exactly what ECU will work, then you need to visit scrapyards and leave them your mobile number. Offer them a little reward if they can source it for you.

At the same time, get the quote from the Honda dealer.

At the same time, visit a couple of performance garages, and see what they say. See how much they would charge, see if they can flash a generic Honda City/Jazz ECU, etc.

It's not going to be easy unless I'm wrong and any City/Jazz ECU will work OK.

Let us know how it goes!

kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 29 Dec 2007, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the info, so are you the same person that is in FitFreak. I was thinking of taking engine # and chassis number to make sure what ECU will fit. There is no aftermarket mods for Jazz or City ECU. As to look at scrap yard, this engine very little here, as the demand is low.
prossett wrote:Well, here's my advice:

If I were you I'd be very careful to check the ECU is matched to the exact engine + transmission combo. The reason I say this is that AFAIK the City in the UAE comes with CVT with 7-speed, but the Jazz with CVT, so don't assume any City/Jazz ECU will go. The transmissions are different.

I might be wrong - all I'm saying is you need to check this carefully, and the best way to do this is with the help of your friendly Honda parts dealer. You did build a good relationship with him, right? :wink:

Try ask him for the ECU model number(s) that will match your transmission model number AND your new engine model number. Get a pencil and paper and write both those down.

Hopefully, he will tell you that ECU 43565-4355bla bla is the one you want.

Then, do the opposite and hit the online forums and see if anyone can suggest an ECU that will actually enhance performance for Jazz/Fit 1.5. I doubt there is one, but it's a step worth asking.

Once you know exactly what ECU will work, then you need to visit scrapyards and leave them your mobile number. Offer them a little reward if they can source it for you.

At the same time, get the quote from the Honda dealer.

At the same time, visit a couple of performance garages, and see what they say. See how much they would charge, see if they can flash a generic Honda City/Jazz ECU, etc.

It's not going to be easy unless I'm wrong and any City/Jazz ECU will work OK.

Let us know how it goes!

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 29 Dec 2007, 5:48 pm

Yeah, and if you further need to match to a specific transmission, chances are even less.

That's why I keep mentioning the Honda dealer - I think in the end that's where you'll have to buy it from... but it's always good to try your luck before and keep them as a last resort.

What does Honda dealer say?

kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 29 Dec 2007, 5:59 pm

Will the guy said that he sold the ECU for $250 and new one will cost like $540, tried to call them but no answer.
prossett wrote:Yeah, and if you further need to match to a specific transmission, chances are even less.

That's why I keep mentioning the Honda dealer - I think in the end that's where you'll have to buy it from... but it's always good to try your luck before and keep them as a last resort.

What does Honda dealer say?

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 30 Dec 2007, 12:12 pm

I can try and check what an ECU goes for over here in Honda....

i checked with some garages i know in Sharjah but none have them (or dont want to sell em!)....
btw, im navadv from Fitfreak.net :)

Hope it works out for you (Y)

kimo
UB Junior Member

Post by kimo » 30 Dec 2007, 1:05 pm

Thanks man.
Oh you are Navadv :)
Accord98 wrote:I can try and check what an ECU goes for over here in Honda....

i checked with some garages i know in Sharjah but none have them (or dont want to sell em!)....
btw, im navadv from Fitfreak.net :)

Hope it works out for you (Y)