UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 24 Jun 2012, 5:05 am

found the used rim section of the forum .. im returning my FRs later .. LOlz

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 24 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

no idea what your tryin to say.
yes fake wheels frm shj are dangerous. dont know why people buy junk from there just to make their cars look good. i hope they realise the safety of their family and friends and others on the road is more important that their white corolla looking 'good' with some unsafe chrome wheels.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 25 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

Ignorance.

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 26 Jun 2012, 10:06 am

Honestly i had no idea about the rims in sharja, since im pretty new to this car setup thing i have 2 other cars ( Trailblaizer and Lancer ) apart from my eclipse which i just recently purchased,. I have always kept my cars stock. one lazy after noon while randomly browsing the net i saw some cool modified mitsubishi eclipse 2003 and deicided to buy a Mitsu 3g and kit it up as a hobby.

WEll when i got the car the rim had some repair, so i thought its really an urgent thing to replace them. With this in mind, my growing excitement and lack of knowledge on to where i can get proper wheels, i head on to this long stretch of wheels and accessory shop in sharja (just right after Sahara Mall). thats when i saw FR Brand... and they looked nice an they also had great offers on rim and tires, well its seems like it LOLz. so i purchased the one i like and after googling about the brand i came across this forum and how people try to warn others of not buying the brand but in those thread it is not explained why they dont like the wheel brand so much. Thats why i have posted this thread, but i have decided to return it and just got my self a used SSR Type F rim in Sharja industrial Lolz they are dirty and faded but after a few coating of paint they look alright :) the only problem is the rim is missing center cap lolz but its ok, atleast it has a JWL and VIA testing mark on it LOL.

Ignorance? a bit harsh isnt it ? well like i said im new to this, so more like inexperience. im sure you all have start somewhere.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 26 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

What shop did you purchase the SSRs from?

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 26 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

cant remember the name. but its somewhere the area of troy univ. its not a main road, i randomly found it when i was looking for santana garage after reading about this filipino owned garage, but i sisnt find it, intead i saw this lol lol its like inner roads of nothing but wharehouses of parts, engine, shocks and some wheels . to be honest im not sure if its legit, i tried driving the car on 100kmph and the steering shakes :( damn it i guess ill just live with it lol till i find a better one .. where do you. buy legit used tires anyway? :(

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 26 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Makoy wrote:cant remember the name. but its somewhere the area of troy univ. its not a main road, i randomly found it when i was looking for santana garage after reading about this filipino owned garage, but i sisnt find it, intead i saw this lol lol its like inner roads of nothing but wharehouses of parts, engine, shocks and some wheels . to be honest im not sure if its legit, i tried driving the car on 100kmph and the steering shakes :( damn it i guess ill just live with it lol till i find a better one .. where do you. buy legit used tires anyway? :(
Sounds like you need a Wheel balance asap if you plan to keep driving it, and Don't even think of taking it to high speeds before you do!
For used tires check dubizzle,souq, etc... just make sure their not older then 2 years.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 26 Jun 2012, 8:34 pm

Its very important to balance the wheels as well as aligning them after getting new rims OR tires...

might spend some bux but u will save heavily considering the issues that the future would bring

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 26 Jun 2012, 11:17 pm

well they did that but i guess they weren't good enough im taking it again once my ride is out of the garage.. the owner ot the paint shop/ garage told me to bring it to Gulf something tireshop in sharja he said they have laser alignment and better equipment than the mickey mouse tire shops in sharja ..

this is how it looks like before i brought it in to get some love

Work on Progress :)

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 26 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

since its really hard to get a hold of 3g parts in this region we decided to go DIY LOL DIY Mesh i asked the denter to sand it along with he body so it would look like its part of the bumper ... i hope we pull this one off or if we fail .. then i guess i have no choice but to order a custom bumper on Ebay or ED LOL fingers crossed i hope the end result is good :)

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 26 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm

Nice Eclipse, love the colour.. Rims look good after an alignment and balancing it should be good to go!
I don't think many people have this on the forum.. Post up some pics in the Member's gallery after its completed (Y)
Btw The mesh bit would look lot better in Black...

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 27 Jun 2012, 12:09 am

Thanks tribal :wink: Yeah we are gonna have the side mesh and the front bumper scoop mesh black :) yeah it was pretty hard to look for a Mitsu 3g in this region lolz but i guess i got lucky, the car was really clean when i bought it and only had to change timing belt and pulleys thats it LOl the color just needed some love. yeah ill post some pics on thursday.. thats what the owner of the shop said. that it will be ready by Thursday :) btw are you guys going to the cars and bike show on friday sponsored by Dubai Police ( Yikes ) lol

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 27 Jun 2012, 12:52 am

Mitsubishi Eclipse 3g 03- Project Car (work in Progress)

Chevy Trail Blazer 04 - Family car

Mitsubishi Lancer 07 - sold