civic EK vs evo (both stock)

Vids, Vids and Vids!
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 09 Jul 2007, 1:21 am

check this out..honda civic EK wid k20a swap on stock internals...vs a stock mitsubishi evo 8 i think...see it and judge it urselfff..listen to the power of the honda :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-Bmxy7WJk

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 09 Jul 2007, 8:16 am

engine swap isnt considered stock and if the evo raced the civic from a dead start. evo wouldve been ahead until the end... evo rnt slow :)... and honda (CIVIC) has no power to listen to but u can make a honda very fast however if theres a turn coming.. u gotta problem..

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 09 Jul 2007, 5:59 pm

hmmmm.....you got a point when you said that if they start from a dead start the evo would have wipped it..no doubt...but they way the EK was gaining speed on the evo was mad!!!...and when i said stock internals i meant by the engine was stock...i am not sure if you consider a engine swap a modd but what the hell...and trust if you no how to modify your car the right way a honda can out do a evo on a turn any day..as the pro's here man...where is albertho..i think this would be intersting for him!!!....

evo's are damn fast and good on the track..but if u bring a honda and do it right...it can skrew it!!...to a certian extent!!!

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 09 Jul 2007, 8:29 pm

the EK looks modified.... hasn't got the rear seats/to reduce weight..... and look at the driver's seat/..... RECARO..... sports.... !

BOOST !

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 10 Jul 2007, 7:10 am

well .. fully modded evo vs fully modded civic ... evo on a track anyday and straight line ... evo all the way :>

stock evo vs moded civic isnt a good race

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 10 Jul 2007, 8:55 pm

boost...buddy....just bcoz you have recardo seats in your ride it doesnt mean it will go faster...yaaaa..maybe he did remove the rear seats to reduce some weight...HOWEVER..there was more then 1 person in the car!!!!

arhamz i am waiting for some backup here...when the honda guys come they will make you understand...

what i am talking about is stock to stock...yes the civic had a engine swap..but the engine is N/A ....the evo has a turbo!!!..hmmmm....a N/A civic woops a turbo charged evo......

if you put the same two cars on the track from the video i am sure they would give each other a hard time!!!...evo is 4wheel drive..and no doubt its quick!!!...but the civic aint that bad on the corner either.....

and if you modded both..well buddy ...there is no limit to what you can modd your car to......you can get 500+hp civics, and 500+hp evo's...but them on the drag..and i am sure both the guys in the car would be sweating...dont under estimate civic's..there nice cars if done right...even a stock s2000 can woop a evo...after 2nd gear!!!.....evo's are nice.....i love them..and i will buy one INSHALLAH...but seeing the video realy surprised me on how much potential a civic actually has!!..think abuot it bro :D

arhamz
UB Junior Member

Post by arhamz » 12 Jul 2007, 9:19 am

20$ boost controller wouldve had the evo atleast keeping up if not passing that civic ... and that would be sad since the civic dude spend mad cash to swap a engine ...

simple as this ... if u build a glass house wont be as good as a brick house... and will cost more ... all i wanted to say was evo is a better platform overall and will always remain better .. maybe u own a civic thats why u r defending civics ... but i have a b16 civic and a skyline and i know the difference :> infact civic is much better on gas (also my winter beater)
-arhamz

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 12 Jul 2007, 4:46 pm

Well, at some point you have a 2.0 L NA and a 2.0 L turbo.

Well, evo lovers will always defend evo's, honda lovers will defend honda's.

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 15 Jul 2007, 1:42 am

First of all, its an Eg which is freaking light and would be definately fast with a K20.
But AWD is AWD, there is nothing u can do about it.
And engine swap is a big mod ill tell ya.