Peugeot vs Patrol

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
theo_207GT
UB Junior Member

Post by theo_207GT » 06 Oct 2010, 11:26 pm

Today i was on my going to dubai from al ain. while i was still in al ain, this IDIOT comes up right behind me in his Nissan patrol (2004 model maybe) flashing his lite etc. i had a cars next to me so i couldnt move over, and the fact that he was being so arrogant and stupid simply made me drive even slower, i finally found a gap to move over...but, i decided to drive a bit faster. i was right next to him and then he looked at me and revved his engine.

now i understand, if you have never been in a Peugeot 207 GT, then you will think it is slow. but, that little 1.6 turbo is AMAZING. after we hit about 160 km/h i was at least 8-10 car lengths ahead of him. i love surprising people with that car lol

daarklord
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2008 Peugeot 207 RC

Post by daarklord » 29 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

Yeah it's a fun car in medium traffic and city streets. Almost-bucket seats, super smooth powered steering wheel. It also has 6 air-bags and a really high safety rating!

Speaking of SUVs vs 207GT's, once I was going from Dubai to AD as usual in my 207RC when some blocky green SUV comes up behind me flashing his lights like a maniac. Too many cars on the next lane so I just let him tailgate a bit. Then my exit was about to come up so I switched all the way to the right most, but he was still following flashing his lights! I thought it was some punk %#%$ kids looking to race, so I sped up off toward the exit, which is an S-curved bridge, dodging cars left and right. Ofcourse no SUV can catch up to a 207RC while cornering and slaloming around traffic, so he was several seconds behind me. Then after passing over a speedbump before the next bridge (they have a speed bump before it because it is becomes a very steep curve towards the end and people often crash there), he was still behind me flashing headlights. I was thinking he was flashing too much and wasn't racing enough, so I slowed down and sure enough, he pulled up beside me and when we rolled down our windows it was some guy in a military uniform telling me to pull over! Haha ofcourse I was quite surprised. After finding a safe place to pull over, I showed my license and he said what's with all the weaving left and right? I was gonna answer because you punk-asses don't even have a proper siren so I thought you were a street racer, but I just said I'll be more careful next time, and they let me go :grin:

cibait
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:altima 3.5

Post by cibait » 26 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

hehehe..
i have a cheve tahoe hate it, acceleration is bad & top speed is 200! n if you brake then it take an eternity to get back on speed thats why i hate pressing brakes so i keep flashing from distant but i dont tail nobody because i hate when someone do that to me... :)

btw is Peugeot durable i mean daily long high speed drive!