Wealthy, reckless playboy with brashly tuned car busted.

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
jdm_4life
UB Junior Member

Post by jdm_4life » 19 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm

Since about six or seven years ago there has been no race track in Kuwait, after the official one that was on the Sixth Ring Road in South Surra area was removed. Kuwaiti local boys bring their high end sports cars or tune up their cars and race on the streets. Illegal races on different highways became more popular and frequent. Unfortunately, many of these races had dramatic results.

On Saturday night at around 11.30 pm I was at a food joint with a friend of mine enjoying our late night meal. And on the other side of the road all we could hear was roaring sound of cars and motorbikes. A gang of highly tuned cars and motorbikes where flirting between life and death while recklessly racing on the streets of Kuwait. It was breath taking to see how those guys where recklessly driving and switching lanes without following the street laws and rules.

It was getting very intense one after the other cars and bikes were speeding away, but just after a few minutes a police motorcycle arrives at the food joint with its loud and scarifying siren following the motorcycle was Black Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 accompanied by two police cars.

The police officer directs the driver to park his car and step out of the vehicle. The driver steps out of his loud screaming machine and says to the officer, “All throttle no bottle” (mean: It’s pure speed and no bottle – referring to NOS). The driver behind the wheels identified as Abdulrehman AlSheikh was clocked at around 156 mph. The officer asks the driver for his driving license and car papers. Now the interesting part begins. The driver is asked to pop his hood – it’s like the moment of truth. The officers’ examine the engine closely. And after few while the policemen and the race car driver throw some few words in Arabic to each other. The place was crowding and people were discussing about the incident that took place. I ask a an Arabic speaking guy about the conversation and we were shocked when the Arab told us that Nisaan Skyline is illegal tuned with 1200 HP under the hood. Whoa! It was totally illegal tuned Skyline R34, after examining the hood the officer steps into the car to check the interiors and asks the driver to pop the trunk of the car. As he pops the trunk what we see is two huge Nitrous Oxide cylinders. A nightmare for the street racer, Abdulrehman AlSheikh, who got pulled over by the Kuwait Traffic for illegal street racing and illegal tuning his car. After few arguments the police confiscate the drivers’ papers and ask him to get into the police vehicle and also the speeding demon is towed by the Kuwait Traffic Police Department.

The Nissan GTR was very closely tuned. I managed to get the specs of the vehicle.
Car : Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
• Owner : Abdulrehman AlSheikh
• Estimated HP : 1200 Horse Power
• Maximum Boost : 2.0
• Transmission : 6 Speed Manual

Tuning detail
Stroke Kit 3.0 L
• Turbo Kit
• 1200 HP computer system
• 1300 cc injectors
• Blow off valve
• Cams 280
• Connecting rods
• Pistons
• Ported head
• Spark plugs
• Intercooler
• Oil cooler
• Twin turbo
• Illegal manifold
• Nitrous oxide kit
• Boost controller
• High lift cams
• Crank case
• Titanium exhaust system

That’s all I managed to find out, however the car was illegally tuned with great skills and technique. Surely the owner is going to have a hard time to release his brashly tuned Skyline. The penalty for racing in Kuwait is high, but in Middle East illegal street racing is a rich kids sport!