Lumina ss VS F430

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 08 May 2007, 12:11 pm

I'm not a big fan of LOOKS anyway... i'm a "GO" person.. if you know what i mean
Hehe....yeah I can understand and you have come to the right forum :wink: :D !!!

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 26 May 2007, 2:59 pm

meego (mugheera on youtube) I think you're full of shit.

:D

Do you remember me bro - Clint -mmg? Very nice car man - someone told me you had an M3 but I guess you sold it off for this. Anyways thumbs up on the mods and power.

Im running a fairly tame G35 (grounding kit, z tube, jwt intake, plenum spacer, hks exhaust) soon with Works VS-XX gold rims.

We should catch up sometime - drop me an email clinthammer (at gmail dot com).

cheers man

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 29 May 2007, 2:14 pm

keep dreaming.... whtever the case may be.... u can never beat a F430 with ur ss..... no matter wht...

and yeah... even if u say tht u have raced one.... i can guarantee tht the ferrari guy must have been driving normally (and u thuoght tht it was racing).....

ScOrPiO ZaiB
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ScOrPiO ZaiB » 29 May 2007, 7:51 pm

boost wrote:keep dreaming.... whtever the case may be.... u can never beat a F430 with ur ss..... no matter wht...

and yeah... even if u say tht u have raced one.... i can guarantee tht the ferrari guy must have been driving normally (and u thuoght tht it was racing).....
Why cant a ss beat F430 ......... as meego said hes having a supercharger and other modifications so it is possible my brother ...........

Peace!

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 30 May 2007, 10:18 am

YO Clint... nice to see you on here.. long time dude... E-mail Sent...

Boost>> ma man... I respect what you are sayin, and I expect the same from you... I guess who ever knows ‘bout modifications and love motors-port would understand what I’m saying... at the end, I’m definitely not showing of my car’s power with a story based on a lie coz it’s useless...
Please read more, you have Internet and you can search and learn... it’s all ‘bout knowledge dude... and again “Respect”!

Good luck...

ScOrPiO ZaiB>> CheerZ! :)

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 02 Jun 2007, 11:39 am

If all the cars are fractory spec and no chips, mods at all, it is hard to see a merc E65 beat a F430, maybe the same in a straight line.

As for the lumina, if it was manual, you would probably be a few car lengths behind, at higher speeds, the aerodynamics will make you loose.

I have seen a SS lumina w/manual tranny beat a CL55 AMG, but just.

boost
UB Senior Member

Post by boost » 02 Jun 2007, 11:46 am

Meego wrote:YO Clint... nice to see you on here.. long time dude... E-mail Sent...

Boost>> ma man... I respect what you are sayin, and I expect the same from you... I guess who ever knows ‘bout modifications and love motors-port would understand what I’m saying... at the end, I’m definitely not showing of my car’s power with a story based on a lie coz it’s useless...
Please read more, you have Internet and you can search and learn... it’s all ‘bout knowledge dude... and again “Respect”!

Good luck...

ScOrPiO ZaiB>> CheerZ! :)

even i respect ur hopes and feelings..... i never insulted ur car... did i??

but the fact is tht "THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED" no matter how powerful ur car is.... a F430 is a F430 after all...

and coming back.... i know u r not telling us the false story.... u have some taste in ur words.... but remember ---> my favourate QOUTE:-

"THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED"

WKZ
UB Advanced Member

Post by WKZ » 02 Jun 2007, 1:41 pm

Meego wrote:
PWR enhanced
Magna SuperCharger by PWR blowing 7 psi , 90 mm Electronic Throttle-Body (Serial # 0001) Methanol/Water injection system, Custom Tune by PWR-AU.
Titanium SLP long tube headers, S. Steel High Tech Exhausts.
PBR drilled-slotted break disks
Speedy 3 pec Rims 19”, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup – front 245x35, rear 265x35
Boost this is not a stock SS,Meego has got the right things in his car which can smoke a F430 or its kind,having a Ferrari emblem does not prove that it is unbeatable,you should check out the videos of lambos and ferraris being beaten by skylines and its like,don't just go on the name,check out the stats before giving your opinion, F430 produces around 483-ish HP while his SS producing 515 hp more to that is that the F430 produces a mere 465 nM of torque while the Meego's SS producing a 615-ish Nm!!!

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 02 Jun 2007, 2:23 pm

WKZ wrote:
Meego wrote:
PWR enhanced
Magna SuperCharger by PWR blowing 7 psi , 90 mm Electronic Throttle-Body (Serial # 0001) Methanol/Water injection system, Custom Tune by PWR-AU.
Boost this is not a stock SS,Meego has got the right things in his car which can smoke a F430 or its kind,having a Ferrari emblem does not prove that it is unbeatable,you should check out the videos of lambos and ferraris being beaten by skylines and its like,don't just go on the name,check out the stats before giving your opinion, F430 produces around 483-ish HP while his SS producing 515 hp more to that is that the F430 produces a mere 465 nM of torque while the Meego's SS producing a 615-ish Nm!!!
Power and torque is nothing.

You still have weight, trans ratios, diff ratio..............i could go on days mentioning this.

I know a swedish Ferrari tuner who made that baby F355 to push over 797whp and 720tqw with a twin turbo and running 8 psi. It all coms down to car, overall drivability, and a ton of other factors.........just saying xxxwhp and xxxtrq is nothing.

boost
UB Senior Member

Post by boost » 03 Jun 2007, 6:49 am

Hosrom wrote:
WKZ wrote:
Meego wrote:
PWR enhanced
Power and torque is nothing.

You still have weight, trans ratios, diff ratio..............i could go on days mentioning this.

I know a swedish Ferrari tuner who made that baby F355 to push over 797whp and 720tqw with a twin turbo and running 8 psi. It all coms down to car, overall drivability, and a ton of other factors.........just saying xxxwhp and xxxtrq is nothing.

so wht do u mean to say??? i mean u r supporting SS or F430??

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 03 Jun 2007, 10:07 am

oi oi guys... this is becoming funny... Do you actully KNOW anything 'bout tuning? sorry i didn't mean anything.. but you don't sound like it...

"THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED"

and that's what i'm sying buddy...

Hosrom>> what do you mean by "Power and torque is nothing" ?? ??!?!? i'm sorry i'm just lost here... dude it's 70 % if not more... yeah true taht Wight is very important, well... bad for the F450 it didn't help... as WKZ said "having a Ferrari emblem does not prove that it is unbeatable"... anyway... I'm ready to try if anyone is intresrted... :)

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 03 Jun 2007, 10:10 am

:D

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 03 Jun 2007, 11:46 am

All i am saying is that both cars, factory stock trims in everyway, which one would you really go for?

The F430 is faster than a Lumina SS, and mind you, the Lumina SS is not a driver's sports car, it is a sedan, built as a sedan, The Ferrari, is built for track/street.

The ferrari, and other exotic cars, are built to last 20+ years, hence why exotic materials are used in construction purely for reliability, and that comes with a big price tag.

The lumina SS it not designed to last 20 years, hence why the design changed i believe three times? in a short period. I am not saying the lumina is a crap car at all, i am saying that you are comparing two different cars with two different build and purpose behind them.

When we start talking aftermarket modifications, it is a whole new game park, either car could be pumping out some serious equippment.

But never compare a stock car with a modded car, it is not fair/right.

WKZ
UB Advanced Member

Post by WKZ » 03 Jun 2007, 1:41 pm

Boost I don't support any one of them but I am trying 2 correct you because you don't really seem 2 agree with Meego that his SS coupe can beat a Ferrari and in some way think that he is lying,it s not you but your "favourite" qoute"THE TRUTH CANNOT BE DENIED"!!!

Gtr-35
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2006 300c srt8

Post by Gtr-35 » 03 Jun 2007, 2:33 pm

lol... man y ss cant beat ferrari?he has enough mods 2 beat it..just appreciate it , and as meego said "I'm ready to try if anyone is intresrted... " so just bring if u have any1 who owns f-430 orelse keep quiet..meggo honestly bro i dont like lumina ss, but when it is supercharged it is different story :D
ps: srry if i offended anyone.