Lumina ss VS F430

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
ImportFX
UB Senior Member

Post by ImportFX » 25 Jul 2007, 12:59 pm

ALi wrote:
Tamu wrote:..iv seen merc E63 skrewing the F430!!!..you pay so much for exotic car...yet u got a merc playing with it..just a thought!!
man.. merc E63 aint a cheap car man...and yeh it is fast.. merc rulz (Y) even M5 is faster than F430
M5 is not faster then f430 as top gear has proved and even m5forums.com and m6forums.....e63 is fast then f430 cause its got about 200 more hp and 4 more cylinders and more cc etc...even sl65 beats slr mclaren..but when it comes to a track f430 is way more better....CHek out m5forums.com if u wanna see the race between them..

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 26 Jul 2007, 8:16 am

^
Offtopic- Hey Import FX. It has been long time, nice to hear from you, where have been man!?

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 27 Jul 2007, 11:46 pm

..even sl65 beats slr mclaren..

Oh?

BTW, that M6 that they test against the lambo, Ferrari, Porsche and so on has an ECU/Software upgrade and camshafts......so it is not stock.

ImportFX
UB Senior Member

Post by ImportFX » 28 Jul 2007, 12:51 am

Hosrom wrote:

Oh?

BTW, that M6 that they test against the lambo, Ferrari, Porsche and so on has an ECU/Software upgrade and camshafts......so it is not stock.
whts the point...i mean if a modded cant beat them so how can a stok race against it..

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 28 Jul 2007, 2:36 am

ImportFX wrote:
Hosrom wrote:

Oh?

whts the point...i mean if a modded cant beat them so how can a stok race against it..
If you are going to compare cars, then compare them fairly, in terms of design and function.

getting a lambo 4x4 and taking it up against a C6, it not right, even though they have the same power.

Now, if you compare a stock car with a modded car, it is still wrong. Why, simple, how much extra did that guy put in for the M6? new cams and ECU, then add new cams and ECU for the F430/Lambo/997TT and do it right.

There is a difference betwee a 800Bhp Supra beating a stock F430 you know, get mod and tune the F430 to 800Bhp then compare, two cars, both sports cars, with similar power.

If not, i call that just a nice laugh, it maybe fun, but it is not right.

You have an opinion, and i have an opinion and everyone has their opinion, just respect each other's opinion in how we all compare cars.

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 28 Jul 2007, 2:44 am

I need to make something very clear here.

It is not about who is faster, and what is you're fav. car, not at all. Just because you like a M5 and you know it is faster than a xxx car, doesn't mean that's the case and it is closed.

You guys should have a more open mind than that, i know because i was just like you guys. I, for one, loved porsches, for their simple design and track proven reliability and performance. There came a time where i thought the 911 can take anything out there, if not then i thought the 959 could, and then the GT1, GT2 and so on.

Being worked in the restoring and full race prep (and everything in between) i realized that it is not above which car you love, know its fast and stick with it, it's a combination of opinion, taste, car, reliability, performance and a whole bunch of factory.

That is why i have, very deep respect and emotions over any car out there. I am not ashamed to know that my fav. car is beaten by a C4 corvette, on or off the track. But when it comes down to actually repairing/prepping a car and seeing it perform and meets and exceeds you're expectations, then anything is possible.

With that said, i am sorry for writting a long message and being off topic, but my point is not to forget that every car out there has been built and designed with a lot of thinking and designing behind it, where most of us can't see it.

Respect ALL cars (be it you are king of the road, or the donkey on the road), it is not just a matter of who is faster.

GTtwinCam
UB Senior Member

Post by GTtwinCam » 24 Sep 2007, 10:19 pm

LMFAO!!

An LS1 SS vs a F430..!?!!

a LS1 c5 vette cant beat a F360...n u're talkin a ss vs f430...

if this was posssible then no one wud be stupid enuf to splash out 900 grands for a ferrari...

go ahead...slap in turbochargers, re-map the ECU, squeeze in every effin performance part u can find...but still u wont come meters close to a f430...all u'll get is hell lotta torque-steer...

UAE_PILOT
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Caprice SS

Post by UAE_PILOT » 25 Sep 2007, 1:21 pm

Hi man

Can you advice where you tuned your car

UAE_PILOT
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Caprice SS

Post by UAE_PILOT » 25 Sep 2007, 1:27 pm

Hi Man,

Meego can you please advice where you tuned your car?

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 01 Oct 2007, 7:08 pm

GTtwinCam wrote:LMFAO!!

if this was posssible then no one wud be stupid enuf to splash out 900 grands for a ferrari...

go ahead...slap in turbochargers, re-map the ECU, squeeze in every effin performance part u can find...but still u wont come meters close to a f430...all u'll get is hell lotta torque-steer...
Hehe, totally agree but it might be true!

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 03 Oct 2007, 2:48 am

CLAP CLAP CLAP!! MABROOK MAN.. you made a Point!! i don't really wanna go through this... just read the posts THEN make a Comment....

UAE PILOT>> i do it myself... if you need any help pleas buzz me...

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 05 Oct 2007, 12:35 am

LS1 Chevy engine, based in the Camero, capric, corvette and several other Chevy models would not be able to take down a standard 911 carrera. The 360 Modena competes with the carrera S (+30-40Bhp more over the standard carrera models).

My 220Bhp 944 Turbo takes down the new 07 SS lumina all day, and i was 3 car lengths behind a 360 modena, however, we are talking about speeds well over 220Kpr and the distance never rose (ie he never pulled away further).

Forget what you rear in the paper regarding specs of cars, they never test them from certain speeds where mother nature pushes you back with all her glory.

Now, if we talk about the Chevy 400+ V8 engines (not including the LS7 Z06 block), that is different.....but the LS1 (stock) is best rated at 345Bhp, add that to a 4,500+ car, 4 doors, heavy seats....you see where this is going.

The LS1 engine is designed to be grunty and torque available, NOT a sports engine like the Z06.

Mind you, Lumina and Camero (and any other Chevy SS models), you do NOT have the SAME engine that corvettes have, you never did before and you never will. It was all a marketing gimmick from the dealers and it works very well. If you still believe that you have a corvette engine, then race a standard C5, the Lumina SS and the Corvette C5 weigh the same, see who wins.............

Just because both engines are made from the same company, same size (bore x strokle, cylinders etc) does NOT mean the same power.......

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 05 Oct 2007, 12:41 am

LS1 Chevy engine, based in the Camero, capric, corvette and several other Chevy models would not be able to take down a standard 911 carrera. The 360 Modena competes with the carrera S (+30-40Bhp more over the standard carrera models).

My 220Bhp 944 Turbo takes down the new 07 SS lumina all day, and i was 3 car lengths behind a 360 modena, however, we are talking about speeds well over 220Kpr and the distance never rose (ie he never pulled away further).

Forget what you rear in the paper regarding specs of cars, they never test them from certain speeds where mother nature pushes you back with all her glory.

Now, if we talk about the Chevy 400+ V8 engines (not including the LS7 Z06 block), that is different.....but the LS1 (stock) is best rated at 345Bhp, add that to a 4,500+ car, 4 doors, heavy seats....you see where this is going.

The LS1 engine is designed to be grunty and torque available, NOT a sports engine like the Z06.

Mind you, Lumina and Camero (and any other Chevy SS models), you do NOT have the SAME engine that corvettes have, you never did before and you never will. It was all a marketing gimmick from the dealers and it works very well. If you still believe that you have a corvette engine, then race a standard C5, the Lumina SS and the Corvette C5 weigh the same, see who wins.............

Just because both engines are made from the same company, same size (bore x strokle, cylinders etc) does NOT mean the same power.......

GTtwinCam
UB Senior Member

Post by GTtwinCam » 08 Oct 2007, 1:47 pm

^^As far as i know is that c5 and old lumina had LS1 but the c5 was supercharged...where as the new lumina shares the LS2 block with c6 and again the c6 is supercharged...and vettes are a lot lighter than luminas...

plz correct me if im wrong...

rehaab
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2006 full opition isuzu trooper

Post by rehaab » 13 Oct 2007, 4:54 pm

Meego wrote:guys what do you think...
My
Lumina ss or
Ferrari F430
?? which one will win?? :wink:
u have a f430??????
off course the f430
or the lumina could win if
it is really, seriously seriously pimped!?!?!