Lumina ss VS F430

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 12 Jun 2007, 11:43 am

PS: hardware is complete trash if the software is made right, no magic involved.

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 14 Jun 2007, 2:21 pm

you are right.... it’s always the Right ingredients...

I can get the C6 easily and leave him behind... but the ZO6 killed me by 0.5 secs on the drag strip (I was on his tail after the first) so basically his launch... I just need few things here and there to be able to kill the ZO6.. and that’s my aim for now... and I’ve already started by changing my suspension kit.. and I can feel a big deference in my launch... heads and caps will be the FAR next.., where I will be hitting 550 + RWHP... which is 630 + HP...

I wasn’t doubting your info buddy... may be it’s just the way you put it... ;)

It’s all cool... ?

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 14 Jun 2007, 3:39 pm

Meego wrote:you are right.... it’s always the Right ingredients...

I can get the C6 easily and leave him behind... but the ZO6 killed me by 0.5 secs on the drag strip (I was on his tail after the first) so basically his launch... I just need few things here and there to be able to kill the ZO6.. and that’s my aim for now... and I’ve already started by changing my suspension kit.. and I can feel a big deference in my launch... heads and caps will be the FAR next.., where I will be hitting 550 + RWHP... which is 630 + HP...

I wasn’t doubting your info buddy... may be it’s just the way you put it... ;)

It’s all cool... ?
Drag is so not my style at all, and i really don't want to own a car than can do a 1/4 mile in breaking records, since the low end and city driving would be horrible.

Anyways, the C6 LS7 engine block is a real beauty from GM, on a race track, you would suffer greatly, since the LS& GM block is dry sumped and has ben engineered to be reliable, strong and effective on the track. The Z06 lapped the Nuremberg track, in it's stock form in under 7:40 minutes, which is a huge deal.

I would like to see you're dyno chart in you're current form, preferrable from Dynojet dyno since i found the rest of teh dyno's here read incorrectly and the operator doesn't calibrate the machine properly. Im saying dynojet because they have a dealership here in Dubai, reliable one.

The Z06 is considered slow to me, since a bone stock 997 porsche TT was 1.4 seconds faster in a 1/4 mile/400m drag (give or take 0.2 seconds here and there), and i was part of a team in America where we build some serious 993/996 Porsches. Stock block 993, we achieved 702awhp and over 823lbs /tq on a competitive track car. Adding some serious powerhaus Ii transmission internals, they were almost untouchable, im saying almost because there is always someone faster, but we were one of the top teams in our class.

PS: FVD upgrades on Porsches are just too expensive and "weak" where i cme from, a 996 with FVD computers and exhaust kit (stage 1 upgrade) yeilded 550awhp on a stock 996, imagine what the turbos, cylinder head, intake manifold, camshafts would add........

We also mad a 423whp porsche 944 turbo kill a C6 Z06, we ran 19psi boost on pump gas as well. It is not how much power you have, it is how the power is delivered to the engine and how the engine delivers it to the wheels.

Im not dissing anyone here, im just saying you shoudls et you're expectations much much heigher, since a Z06 is an mildly easy target.

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 15 Jun 2007, 5:19 am

thanx for the info buddy...

I don't look low on Zo6... n one should... the world of moding is a very whiled one... as i always say "it's never enough".. My aim is a ZO6 for now.. and i'd feel good to reach that... it's a powerfull car.. Yes there are so meny moded cars are stronger than the Z06 but it's like everything in life, you have to set an Aim... it what you did back in the States.. you wanted to be One of the top teams and you did.. now if you think that "the Z06 in an mildly easy target" well.. all i can say s WOW... Good luck...

"congrats"... for me doing my car "step by step" is something i enjoy... getting used to the power on m wheels and try to reach to the best combo that - I - feel good 'bout...

at the end.. cars are like Food... You might LOVE KFC.. but i don't.. i just don't like to eat it.. but if i saw you eating it i want ome to you and tell you "why the fk are you eating this sh!t?!" coz its your taste... same thing with cars... some ppl like Japanis cars and some like German...ETC... for me... I like anything go to do with Motorsports and i respect all cars...

BTW.. what do you drive right now? and do you have any modeS?

Cheerz.. and again.. Thanx for the info...

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 15 Jun 2007, 5:55 am

Meego,
It is good that you take it step by step, we used to get customers with stock cars that just request "i want 800whp", we say how deep is you're pocket, he says deep enough.

We give him a track car for 1 hour, and made him drive it on the track. He loved it, we then mad him drive it the city rush our traffic, he said that he thinks he grew muscles and became def since there is nothing comfortable about it, no sound proofing, no exhaust baffle, clutch is heavy as a brick (you need a heck of a clutch to put down the power) and so on....he then re-evaluated what hey likes, a mile upgrade and he loves it, on and off the track.

Once power levels start going up, the real use of a car (in means of transportation and comfort) goes down, especially when one drive a stock 400hp car and wants double the power immediately.

As of now, i own and drive an 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo, it has a straight through 2.5" exhaust, everything stock and set at 12psi. It's been lowered and the suspention upgraded, it is barely as fast as a stock C5, but at the autodome, i take hunt them down everytime.

It has Koni yellow adjustables all round with a set of 200lbs front springs, nice for the street and track combo. Standard brakes (mid sized brembo/porsche 4 piston calipers all round0, which are suprisingly nice, x-drilled rotors going in soon to prevent fade due to gas discharge of the pads/rotors and heat.

It is however chipped, and making 20whp more at that boost level, on 18psi and 4-6 advanced timing mapes at WOT, it makes 100Bhp extra (stock is rates at 220).

It may not sound liek much, but for a 1,350kg car, 220Bhp launched it from 0-60 on 5.7 seconds, i managed to officially record 5.02 seconds at 18psi, bone stock 21 year old bloock, head, turbo and wastegate.

A 60-1HiFi turbo and a turbonetics KKK replica 8cm hotside is going in in July, along with a tial 38mm wastegate, 72lbs injectors, 3 bar FPR, fuel/timing stand alone software is going in.

if memory serves, with this set-up we did in america, we managed just under 400whp at 18psi or so, but it was really stupid, since we spun 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears on WOT with 275/45/18 wheels in the rear. And yet the head, cam, block was still stock.......

So, you see how high the potential is in such an old car, and you see why i said the Z06 was a mild target for us, but it is easy with a 996/997 TT since they already can smash a LS7 engine stock. Those 911's maybe expensive and definately a huge pain to work on (engine shoudl come out when doing most jobs), but they are the big boys and the ones that are always on my mind.

It is vry important to repect all cars out there, stock or modded, i met people that only car how fast they are, and i used to just destroy them (for fun), untill i realized they are not even worth the fuel consumed.

But regardless, this is just me, if i were to choose between the F430 or the Lumina Supercharged, i'd definately go for the F430, and i would not care if i was the slowest person on the block. I'm driving a car that is just filled with history, passion, soul, elegance and technology, right curves in the right places, sounds right and so on.....

Nothing personal now ;)

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 15 Jun 2007, 1:49 pm

Dude, you are so damn right! I'd go for the F430 myself too. I try to explain all this to all those 'tuner fanboiz' out there but they think that I am crazy. All they care about is speed.

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 15 Jun 2007, 3:01 pm

TNT wrote:Dude, you are so damn right! I'd go for the F430 myself too. I try to explain all this to all those 'tuner fanboiz' out there but they think that I am crazy. All they care about is speed.
That maybe our tastes, but my hat is off to the tuners who put effort into making their car (lumina, or any other) fater than a F430, as we know, it is no easy task.

But, you have to remember, the F430 uses a lot of expensive and tricky bits, such as a cast aluminum block with Nikisal finish bores. That process alone is worth a lot of money and time (time means money).

Do you really think that those engineers at Ferrari couldn't make the F430 much faster? heck yes, but they understand that the person driving the car may not have any previous experience with racing or power levels, not to mention tough regulations from the government regarding environment. safety and so on.......

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 15 Jun 2007, 4:03 pm

(Y)
I really like your posts. :happy: :P

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 15 Jun 2007, 4:51 pm

TNT wrote:(Y)
I really like your posts. :happy: :P
me too.... although they'r a bit TOO LONG (Y)

Stormline
UB Senior Member

Post by Stormline » 15 Jun 2007, 5:22 pm

F430 will smoke it any time any place, but if the lumina was modified hardcore then in that time it will win depends on the modifications

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 15 Jun 2007, 5:47 pm

Guys,
I am in no means trying to gain any kind of love or popularity, im just posting facts that i have seen and witnessed myself. There is such a big difference between knowing what is involved in modding a car, than actually doing the physical work, trust me they are two worlds appart.

Sorry if my posts are long, but there is a lot of info that needs light to b shed on, before anyways starts talking "my car is faster, it has xyz parts" and so on.

Stormline, the LS1 engine fitted into the SS lumina has one advantage than any other V8 out there, and it is the amount of torque it develops and how it comes into the rev band.

the trick is you don't have to have hardcore mods, simple software changes (ignition/fuel maps) will definately increase the torque and play with when it hits, that makes a difference between drag racing and roll racing.

To be very honest, i would still like to see Meego's dyno chart on a dynojet dyno, since i previously mentioned that many other dynos here i found are out of calibration and read tend to give out in-accurate readings.

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 15 Jun 2007, 7:53 pm

Personally, I believe that cars should be compared in stock form. The 'performance potential' is obviously a completely different thing but true performance is stock performance. I know that I am going to get a lot of :mrgreen: comments after saying this especially considering this is a tuner forum.
Stock performance wise a Ferrari will always be > than most.

Meego
UB Junior Member

Post by Meego » 16 Jun 2007, 11:03 am

Hosrom>>> Nice Info... great to have someone knows his $hit in here... at least we can share our knowledge... :)

Guys can we read and understand the TREAD before POSTING?? IT's a RACE STORY... i RACED A FREAKIN F430 and i'm telling you about it... I didn't say "Dady wanted to give me an F40 but i said NO i'll Keep the Lumina" how can i compare a dhs 700k+ car to a dhs 120k car... and it's a Ferrari!! I was never comparing... I just Kicked HIS A$$... that's all...

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 16 Jun 2007, 9:37 pm

Meego wrote: I didn't say "Dady wanted to give me an F40 but i said NO i'll Keep the Lumina" how can i compare a dhs 700k+ car to a dhs 120k car... and it's a Ferrari!! I was never comparing... I just Kicked HIS A$$... that's all...
LOL 8)
Hosrom if you don't mind can you post some videos of your beauty,I would really love to see a guys car perform who knows his shit (Y) (Y) !!!

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 17 Jun 2007, 12:16 am

WKZ wrote:
Meego wrote: I didn't say "Dady wanted to give me an F40 but i said NO i'll Keep the Lumina" how can i compare a dhs 700k+ car to a dhs 120k car... and it's a Ferrari!! I was never comparing... I just Kicked HIS A$$... that's all...
LOL 8)
Hosrom if you don't mind can you post some videos of your beauty,I would really love to see a guys car perform who knows his shit (Y) (Y) !!!
Sure, keep an eye on the vids forum then, you will see the car going from stock to mild mods going along.